Newcastle and Berge

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If berge goes were fucked end of... We may as well liquidate the club

Who could we get to replace him!!! Players that come on as a sub and jog about a bit in midfield and pass the ball backwards to the centre backs are impossible to find these days
I reckon drunk blade! Is about right if your last comments are a reflection of your thoughts on the Blades 🍺🥳

If passing to a team mate and putting them under pressure to get yourself out of a spot is what we need then Sander is the man based on today’s performance.

Looks like he doesn't want to be here.

We know what he's got in his locker, but it'll take more effort than that from him for it to show and attract any suitors

Criticism where it's due. Berge had a stinker today and if that was meant to be a shop-window opportunity then he definitely didn't take it.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and put it down to lack of match sharpness (which a fair few were clearly suffering from) but he really didn't look arsed at times. Looked like he'd been taking lessons from Norwood in how to stand around and watch the game pass you by. Nesh in the tackle and didn't really get any faster than a light jog. A passenger in a game where everyone needed to be at it if we were to stand a chance of getting owt from the tie, considering the calibre of opposition and the changes we'd made.

He's better than what he showed today but it was a bad day at the office for him regardless.

Whenever I've seen berge play theres always very brief glimpses of the class we all know he possesses but for me he's been in an around the team and the club long enough to have settled in, so those glimpses should have got longer with each week, but they haven't, and for the money we paid for him that's not good enough, people say that we dont play in his style, well, for a player with his supposed talent he would have still shone. Whenever he plays he very rarely puts in a tackle, the most he does is track the player in possession and slows him up, he very rarely puts in telling probing pass, all he does is play the easy ball, he occasionally goes on a dribbling run, which I have to say he's quite good at, but he doesn't do it often. For a £20m+ player he's been pretty poor, and that's being kind, I personally dont think he'll ever be the player everybody thought he may become, regardless of the team he plays for, in my opinion get him out for whatever we might get for him which will certainly be a great deal less than we overpaid for him.

I do hope that when we get the 50p for selling Berge that so many people on here want to get for him, I hope so much that we will buy a very very small midfielder from Nottingham Forest reserves, or possibly a defender who can't defend and scores own goals regularly/makes calamitous errors in almost every game he plays. Or a very small goalkeeper from League 1, with a name like Les.
This new midfield player will run around as fast as their little legs will carry them, needlessly pumping the ball straight to the opposition but with almost duracell bunny like energy.
They will thump the badge on their shirt and show pashun as they get gently eased off the ball by anyone in the opposition team who is over 5'6".
This is the dream of all true biggest blades...
A team of proper English midgets plummeting down the leagues whilst the select few appluad their workrate and plucky attitude...
That my friends is victory - ©️Chrissie Widler

Whenever I've seen berge play theres always very brief glimpses of the class we all know he possesses but for me he's been in an around the team and the club long enough to have settled in, so those glimpses should have got longer with each week, but they haven't, and for the money we paid for him that's not good enough, people say that we dont play in his style, well, for a player with his supposed talent he would have still shone. Whenever he plays he very rarely puts in a tackle, the most he does is track the player in possession and slows him up, he very rarely puts in telling probing pass, all he does is play the easy ball, he occasionally goes on a dribbling run, which I have to say he's quite good at, but he doesn't do it often. For a £20m+ player he's been pretty poor, and that's being kind, I personally dont think he'll ever be the player everybody thought he may become, regardless of the team he plays for, in my opinion get him out for whatever we might get for him which will certainly be a great deal less than we overpaid for him.

I always come back to the same question, how long do we wait?

Note to self: tell my boss that although I'm not up to much right now if he keeps me long enough then perhaps I might be one day pre retirement as long as I don't get injured, or Covid or injured and Covid.

I do hope that when we get the 50p for selling Berge that so many people on here want to get for him, I hope so much that we will buy a very very small midfielder from Nottingham Forest reserves, or possibly a defender who can't defend and scores own goals regularly/makes calamitous errors in almost every game he plays. Or a very small goalkeeper from League 1, with a name like Les.
This new midfield player will run around as fast as their little legs will carry them, needlessly pumping the ball straight to the opposition but with almost duracell bunny like energy.
They will thump the badge on their shirt and show pashun as they get gently eased off the ball by anyone in the opposition team who is over 5'6".
A team of proper English midgets plummeting down the leagues whilst the select few appluad their workrate and plucky attitude...

Wow.

So anyone who is critical of Berge wants us to sell him for a huge loss and sign someone crap as his replacement? How did you arrive at that logic?

I think it's safe to assume that we all want us to conduct thorough scouting and recruitment again. Hungry, athletic and technically capable players with a great attitude like Egan, Baldock, JOC, Duffy et al.

Your post is as bizarre a statement as I've ever read on here - I'm talking Stegosaurus and Fallowfield levels.

Attachments

• images (20).jpeg
    images (20).jpeg
    7.6 KB · Views: 10
Criticism where it's due. Berge had a stinker today and if that was meant to be a shop-window opportunity then he definitely didn't take it.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and put it down to lack of match sharpness (which a fair few were clearly suffering from) but he really didn't look arsed at times. Looked like he'd been taking lessons from Norwood in how to stand around and watch the game pass you by. Nesh in the tackle and didn't really get any faster than a light jog. A passenger in a game where everyone needed to be at it if we were to stand a chance of getting owt from the tie, considering the calibre of opposition and the changes we'd made.

He's better than what he showed today but it was a bad day at the office for him regardless.
We've been saying this,.or something very similar since we bought him, we need to accept an offer which I think will be £8-£10m and get rid

We've been saying this,.or something very similar since we bought him, we need to accept an offer which I think will be £8-£10m and get rid
Exactly.

The longer we keep him, the faster his value starts to go down as a bit part Championship player, not the world beater he's purported as being but I've certainly never seen from him.

While I don't think he's a bad player, if he's as good as we're led to believe, a half fit Sander Berge should be tearing it up at this level. He's head and shoulders above what we've got in terms of height but that's as far as it's gone.

If Sander Berge thinks that going to Newcastle is going to allow him to play in the Premiership I suggest he reads an article in the Daily Wail. It states a very interesting "theory" that Newcastle are buying players that will get them out of the Championship next season. Trippier - overlapping wingback with more room to play forward in the 2nd tier. That makes sense in 2 ways 1) it shows forward planning & 2) did anyone see Newcastle's FA Cup defeat? Abysmal!
If all that did happen would Berge get a warm welcome at BDTBL (assuming we don't take their place!)?

Every time I see Berge get a decent amount of time on the pitch I'll see him do one or two things that make me perk up and think "Bloody hell, that was good", but I'm yet to see him actually have what I'd call a good game. I mean, something like close to a full game where you think he's been one of the most prominent players in it, or he's had an 8/10 performance. Not think about the time he waltzed past a couple, or when he shrugged off a defender with ease, but a solid overall performance as a midfielder getting involved in the game.

I'm not saying he's not got it in him, but I'm yet to see it. I wouldn't mind seeing him stay and I hope he lives up to the promise, but I'd feel almost nothing if we got a decent chunk of change for him.

Bemused at the criticism, bordering on ridicule and abuse. Berge had an average game in his first start in months. Playing in a holding role in front of a new defence against a team that likes to counter attack , I'm sure he was instructed to not be too advanced. He didn't misplace many passes, didn't dominate, but more than held his own against some top class opponents. In the ratings section on this site he's got the team's highest scores, but his usual critics spotted all of the imperfections, and seem to take great joy in pointing out how poor he was and how little he's really worth. I'd put less emphasis on his running style, his transfer fee or the transfer rumours, because it seems to affect people's judgement.

Berge is not a world beater. He won't ever be great in the air, nor strong in the tackle. He won't tear up the Championship, or any other league. He's a decent footballer who can carry the ball and put more attacking players in good positions to create something. He is unusally fast for a big guy, but he's not tenacious. I look forward to seeing him in the same side as MGW and Ndiaye, and hopefully we'll see more of his good qualities pretty soon.

This thread highlights just how many complete fucking idiots make up part of our fan base.
Someone who speaks sense. Refreshing! There is so much more that what is seen on the pitch. Don’t get me wrong, results do matter.

Bemused at the criticism, bordering on ridicule and abuse. Berge had an average game in his first start in months. Playing in a holding role in front of a new defence against a team that likes to counter attack , I'm sure he was instructed to not be too advanced. He didn't misplace many passes, didn't dominate, but more than held his own against some top class opponents. In the ratings section on this site he's got the team's highest scores, but his usual critics spotted all of the imperfections, and seem to take great joy in pointing out how poor he was and how little he's really worth. I'd put less emphasis on his running style, his transfer fee or the transfer rumours, because it seems to affect people's judgement.

Berge is not a world beater. He won't ever be great in the air, nor strong in the tackle. He won't tear up the Championship, or any other league. He's a decent footballer who can carry the ball and put more attacking players in good positions to create something. He is unusally fast for a big guy, but he's not tenacious. I look forward to seeing him in the same side as MGW and Ndiaye, and hopefully we'll see more of his good qualities pretty soon.
Precisely that. I was watching him closely yesterday and every time he got on the ball he was looking for the forward pass but the movement ahead of him was non existent. Even when he'd beaten his man, there were very limited options for him. I'm confident that we'll see the best of him in that holding role, with more creative players in front of him. A destroyer type in there next to him would certainly help too.

Since the moment we signed Berge, all we seem to have talked about is where he's going too next.

Only one problem, nobody clamouring for his signature it seems..

I always come back to the same question, how long do we wait?

Note to self: tell my boss that although I'm not up to much right now if he keeps me long enough then perhaps I might be one day pre retirement as long as I don't get injured, or Covid or injured and Covid.
Are you a 20 million pound asset and have a possible higher sell on value? If not I'd probably not say anything to your boss

Back
Top Bottom