Newcastle and Berge

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We‘re in for a deal for money not players….otherwise it’s not going to happen

Of course he did because the club were signing him. Wilder was happy because he also thought we were signing a great player after watching him but wanted a box to box midfielder too. Is he a Wilder signing? Absolutely not

I’m happy for people to think the story is BS most people do when you put something on here but this story is from someone linked to Wilder. I feel comfortable sharing it because Wilders gone but I won’t go naming names. Maybe Wilder is talking BS which would probably be more likely as he absolutely despises our owners and clearly doesn’t take any blame for what happened to us in the end
Absoloute fantasy stuff

Absoloute fantasy stuff
Why? Look at all Wilders signings while at United. Berge was absolute left field from a club in Belgium, a league we have links through Van Winkel.

When Wilder left the board where keen on employing a manager from Belgium, they also own a club there.

Even if you don’t believe the story it’s hardly fantasy. Anything anyone shares on here gets shot down so I didn’t expect any different with this. Do clubs sign players? Yes. Did Berge fit into what we needed at the time, no.

Did Brewster fit into what we needed at the time, no?

Why? Look at all Wilders signings while at United. Berge was absolute left field from a club in Belgium, a league we have links through Van Winkel.

When Wilder left the board where keen on employing a manager from Belgium, they also own a club there.

Even if you don’t believe the story it’s hardly fantasy. Anything anyone shares on here gets shot down so I didn’t expect any different with this. Do clubs sign players? Yes. Did Berge fit into what we needed at the time, no.
It's just alleviating wilder of any responsibility for our downfall

Like the cut off is that January transfer window where up until then he had us challenging for the champions league but everything after that was forced on him by the club
I don't buy it ,it's revisionism by people who have it in for the board and even if it were true something would have come out about it by now

It's just alleviating wilder of any responsibility for our downfall

Like the cut off is that January transfer window where up until then he had us challenging for the champions league but everything after that was forced on him by the club
I don't buy it ,it's revisionism by people who have it in for the board and even if it were true something would have come out about it by now
It’s seemingly Wilders version, however you’re right Wilder has slated the board to the same sources (albeit he resisted the temptation to do this in his sky interview). Everything that went right was because of him & everything that went wrong wasn’t.

I love Wilder for what he did, but I can’t stand things like this. It leaves a bad taste for a legacy that should go down as legendary

If I was United I would loan Berge to Newcastle. 1/ they go down and we go up so we have him back. 2/ we go up and have him back anyway 3/ we don’t go up, but he’s playing regularly again so we can command a higher price.
No point at all loaning him out. We’re significantly more likely to go up with him at the club (if he stays fit). Loaning him out only drops his value as he’s six months closer to leaving for free.

Sell him now or keep him and see which division we end up in is my view.

It’s seemingly Wilders version, however you’re right Wilder has slated the board to the same sources (albeit he resisted the temptation to do this in his sky interview). Everything that went right was because of him & everything that went wrong wasn’t.

I love Wilder for what he did, but I can’t stand things like this. It leaves a bad taste for a legacy that should go down as legendary
He did this after every defeat as well. It was always players not performing or something, rather than the times he got tactically outclassed and waited 80 minutes to make a sub.

He did this after every defeat as well. It was always players not performing or something, rather than the times he got tactically outclassed and waited 80 minutes to make a sub.
The bubble will burst again at M’boro, the problem this time is he doesn’t have his own fans behind him when it goes wrong.

Keep hearing that Newcastle are after Berge and have offered 1/ midfielder Jeff Hendrick,
2/ goalkeeper Freddie Woodman, 3/ and striker Dwight Gayle would take any of them.

Personally I would be interested in the first two but Gayle has I think turned us down before so at best a loan

Is there anyone else we should consider, is there a championship level c/half we could get?
This isn't going to happen

If it did happen and we could get say £10-15 million plus Woodman that would be a decent deal. I noticed Woodman seems to be surplus to their plans and it would be a good loan signing anyway, regardless of any deal.

If the richest club in the world are trying to wheel and deal, then it's no surprise they're getting relegated, ffs, grow a pair like abramovich, or we can tell you how it all ends..

No point at all loaning him out. We’re significantly more likely to go up with him at the club (if he stays fit). Loaning him out only drops his value as he’s six months closer to leaving for free.

Sell him now or keep him and see which division we end up in is my view.

I want him sold, he's a luxury player that does a few cameos, if he was seen in the KFC or having a kick about in Sunday league he'd get pelters like mousse, but he doesn't, despite being a luxury player just like mouse...

Sell him, get a good price but sell him none the less..

Would take Malcolm Macdonald or Pop Robson in exchange. Or perhaps get John Tudor back. 'Cos even at their age, they'll be faster than that Viking lump.....

Berge may have been signed by others in the management team but it's telling that Wilder put him straight in the team when he arrived. The rest of the European arrivals - Verrips, Retsos, Zivkovic - were shunned despite having decent pedigree.

Back on topic - the board made it clear in the summer that Berge would only leave if his release clause was met. Of the players in wadblade 's post we should only be interested in Woodman and even then he's worth a maximum of £10m. £25m plus Woodman please.

All this garbage about Berge not being a Wilder signing. I remember the 'behind the scenes with the blades' video when Berge signed. We had Alan Knill talking about how he he had gone to Copenhagen (or somewhere similar) to watch Berge when he was playing for Norway 6 months prior to signing. So Wilder's trusted lieutenant was in on it early days.

And all the children on this thread saying we should sell Berge for 25p or swap him for a Newcastle reserve goalie. Grow up and put your personal dislike of Berge aside. Look at the Ramsdale deal, that is the price range for European international players who have the skillset/abilities to play in the top leagues. We are not owned by McCabe anymore and shouldnt be underselling our prize playing assets for the first offer.

All this garbage about Berge not being a Wilder signing. I remember the 'behind the scenes with the blades' video when Berge signed. We had Alan Knill talking about how he he had gone to Copenhagen (or somewhere similar) to watch Berge when he was playing for Norway 6 months prior to signing. So Wilder's trusted lieutenant was in on it early days.

And all the children on this thread saying we should sell Berge for 25p or swap him for a Newcastle reserve goalie. Grow up and put your personal dislike of Berge aside. Look at the Ramsdale deal, that is the price range for European international players who have the skillset/abilities to play in the top leagues. We are not owned by McCabe anymore and shouldnt be underselling our prize playing assets for the first offer.
OK, I'll grow up as you say. So then, by the same token, let's not settle for any less than £30m each for Mcburnie (Scottish International - similar standard to Norway, similar number of international appearances) and Brewster (England Under 21 international, and er.... that's it). Both are as crap as Berge. Both cost a similar amount.
Fuckin' 'ell, we'll soon be rolling in cash!

We‘re in for a deal for money not players….otherwise it’s not going to happen
How do you know what our board/manager want?

Depends entirely on his valuation, and in this case whether Newcastle are daft of canny.

It's a news item that appears to have appeared out of the blue, and I guess that with new owners who are reportedly worth phenomenal amounts they'll be associated with just about anyone who might be available. If we compare this to the case of Pep and Man City, at the time Pep was coming to the end of his contract with Bayern and City were clearly in a position to offer him a contract that would tempt even the world's most highly rated manager/trainer. Call the Man City/Pep situation serendipity, but Newcastle might be biding their time to secure someone who has a slightly higher profile than Howe?

The bubble will burst again at M’boro, the problem this time is he doesn’t have his own fans behind him when it goes wrong.

Wilder built up a lot of credit with us as fans over 4 years plus a bit more for being a Blade before things went wrong. Boro fans from what I have seen turn quite quickly on their managers if things are not going to plan.

Perhaps theres a better way to put it... rather than to say that Berge wasn't a Wilder signing, he was clearly a talent, a talent watched by many clubs and one that will no doubt develop and increase in value. However, what i heard from a reliable source was that he wasn't the priority signing that Wilder wanted at that time.

I think Berge was a contradiction to the battle between the management and ownership. Probably identified by JVW but liked by CW and his team. Maybe the owners didn’t make it obvious he was a United World find and as a result Wilder didn’t have reason to throw his toys out of his pram. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Perhaps theres a better way to put it... rather than to say that Berge wasn't a Wilder signing, he was clearly a talent, a talent watched by many clubs and one that will no doubt develop and increase in value. However, what i heard from a reliable source was that he wasn't the priority signing that Wilder wanted at that time.
He hasnt exactly set the world on fire, infact, hes not really shown what all the hype was about.....
Wilders best signing, was Henderson on Loan.........
So far, Heckys best signing, MGW on loan.....
Wouldnt it be great to actually keep hold of a really good loan signing...

I dont really have a preference with Berge though, stay or go, dont think it makes much difference to us?, I'd like to take the money and throw it at Wolves for MGW however.
As for the Newcastle link...., if they bid enough he goes, but a player or 2 in return wouldnt hurt, Woodman is better than Verrips, so that's an option, and get rid of Verrips.
Longstaff is another, if Berge goes there, he would be further down the order, and hes young enough to fit Heckys ideal?
I just hope that the best for the club is achieved.

Of course he did because the club were signing him. Wilder was happy because he also thought we were signing a great player after watching him but wanted a box to box midfielder too. Is he a Wilder signing? Absolutely not

I’m happy for people to think the story is BS most people do when you put something on here but this story is from someone linked to Wilder. I feel comfortable sharing it because Wilders gone but I won’t go naming names. Maybe Wilder is talking BS which would probably be more likely as he absolutely despises our owners and clearly doesn’t take any blame for what happened to us in the end
I agree, he was presented to the club by VW as we don’t have a European scouting network, however Wilder did agree with the signing and Berge was brought in as Norwoods long term replacement.
I think he’s only had one game in that position so hardly a fair crack of the whip.
I do think there’s a very good player in there, but probably not with us.
The problem with 3 of our major signings is that they don’t suit our system, I don’t know if it’s wishful thinking or arrogance that made the management team think they could make all 3 adjust their game successfully, but the odds were against it.
Personally I’ve no issue with VW or anybody else suggesting players and don’t understand why anyone would have a problem.
The more options the better, and there’s much better value to be had with foreign players so it’s bad management to disregard them just because you didn’t find them yourself.
Recruitment is everything in football- as we have painfully found out!

A player's value (or anything for that matter) is as much as someone is willing or, in our case, daft enough to pay. Same can be said for Brewster and McBurnie who both cost a fortune and have scored 11 goals between them in 120+ appearances.

If all three left tomorrow, there wouldn't be too many tears shed other than from whoever runs the accounts at the club seeing the net loss against them because unless we get promoted with these three as key players, we sure as hell aren't recouping what we spent.

He hasnt exactly set the world on fire, infact, hes not really shown what all the hype was about.....
Wilders best signing, was Henderson on Loan.........
So far, Heckys best signing, MGW on loan.....
Wouldnt it be great to actually keep hold of a really good loan signing...

I dont really have a preference with Berge though, stay or go, dont think it makes much difference to us?, I'd like to take the money and throw it at Wolves for MGW however.
As for the Newcastle link...., if they bid enough he goes, but a player or 2 in return wouldnt hurt, Woodman is better than Verrips, so that's an option, and get rid of Verrips.
Longstaff is another, if Berge goes there, he would be further down the order, and hes young enough to fit Heckys ideal?
I just hope that the best for the club is achieved.
Hecky didnt sign MGW

Back
Top Bottom