Match Thread Unofficial Match Thread: Cardiff City v. Sheffield United - 4th December 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

CARD
CARD
CARD

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed

He can score a hat trick of tap ins his all round play is abysmal has been for a while and he only scores when its a 2 yard tap in

A scarecrow would have scored that which is also what he is like to play against for most defenders in the league
Muppet 😂😂😂😂😂

We just cant cope with high balls into the box, everytime there's a corner, long throw or a cross I'm thinking this is a goal, 3 centre halves and they all look hopeless in the air, having said that foderingham looks very good at the moment

He can score a hat trick of tap ins his all round play is abysmal has been for a while and he only scores when its a 2 yard tap in

A scarecrow would have scored that which is also what he is like to play against for most defenders in the league
Top goalscorer in the English football league this century, but sure. He's shit hahahahaha. You're advocating a guy who's as much use as a holepunched condom in MCB. It's quite obvious your opinion on footballs garbage when you spout that kinda poo poo.

Recommend NordVPN. Almost no technological knowledge required. Works perfectly. Once set up, turn it on, set it somewhere on the near continent, which makes the video server think you are outside the UK. Then give the club your tenner. Works every match for me. Use ‘bladespod’ discount code to send the lads some small consideration.

Or indeed our link: https://go.nordvpn.net/SH3SP

Missed first 10 minutes, but overall much more of want we want to see. There long throws into the box and their big lads a danger right to last minute. Great game.

Bit of a struggle in the end but a very good 3 points against a team on good form.

Terrible finishing first half from the 4 or 5 clear chances we created but we looked really poor at the back. We were completely unable to cope with their long throws and did little better on corners or free kicks. Dreadful marking. The sending off changed the game, but we were better second half but by no means great. Some schoolboiy game management at the end.

Foderingham - 7 - Made a couple of sharp reaction saves but looked a little uncomfortable with the crosses coming in (he at least tried to get to them though). Not helped by the fairly awful defending in front of him.
Stevens - 5 - Mixed, to say the least. He was involved a lot going forward but not good enough defensively. Drifted inside and created space for us but so restricted by that one foot.
Davies - 6 - He struggled first half and was getting some rough treatment from Collins but I though he was our best CB overall. Made a number of important challenges. Although it looked like he scored their second.
Egan - 4.5 - Shocking first half. Almost scored an own goal and misjudged a header by about 15 metres. Slow to react and struggles in the air. Got a bit better but had little to do until we took the lead second half. Just looks too casual and slow to react.
Basham - 5 - Did well going forward but poor defensively and largely responsible for their second. Gave it away and then got beaten far too easy. Gave the ball away a few times going forward.
Bogle - 6.5 - Makes some bad decisions and got caught offside too often but possibly our best defender today. Involved in our attack and did ok defensively. Needs to get closer to his man though.
Hourihane - 5.5- Missed a couple of good chances (fine with him going for goal at the end as he did it in a way where keeper had to save). Moved the ball around well but did look a bit slow and ponderous at times. Noticeably going past the strikers at times and he's better further forward
Norwood - 6 - Got caught for their first and I think playing their player on. Didn't close down quickly enough. Once again, looks a much better player with times and played some brilliant balls but also sometimes sloppy. Bit better defensively overall. Seem to be stretching himself more under the new manager.
Gibbs-White - 8 - Not everything came off by a long shot and some bad decision making but he was the difference between the teams today. Involved with everything good going forwards.
McGoldrick - 6 - Mixed. Once again pretty bad in front of goal, but glad he got one in the end. Did a lot of running and always made himself available, but felt a bit of a struggle at times. Lacking pace.
Sharp - 5.5 - Scored but some shocking finishing, especially first half. Kept going though and made some really good runs including the one which drew the red card and changed the game.

Subs

McBurnie - 5 - Never looks determined to me. Kind of goes into the right places but doesn't fight to get there first or hold onto a ball.
Osborn - Not really on long enough to score but did a couple of smart things which helped us retain the ball

Heck - 7 - Get a point for not making a substitute early second half when I, and I presume everyone else, thought he should. Takes guts not to change things at times. It was a strange game though. I thought we were poor first half. Lacked energy. we had 5 or 6 times when we created great chances but outside of that it was hit and hope really. lots of high balls going forward we were never going to win. Second half was better and then the red card changed the game. I thought the decision not to take a defender off was clever given their aerial dominance.

Cardiff . Dirty bastards and you can see what their plan is. They had a few really quality moves though and were very dangerous from set-pieces.

Fucking useless, not won a single header, needed a big centre half for a year and still nothing, back to same old shit.

Wes has kept us in it, we are so poor in the air it’s embarrassing, teams know exactly what to do to beat us, just get bullied all game.

Should fine every single one of those players for that goal, disgusted.

That hourihane cross made me throw up

What the actual fuck are they doing!
Bet you feel a reyt prick now. Seem to have stopped posting?

imagine if we got result our pressure deserved instead of seeing daylight Robbery v huddersfield, Preston or Blackpool we up in 6th or even 3rd if
You’re spot on SB90, I think most fellow blades had squeaky bums when their 2nd one went in near the end, never a dull moment following dem blades is there, but sounds like a great 2nd half performance today overall, and maybe, just maybe, we’re on a roll and at the start of something really good again with Hecky, Macca and Jack leading the good fight…🤞🏻👍🏻👊🏻

Bit too exciting at the end, but a good result.

Still work to be done, got some clean sheets of late but if you've got a couple of big lads we're soft as shit.

Norwood has improved a lot under Heckingbottom but I still think our midfield needs work. I'm hoping Berge might come in more now and show what he's about.

Surprised he put McBurnie on after the reaction to him warming up, I think all that did was benefit Cardiff. Bit of a misjudgement for me, I'd have stuck Moose on to stretch them but we got the result and that's all that matters really.

Definitely improved overall, hopefully more to come as they have time with the players.

We are definitely seeing a response from these players. To be honest, I'd go back to just before PH took charge. The players showed a great spirit to see the game out at Reading after what happened. That took some courage. Perhaps that could yet turn out to be our turning point, who knows.

It's undeniable we still have problems at the back - set pieces and aerial balls are our Achilles heel. I also feel we still need a ball winning midfielder, and more of a presence in the middle of the pitch. Offensively, since PH took over, the energy levels have gone up a couple of gears. Not as much faffing about at the back, more urgency about the play. MGW is our playmaker, let's hope we can keep him for the season.

Still work to be done, got some clean sheets of late but if you've got a couple of big lads we're soft as shit.

Norwood has improved a lot under Heckingbottom but I still think our midfield needs work. I'm hoping Berge might come in more now and show what he's about.

Surprised he put McBurnie on after the reaction to him warming up, I think all that did was benefit Cardiff. Bit of a misjudgement for me, I'd have stuck Moose on to stretch them but we got the result and that's all that matters really.

Definitely improved overall, hopefully more to come as they have time with the players.
I think he was just a big man to help against their last ditch push, while offering an outlet too.

I think he did it for his height defending set pieces.

Back
Top Bottom