MANAGER SACKED

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'd never even given sacking him a thought, but when I heard the news it didn't bother me, and part of me was even glad. That tells me how little I've enjoyed his tenure.

Where do we go from here though? There is a candidate head and shoulders above everyone else. His record, his attachment to the club, his philosophy of a long term plan. The problem is we just sacked him and he's just taken another job. I've got no idea who we'll end up with but something tells me the Prince likes a big name so I could see a Terry, Lampard, Rooney type.

You can’t even begin to comprehend how underwhelmed I’ll be at Heckingbottom getting the gig. Nice fella and did a decent job to steady the ship but it absolutely reeks of short-termism.

At least he already knows about the hole in the training ground roof I guess.

Embarrassing.

Couldn’t see what was smacking us in the face 12 months ago and ultimately pushed out the only manager capable and interested enough to do what was needed to get a lower champ funded side promoted.

The clowns in charge proving once again that owners of football clubs know fuck all about running a football club, quite why any blade thought ours would be any different to all the other owners who interfere in matters they shouldn’t god knows.

regardless of whether they agreed with signings it’s now clear they didn’t know any better, not just United but in other areas of their “United World” and should have left running the club to the then manager.

Wonder how he will spin this fuck up to blame someone else!? Slav should have just throat punched the twat on leaving and done us all a favour. The “Prince” is finished here for me, just a matter of time now before the next level- Demonstrations against the board, relegation and financial problems.
Neecastle might have hated him but I’d take Mike Ashley over this fraud any day

He’s going a bit over the top with it this Blad fella but…

There has been a definite change in @YorkBlade’s posts since the Prince interview etc. A lot of “I know more than you” stuff. Doesn’t come across well in my opinion. His first post on this thread for example - tells us nothing we don’t already know but makes sure we all know he knew first.
Exactly. He will keep noshing the Prince off and his clique on here will in turn keep noshing him off.

He’s going a bit over the top with it this Blad fella but…

There has been a definite change in @YorkBlade’s posts since the Prince interview etc. A lot of “I know more than you” stuff. Doesn’t come across well in my opinion. His first post on this thread for example - tells us nothing we don’t already know but makes sure we all know he knew first.
TBH that's probably true and I need to stop that, that's not how I want to come across but I'll hold my hands up and take that one.

Even taking into account the language issues the man speaks in riddles, he's never once inspired Bert and Bert suspects that it's the same for the players.

It won't be a dressing room revolt but the players will have been consulted.
According to the Stur (hear me out! haha) the players were "stunned" upon hearing of his dismissal this morning before training. Please don't hate, just relaying :D I for one don't believe it as I think communication could have been a barrier. You need to connect to your manager, I doubt that was happening.

On a more serious note I do think these players need to look at themselves. Their performances have put two managers under pressure over the past 12 months, who ultimately have either walked or been sacked. It's not about the manager for me. I'm in the camp we should have kept Slav in for the season. Chopping and changing never gets you anywhere long term.

We all hear stuff probably BS but something that sticks in my mind is Bettis saying Slav has allowed the recruitment team to deal with transfers and he’s not used to getting involved, Bettis said the club want him to be involved though. That worried me, I know it’s probably a modern method but surely a manager has a plan & players in mind to gain success
It's one extreme to the other where Wilder wants to sign people who he wants to go out on the piss with then you've got Slav who trusts our recruitment team (!) to bring him what he needs.

In a typical environment you'd go to a recruiter, tell them that you're looking for a person to do a job, ideally need certain skills, attributes, levels of experience then they'll come back with some options but at the end of it all, the hiring manager i.e. Slav, will have the final say as the bloke who works with them on a daily basis. It's not some packing plant where random agency workers get dropped off to put cardboard sleeves on boxes all day and it doesn't matter who you get, otherwise any one of us could be out there lacing the boots up ready for Bristol City on Saturday (or even on Sunday!).

Last edited:

Got a squad full of good players. Yes they’re out of form but remember these players form of 12-18 months ago. Baldock, Egan, Bash, Fleck, Norwood, Berge (not shown it yet), MGW, McBurnie (for Swansea), McGoldrick, Brewster (Swansea), NDiaye, Davies. I’m sorry but that squad should not be bottom half of the championship. People love to make Wilder out to be the fall guy but these players need waking up. When motivated they were all great players.

I’m not too bothered about Slav going, for me the fit just isn’t there, whether that’s down to him or us as fans. I’ve not listened to 1 interview since his arrival and haven’t been impressed in the slightest in any of our performances apart from Peterborough. Rather get a new manager now who HOPEFULLY gets some funds for January. If that’s the reason the Prince has sacked him then fair play.

They’ve certainly been revolting to watch as a set of players for the best part of two years now.

We should be sacking the players, and Bettis.

Prince Abdullah in midfield would be better than what we've had this season.

These players have made a manager who loves us leave because they were so past saving. There's no floor for most of these wasters. They could take us all the way to the Vanarama if they don't shift out soon.

Back
Top Bottom