CONFIRMED Femi Seriki signs new contract and joins Rotherham United on loan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Too early to say anything. Only played 5 minutes in the game at Charleroi before the international break in a team reduced to 10. Our first game after the international break is only on Monday. Being in the position we are now I think the manager will first look to the experienced players to solve the crisis and maybe via subs give the young players playing time depending on how the game plan is going.

If that ends up being the case i can see him being recalled in January if he isn’t getting decent, regular game time.

Too early to say anything. Only played 5 minutes in the game at Charleroi before the international break in a team reduced to 10. Our first game after the international break is only on Monday. Being in the position we are now I think the manager will first look to the experienced players to solve the crisis and maybe via subs give the young players playing time depending on how the game plan is going.
We went the other way and it paid of yesterday. The youth of Ndiaye and Gibbs-white Instead of experience payed of massively

We went the other way and it paid of yesterday. The youth of Ndiaye and Gibbs-white Instead of experience payed of massively
Depends on the manager and performances in training I guess. From the last training sessions it does not look like he will be starting on Monday. He will need to make an impact from the bench as a first step I think or an injury or suspension from the guy in his position could also change things.

We are experiencing the United 20-21 season all over again. A horror show from start to finish. I guess the manager will get the sack the coming days but the overall quality of the squad is far too low. And that’s down to the recruitment. I don’t think you will do Seriki any favors playing in this excuse of a team.

We are experiencing the United 20-21 season all over again. A horror show from start to finish. I guess the manager will get the sack the coming days but the overall quality of the squad is far too low. And that’s down to the recruitment. I don’t think you will do Seriki any favors playing in this excuse of a team.
Feel sorry for you mate... unless things change quickly relegation seems very likely.

Talking about recuitment, who are the supporters upset at? The owner, Van Winkle? The manager?

Hope things improve for you soon

Feel sorry for you mate... unless things change quickly relegation seems very likely.

Talking about recuitment, who are the supporters upset at? The owner, Van Winkle? The manager?

Hope things improve for you soon
Van winckel is the one responsible for our mess. The players he recruited this summer are either not fit or hardly good enough for third division. I hope you keep him far away from any technical decisions and give Slav all powers. I hope you have better fortunes this season otherwise some serious questions need to be asked about United world if you destroy each club in the group.

If I was one of the young lads I’d be wary of making this move as Broadbent did and he got no game time at all really.
Seriki very promising young player and I was worried about him making this move. It’s a big concern really that Beerschot seem to be utilising their partnership with us to use our youngsters as cheap squad fillers.

Any idea who’s likely to come in?
No, our head of youth development who has a very long experience in the club is taking over ad interim until they find a new manager. Maes was sacked because his methods were too old fashioned they say so I guess it will be a more modern young manager they are looking for, like the one they sacked in the summer… that will be 5 managers in 2 years time now…

No, our head of youth development who has a very long experience in the club is taking over ad interim until they find a new manager. Maes was sacked because his methods were too old fashioned they say so I guess it will be a more modern young manager they are looking for, like the one they sacked in the summer… that will be 5 managers in 2 years time now…
Plot twist, Alexander blessin comes in

I feel for you Purple Rain. I hope you get a new manager in quickly and your fortunes improve. That first win is crucial and I hope it arrives before the team's confidence completely evaporates. Come on Beerschot!

Plot twist, Alexander blessin comes in
Would be a fantastic signing but can’t believe he would leave Oostende for us at the moment. He will get better offerings next summer. Hope they find a similar type of manager.
I feel for you Purple Rain. I hope you get a new manager in quickly and your fortunes improve. That first win is crucial and I hope it arrives before the team's confidence completely evaporates. Come on Beerschot!
Thanks, really appreciate that. And similar for United, fortunes have to improve. We both have been on the losing side long enough. The prince has two clubs which in their region have a big fan base and high potential. He needs to do better then what is happening the last year.

Theres a bloke called Wilder over here, hes been out of work for a few months, decent manager, few promotions on his cv????.......

Bernd Storck would be the leading candidate. Experienced German manager who has helped 2 clubs escape relegation in Belgium recently from a hopeless situation. A bit of an expert in relegation fights but also a very demanding manager asking a lot of guarantees from the board and leaving if he is not backed 100%. Could be interesting that…

Bernd Storck would be the leading candidate. Experienced German manager who has helped 2 clubs escape relegation in Belgium recently from a hopeless situation. A bit of an expert in relegation fights but also a very demanding manager asking a lot of guarantees from the board and leaving if he is not backed 100%. Could be interesting that…
Sounds like the German Sam Allardyce

Didn’t make it off the bench again 😐 a 3-1 defeat against Blessin’s Oostende.

Even Shankland not used from the bench.

It goes from bad to worse. Interim trainer used the old guys again and failed miserably. He already resigned after the game so we are probably the only team in professional football without a manager, not even a caretaker manager. All the assistant coaches refused to take the role of interim manager. We’re in a complete and embarrassing mess. United world is one big joke from what we are seeing. They could not decently manage a pub team.

Seriki very promising young player and I was worried about him making this move. It’s a big concern really that Beerschot seem to be utilising their partnership with us to use our youngsters as cheap squad fillers.
A year in a different country will benefit them, even if they don’t play much. They have plenty of time to develop after this year.

It goes from bad to worse. Interim trainer used the old guys again and failed miserably. He already resigned after the game so we are probably the only team in professional football without a manager, not even a caretaker manager. All the assistant coaches refused to take the role of interim manager. We’re in a complete and embarrassing mess. United world is one big joke from what we are seeing. They could not decently manage a pub team.
Do Beerschot have a Chief Executive or are decisions just made by "United World"?

Do Beerschot have a Chief Executive or are decisions just made by "United World"?
Van winckel is responsible for all footballing decisions. Our 25% local owner is a construction firm and their people are responsible for the stadium and operational issues and prince would deliver the footballing know how through United world. I think they feel a bit let down on the prince’s part of the cooperation.

Van winckel is responsible for all footballing decisions. Our 25% local owner is a construction firm and their people are responsible for the stadium and operational issues and prince would deliver the footballing know how through United world. I think they feel a bit let down on the prince’s part of the cooperation.
Feels like the partnership might be shortlived?

Feels like the partnership might be shortlived?
Hopefully, something needs to change rather quickly. A lot of money has been wasted and the situation is hopeless. It won’t be all nice chit chat in the board at the moment. Van winckel had to do a runner last home game because fans were targeting him and this won’t improve. Everything turned sour really quickly since November 2020.

Back
Top Bottom