Mcburnie has to start

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Our fans fighting over which of our non firing strikers are better.

McBurnie would obviously benefit from a run in the team but realistically he can’t be ahead of Billy on current form…..

McBurnie might be more likely to win a header on the edge of the box than Billy Sharp, but he is far less likely to head the ball into the goal. The areas he wins his headers in, has far less impact on the game. Few headed goals are scored from more than 6 yards out. McB's positional play is quite good, he gets chances, but he does not know where the goal is, so when he is receiving the ball with his back to goal, he often strikes the ball cleanly, but its a lottery if he is on target. Its the same with his link up play, he seems much better when play is in front of him. All of which, despite his physical attributes, undermine him as a hold up player, who can link play, while Billy has demonstrated all those attributes so far this season.

If someone could tell me what McBurnie is actually good at from a centre forward perspective I’d be interested to find out.

He’s not a target man, not quick, not skilful, can’t strike a ball correctly, doesn’t have good movement, doesn’t draw fouls. These are a lot of fundamentals of being a forward that he isn’t good at 🤷‍♂️
Heading it onto his own shoulder, I've never seen anyone better at any level

Man can talk to mate before or after game.

It's a demonstration of his attachment to his club and his game. The twerp should have be studying the game very closely in case he came on.

So any sub who speaks to a fellow substitute of the opposition should be sold

Get that FAX machine fired up

For me McBurnie should have come on last night for the last 25/30 mins. Sharp for all his hard work was getting nothing from their CBs.

Whether he should start over Sharp is a totally different question.

I do think that as the season goes on, all our strikers will be rotated and all have a say in our rise up the table. It's not silly to suggest Brewster, Sharp and McBurnie can all score 10 each
Out of interest would you have not brought on Brewster?

It would be different if he had started every game so far but he hasnt so slating him is meaningless. Proven goalscorer at this level so we simply have to give him a run of games now we're in the championship

Can’t believe this thread has got so many replies.
In the words of Catherine Tate ‘What a load of old shite’

Can’t believe this thread has got so many replies.
In the words of Catherine Tate ‘What a load of old shite’
But you replied too! Clowns, Blades sorting out our front line so Slav doesn't have to - what's not to like?!

How many forwards have we got? As the season got under way, many fans bemoaned the imbalance of player numbers in defence, midfield and attack.
Surely we can now have the luxury of picking from a good sized pool of attacking players with different skill sets?
Even Burke was praised for his contribution last night!
Billy can obviously still do it at this level, but not all by himself. Slav can pick 3 attacking players from the attacking midfield and strikers on our books. He has the luxury of choosing which player might cause most problems against any opposition, because he understands that other sides have different strengths, styles and weaknesses. He can pick from our strikers and midfield attacking players, any who might take advantage in his opinion.
I have no preference but I think McBurnie was a victim of Wilders intention to stifle the opposition. As a result, he spent as much time on defensive duties, set pieces and pressing when we were not in possession, than he did as an out and out forward.
If McBurnie is picked in a side with RND, Bogle and Robinson in it, guess where he will spend most of his time?
The selections are up to Slav. So far he seems to be making a pretty good fist of it, with better to come. Let Slav manage the team. Too many fans convinced they know better.

Who is next weeks whipping boy? Berge, Norwood, Fleck, McBurnie …… oh wait :)

Mcburnie played well got no protection from the referee, got clattered every time he challenged in the air yet kept coming back for more.
Yes he took a terrible penalty but his reaction portrayed someone with zero confidence.
he like Brewster has done it at this level and will do it again especially now we are creating

How many forwards have we got? As the season got under way, many fans bemoaned the imbalance of player numbers in defence, midfield and attack.
Surely we can now have the luxury of picking from a good sized pool of attacking players with different skill sets?
Even Burke was praised for his contribution last night!
Billy can obviously still do it at this level, but not all by himself. Slav can pick 3 attacking players from the attacking midfield and strikers on our books. He has the luxury of choosing which player might cause most problems against any opposition, because he understands that other sides have different strengths, styles and weaknesses. He can pick from our strikers and midfield attacking players, any who might take advantage in his opinion.
I have no preference but I think McBurnie was a victim of Wilders intention to stifle the opposition. As a result, he spent as much time on defensive duties, set pieces and pressing when we were not in possession, than he did as an out and out forward.
If McBurnie is picked in a side with RND, Bogle and Robinson in it, guess where he will spend most of his time?
The selections are up to Slav. So far he seems to be making a pretty good fist of it, with better to come. Let Slav manage the team. Too many fans convinced they know better.

Who is next weeks whipping boy? Berge, Norwood, Fleck, McBurnie …… oh wait :)

I’d probably say we have 3 out and out strikers Mcburnie/Sharp/Brewster then a few players who can play across a front 3 Brewster/Burke/Didz

Back
Top Bottom