Van Winckel

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Your response to the question, 'Why then, with Wilder gone, have we not seen a single body through the door via the resources PA spoke about and tried using against CW following his departure?' was that we don't have millions to spend anymore.

You don't need millions to bring in players. Scouting networks are supposed to find players within a certain budget, so not having as much money to spend isn't a good enough excuse.

Your response to the question, 'Why then, with Wilder gone, have we not seen a single body through the door via the resources PA spoke about and tried using against CW following his departure?' was that we don't have millions to spend anymore.

You don't need millions to bring in players. Scouting networks are supposed to find players within a certain budget, so not having as much money to spend isn't a good enough excuse.

Any signing we make at this level, over the course of the contract will cost millions.

Of course we could look at a cheaper market.... but will they be any improvement on our u23s?

Depends how much budget you’ve got, how many players you have on big, long term contracts with no resale fee. We have a bloated squad full of shit we can’t shift.

Any signing we make at this level, over the course of the contract will cost millions.

Of course we could look at a cheaper market.... but will they be any improvement on our u23s?
Over the course of the contract of course, but not in the initial transfer fee. We have just sold our keeper for £24 million, so I expect us to be able to spend a couple on bodies to fit a new system. If not, why bring in a manger that wants to play 4-3-3 and promise him multiple signings?

Most of the under 23s, as is the case at any club, will be lucky to make careers as pro footballers. So yeah, signing a winger from league one is likely to be an improvement on our academy lads.

Over the course of the contract of course, but not in the initial transfer fee. We have just sold our keeper for £24 million, so I expect us to be able to spend a couple on bodies to fit a new system. If not, why bring in a manger that wants to play 4-3-3 and promise him multiple signings?

Most of the under 23s, as is the case at any club, will be lucky to make careers as pro footballers. So yeah, signing a winger from league one is likely to be an improvement on our academy lads.
I agree with bringing in Slav under false pretences. I've kinda backed the prince most of the time during his tenure, but the noises coming from the manager isn't painting him in a good light at the moment.

Also we have just beaten Derby whilst playing 5 under 23s.

Depends how much budget you’ve got, how many players you have on big, long term contracts with no resale fee. We have a bloated squad full of shit we can’t shift.
We are bloated in some areas (LB, ST) but desperately light in others (CM, RW, LW).

We've got no chance selling most of our strikers for a decent fee, but we don't need 7 if we are playing one up top. We should have loaned a few out to free up space in the squad. Even if we end up paying half of their wages at another club, it's better than nothing.

I agree with bringing in Slav under false pretences. I've kinda backed the prince most of the time during his tenure, but the noises coming from the manager isn't painting him in a good light at the moment.

Derby were playing a a fair few n'all, but fair point. Lopata, Ndiaye and Brunt all look promising.

We are bloated in some areas (LB, ST) but desperately light in others (CM, RW, LW).

We've got no chance selling most of our strikers for a decent fee, but we don't need 7 if we are playing one up top. We should have loaned a few out to free up space in the squad. Even if we end up paying half of their wages at another club, it's better than nothing
The problem with loans is the same as transfers, the demand for nearly all our strikers (except Jebbison) appears to be an odd rumour regarding Mcburnie to Wolves and Burke to Boro, its bordering on unbelievable that a top 10 Championship club would be interested in any of them, possible exception being Billy.
So which teams in what division would see Mousse as an improvement or Mcgoldrick? And which one of those teams is in a position to offer the same wages, and then if that's not narrowed it down enough, why would Mcgoldrick, Mousse or anyone else accept the deal?

The problem with loans is the same as transfers, the demand for nearly all our strikers (except Jebbison) appears to be an odd rumour regarding Mcburnie to Wolves and Burke to Boro, its bordering on unbelievable that a top 10 Championship club would be interested in any of them, possible exception being Billy.
So which teams in what division would see Mousse as an improvement or Mcgoldrick? And which one of those teams is in a position to offer the same wages, and then if that's not narrowed it down enough, why would Mcgoldrick, Mousse or anyone else accept the deal?
We won't get interest for players like McBurnie from Championship clubs if we don't let them know he's available for loan.

McGoldrick scored 9 goals in the prem last season, I'm sure most Championship clubs would take him on loan.

If you are loaned out, your wage doesn't decrease. We could loan McBurnie to Birmingham for example. They would definitely take him, then you haggle on what percentage of his wages they have to pay. Even if we end up paying half his wages in the deal, we've freed up some money as space in the squad for a winger.

Why promise Slav new signings then, or is Slav making it up, then
If we are skint and have to make do with our present squad ,why appoint Slav, in the first place, and tell him, there is money for new signings.That doesn’t sound very sensible.
I assume you’re looking for a response that isn’t “they probably told a fib or 2”?

And they used 10 under 23s

Do scouting networks only discover players that cost millions of pounds?
The thread has turned in to how much money we have. That has no relevance to the point I was making. I’m not suggesting we spend what we haven’t got. I’m wondering why we can no longer exploit the market which PA used as a stick to beat a departing manager with.

We had millions to spend when in the prem, now we don't.

Pretty simple really.
Are you familiar with the phrase “cut your cloth accordingly”? Or do you genuinely believe that relegation means you literally can not sign anyone?

We won't get interest for players like McBurnie from Championship clubs if we don't let them know he's available for loan.

McGoldrick scored 9 goals in the prem last season, I'm sure most Championship clubs would take him on loan.

If you are loaned out, your wage doesn't decrease. We could loan McBurnie to Birmingham for example. They would definitely take him, then you haggle on what percentage of his wages they have to pay. Even if we end up paying half his wages in the deal, we've freed up some money as space in the squad for a winger.
I actually had a dream last night where he went to Palace.

I still think Van Wanker is at fault for our current predicament, hes incharge of the football side, he's the princes advisor on all football related matters across the group, he made the promises to Slav, and he hides behind the scenes, nothing ever heard from him??
Very very odd.
Why refer to him as Van Wanker? How old are you? Makes you look much more of one than him.

So every Championship club have a worse recruitment team than we do, because they have to be told who is available?

“We don’t see the players we missed on, like the ones suggested by the board for very reasonable value. One of them is having a great season in Germany.”

Prince Abdullah’s words regarding Wilder’s recruitment strategy. He claimed Wilder wouldn’t entertain a plethora of players identified by a team working under the United World umbrella. That team is headed up by Van Winckel.

6 months after Wilder left - we’ve signed 1 player on loan from the English leagues, previously identified by CW’s recruitment team.

Why then, with Wilder gone, have we not seen a single body through the door via the resources PA spoke about and tried using against CW following his departure?

someone will be here shortly to tell you that nobody wants to join us and it’s not the Prince and co’s fault

someone will be here shortly to tell you that nobody wants to join us and it’s not the Prince and co’s fault
Alternatively someone might be along shortly to point out that no one that has contributed to this thread, has had a 25 year career in football, holds a UEAFA pro licence, been assistant manager for one of the biggest clubs in France and Belgium or been hired by a national team.
Odd really as so many appear to know everything about football, the role of people they have never met, and their qualifications and ability to do that role.

Last edited:
So every Championship club have a worse recruitment team than we do, because they have to be told who is available?
Well, yeah.

If a club approach us for one of our players we want to keep, we can charge a much higher fee (Ramsdale).

Nobody is prepared to pay millions for McBurnie, so we would need to say he is available for loan to attract interest.

Well, yeah.

If a club approach us for one of our players we want to keep, we can charge a much higher fee (Ramsdale).

Nobody is prepared to pay millions for McBurnie, so we would need to say he is available for loan to attract interest.
No not really, we didn't tell Arsenal Ramsdale was available, they enquired and put in a bid, nothing stopping any club coming in for any player on loan or buy.
The question remains which clubs are battering on the door to take any of our strikers?

No not really, we didn't tell Arsenal Ramsdale was available, they enquired and put in a bid, nothing stopping any club coming in for any player on loan or buy.
The question remains which clubs are battering on the door to take any of our strikers?
Ramsdale, unlike our strikers, was in demand. Therefore clubs have to pay a big fee to get him. We never made him available, because available players are cheaper.

Nobody is battering on the door to take our strikers for a big fee. Therefore, we have to make them available for a smaller fee, which many clubs would be interested in.

Ramsdale, unlike our strikers, was in demand. Therefore clubs have to pay a big fee to get him. We never made him available, because available players are cheaper.

Nobody is battering on the door to take our strikers for a big fee. Therefore, we have to make them available for a smaller fee, which many clubs would be interested in.
We don't have to email every club to say X, Y or Z are available, once again your dodging the issue, you can't loan pkayers to clubs who don't want them, currently the only teams that look at our strikers with envy, are League 1, no one from the PL or top of the Championship will come in for Mousse, Mcgoldrick or McBurnie, and if Forest or Derby come in and can match their wages, you can't force them to accept the loan deal

Your age explains the comment then and I guess you’re just an early starter with the wanking.
Yep, Hagansbootlaces is teaching me the ins and outs of being a great wanker

Back
Top Bottom