Van Winckel

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ISZA ⚔️

Reaction score
“We don’t see the players we missed on, like the ones suggested by the board for very reasonable value. One of them is having a great season in Germany.”

Prince Abdullah’s words regarding Wilder’s recruitment strategy. He claimed Wilder wouldn’t entertain a plethora of players identified by a team working under the United World umbrella. That team is headed up by Van Winckel.

6 months after Wilder left - we’ve signed 1 player on loan from the English leagues, previously identified by CW’s recruitment team.

Why then, with Wilder gone, have we not seen a single body through the door via the resources PA spoke about and tried using against CW following his departure?

Is it just me who thinks of this each time I see his name mentioned?

No wonder he's scratching his head, can't think of anybody who can possibly be an upgrade on our current Gk and Mid!
download (1).jpeg

“We don’t see the players we missed on, like the ones suggested by the board for very reasonable value. One of them is having a great season in Germany.”

Prince Abdullah’s words regarding Wilder’s recruitment strategy. He claimed Wilder wouldn’t entertain a plethora of players identified by a team working under the United World umbrella. That team is headed up by Van Winckel.

6 months after Wilder left - we’ve signed 1 player on loan from the English leagues, previously identified by CW’s recruitment team.

Why then, with Wilder gone, have we not seen a single body through the door via the resources PA spoke about and tried using against CW following his departure?
Maybe he’s keeping them back for clubs in United World after were offloaded

Because we’ve chased overly ambitious targets. I don’t have any problem with van winkle being the top football guy for United world but I think he’s yet another one wearing too many hats. Currently he’s directly involved on a day to day basis with beerschot whilst also heading up United world. Has he also stepped in to help United this summer? Who knows I’ve not seen anything about it so maybe not but we need our own DOF based here who handles things on a day to day basis. He can report to van winkle if that’s how we want to structure things but we need some competent administration on the football side of things that’s clear.

I still think Van Wanker is at fault for our current predicament, hes incharge of the football side, he's the princes advisor on all football related matters across the group, he made the promises to Slav, and he hides behind the scenes, nothing ever heard from him??
Very very odd.

Do you still believe in Father Chritmas?
I'll have an uneducated stab at it...by my reckoning we're looking at a loss of around £35m for last season and current projection for this season is a further loss of £12m., which is why we're desperately trying to offload deadwood. 19/20 numbers are taken straight from the accounts; other years involve a lot of assumptions but I'm happy with them as a directional view.

View attachment 119754

That is why we haven't spent millions.

What about the 24 mill for Ramsdsle and the parachute money?
Not that simple is it?

True, but to counter that, what payments are still owed on the big money transfers in we made? Berge, Brewster and Ramsdale. How much of the parachute payment has Prince Abdullah used to pay off the mortgage taken out to buy McCabes assets?

We probably still have a wage bill that exceeds our Championship revenue streams (parachute payment excepted)

We don't know yet what the Prince has used the Rammers money and para payment for as yet, but I'm guessing the Prince will ensure he's debt free

So, how much does that leave for player recruitment? I suspect fk all, backed up by multiple loan pursues and over aged free agents, but Tuesday night will tell us what we all demand to know.

It wouldn't be so bad had we hit the floor running, but as we resemble a bag of shite, it's concerning

Got
We had millions to spend when in the prem, now we don't.

Pretty simple really.
We didn't, one of the reasons for Chris falling out with the board is he was told we had to raise 50m before we could sign anybody in the January window. So do not expect any signings of any decency through the door this window

What about the 24 mill for Ramsdsle and the parachute money?
Not that simple is it?

The parachute monies are designed to lessen the impact of PL wages in the championship. It really is that simple.
The Ramsdale money is a different question l agree, but no one outside the senior management at the club has any clue about the budgets or cashflow, no matter how much they pretend otherwise.

I think Van Winkel may have been caught napping on this one

Got

We didn't, one of the reasons for Chris falling out with the board is he was told we had to raise 50m before we could sign anybody in the January window. So do not expect any signings of any decency through the door this window
You seem very much in the know, tell us more.
It’s a pity our owners can’t be as forthcoming.Would have saved a lot of trouble and raised expectations

Got

After £120m went down the pan?

The parachute monies are designed to lessen the impact of PL wages in the championship. It really is that simple.
The Ramsdale money is a different question l agree, but no one outside the senior management at the club has any clue about the budgets or cashflow, no matter how much they pretend otherwise.
The difference between management and financial accountants is laid bare by your response and mine 🤣

You seem very much in the know, tell us more.
It’s a pity our owners can’t be as forthcoming.Would have saved a lot of trouble and raised expectations
Someone with the same reasoning as yourself is “very much in the know” presumably no one who doesn’t agree knows nothing.

Typical slasher. ( as used to be the phrase :) )

Back
Top Bottom