'We'll never get 4 through the door in a week'

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I think at max we will get 2 signings.
Wouldn't surprise me if we got none at all.

As much as people say this is Wilder's team etc. even Wilder would have wanted some new signings to freshen things up.

It's baffling and is it potentially worrying? We've come down from PL parachute payments, spent a fair bit in fee's but had a big income in TV money for 2 seasons.
Can we not sign because of FFP?

I'm pretty sure Wednesday got more than 4 signings done inside a week so it is possible.

I think at max we will get 2 signings.
Wouldn't surprise me if we got none at all.

As much as people say this is Wilder's team etc. even Wilder would have wanted some new signings to freshen things up.

It's baffling and is it potentially worrying? We've come down from PL parachute payments, spent a fair bit in fee's but had a big income in TV money for 2 seasons.
Can we not sign because of FFP?
The big unknown (at least officially) is the impact of the last financial year.
We made a profit of around £17m the previous year, then spent decent money on transfer fees and improved contracts for the existing players last Summer, so potentially spent more than the previous season.
Income will have been affected massively due to Covid and there was a rebate of £20m I believe to Sky so we could easily have lost £30-£40m.
Darren Smith said on Twitter that the Prince has put money in to cover these losses and I think that makes sense taking into account the above.
The other worry is that if we have agreed staged payments over 2 or 3 years for players like Brewster then we will owe more than they are currently worth, so the club has to prepare for that as well.
If more of the signings had worked out it would not be an issue as we could raise the funds we need at the required time through sales.

We made a profit of around £17m the previous year, then spent decent money on transfer fees and improved contracts for the existing players last Summer, so potentially spent more than the previous season.
Income will have been affected massively due to Covid and there was a rebate of £20m I believe to Sky so we could easily have lost £30-£40m.
Darren Smith said on Twitter that the Prince has put money in to cover these losses and I think that makes sense taking into account the above.
The other worry is that if we have agreed staged payments over 2 or 3 years for players like Brewster then we will owe more than they are currently worth, so the club has to prepare for that as well.
If more of the signings had worked out it would not be an issue as we could raise the funds we need at the required time through sales.
We owe more money than Brewter's Millions is worth - he's worth nowt so that's not rocket science !
On his wages , we are stuck with him for good - we'd literally have to pay another club to take him.
Like McDaftie , Mousset , Burkey Boy.
Thanks Chris Wilder.
A man who said he'd never put our future in jeopardy for the sake of a signing !
Christ on a bicycle.
The only player arriving since 2019 on whom we could raise even a portion of his acquistion cost is Berge and he wasn't Wilder's signing.
Talk about how to sabotage a club's future !

We owe more money than Brewter's Millions is worth - he's worth nowt so that's not rocket science !
On his wages , we are stuck with him for good - we'd literally have to pay another club to take him.
Like McDaftie , Mousset , Burkey Boy.
Thanks Chris Wilder.
A man who said he'd never put our future in jeopardy for the sake of a signing !
Christ on a bicycle.
The only player arriving since 2019 on whom we could raise even a portion of his acquistion cost is Berge and he wasn't Wilder's signing.
Talk about how to sabotage a club's future !

Easy with hindsight ain’t it you kin pillock!!
And worth zero?? Yeah right….Clown.

You seem the sort of guy who will hammer someone the minute those payers go elsewhere and are back to their best again….because that’s what will happen.

McB, Brewster will both score plenty in their careers, whether this level or higher.

I'll have an uneducated stab at it...by my reckoning we're looking at a loss of around £35m for last season and current projection for this season is a further loss of £12m., which is why we're desperately trying to offload deadwood. 19/20 numbers are taken straight from the accounts; other years involve a lot of assumptions but I'm happy with them as a directional view.

1629975815189.png

You seem the sort of guy who will hammer someone the minute those payers go elsewhere and are back to their best again….because that’s what will happen.

McB, Brewster will both score plenty in their careers, whether this level or higher.

Yes they will, that says more about United than the players,
If there going to persist for an eternity without creative players, they'd be better off bringing a Billy Tightshirt type of player from League 2 up front, because these two players and any other normal type of centre forward cannot shine in our kind of team.

I'll have an uneducated stab at it...by my reckoning we're looking at a loss of around £35m for last season and current projection for this season is a further loss of £12m., which is why we're desperately trying to offload deadwood. 19/20 numbers are taken straight from the accounts; other years involve a lot of assumptions but I'm happy with them as a directional view.

View attachment 119754
Better to just pretend that the parachute money will be enough and that we can just carry on spending shitloads on players.

No need for personal abuse.
I note you neglect to mention Mousset & Burkey Boy or the success Calum Robinson is having.
Ask yourself what McBurnie or Brewster have actually done for the Blades to repay their £40m fee , to say nothing of their wages.
If you think it represents vfm , I'm glad you're not spending the club's money.
Oh , and tell me a club who's come in for Brewster to take him off our hands on wages which he'd accept.

I can just imagine the meltdown on here if he suddenly gets in 4/5 player's from totally out of left field

I can just imagine the meltdown on here if he suddenly gets in 4/5 player's from totally out of left field
I hope we do but this is Sheffield United. What we want and what we get are two totally different things. 3 at most.

If we ain’t got doe then penniless Prince needs to do one. We need to spend or we spin into championship for another decade.

I’ve said this before when this comes up - if the prince is willing to sell (no evidence he is by the way) who do people suggest is the pet multi-billionaire lining up to buy us?
People can shout for him to go but unless there’s a credible alternative what do you think will happen? Sweet FA.
We really need to be careful what we wish for because actually believe it or not it could actually get worse.
Now if this mystical billionaire who’s a lifelong blade and happy to pump his unlimited cash into the club turns up wanting to buy us bring him or her on, if not we have what we have.

at present 10m each is the max for either of them if that and they wont score goals at a higher level their both not good enough waste of 43m quid

How long do you think we were working on those deals? In Cheds case about 4 years! I think Wilder wanted Enda for a few seasons too.

We’re missing out on targets regularly & aiming for unrealistic names. Our scouting system feels poor at the moment.

I’ll reiterate there’s absolutely no chance we’ll sign 4 never mind 5 in a week
If we sign 4 what forfeit are you willing to do?! 😂

I’ve said this before when this comes up - if the prince is willing to sell (no evidence he is by the way) who do people suggest is the pet multi-billionaire lining up to buy us?
People can shout for him to go but unless there’s a credible alternative what do you think will happen? Sweet FA.
We really need to be careful what we wish for because actually believe it or not it could actually get worse.
Now if this mystical billionaire who’s a lifelong blade and happy to pump his unlimited cash into the club turns up wanting to buy us bring him or her on, if not we have what we have.
Prince has spent more than any previous owner. The whole prem money has gone on players, money which is largely lost because of their current value.
We have digs at the bunch up the road on their deludamol, but there are plenty on here demanding money to be spent from the magic pot.
Luckily they aren't in charge to send the club bust.

With Lowe going out on loan and hopefully Burke as well Rammers going (plus a fee) Lunny gone Bryan released? Ampadu back to Chelsea Tyler going how much are we saving on wages ?

Back
Top Bottom