'We'll never get 4 through the door in a week'

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

How long do you think we were working on those deals? In Cheds case about 4 years! I think Wilder wanted Enda for a few seasons too.

We’re missing out on targets regularly & aiming for unrealistic names. Our scouting system feels poor at the moment.

I’ll reiterate there’s absolutely no chance we’ll sign 4 never mind 5 in a week

A lot of short memories in our fan base -

For clarification we signed Enda for instance on 22nd May 2017, transfer window didn't shut until 1st September that year.

Would loved to have 4 through the door months before the window was due to close.. not the FINAL week of the window ffs

How do we know what work is / has been going on behind the scenes for the last few weeks? |

What official word has come out of the club relating to missed targets?

All internet speculation and reading between the imaginary lines.

We're Blades and there is Hope. Just as it should be. There will be time for mud slinging and desperation next week.

How do we know what work is / has been going on behind the scenes for the last few weeks? |

What official word has come out of the club relating to missed targets?

All internet speculation and reading between the imaginary lines.

We're Blades and there is Hope. Just as it should be. There will be time for mud slinging and desperation next week.
Thought they'd been on holiday for 18 months

Didn't realise it at the time, but this is where the old poster Richard Cadette seemed to have a calming influence on us all. Reading his posts made us understand that things were happening behind the scenes and although some of what he predicted were never 'confirmed', we tended to believe him.
Now we haven't got that source if information it does make us very nervous and agitated approaching this late stage of the transfer window.
Still wish he was around.

Didn't realise it at the time, but this is where the old poster Richard Cadette seemed to have a calming influence on us all. Reading his posts made us understand that things were happening behind the scenes and although some of what he predicted were never 'confirmed', we tended to believe him.
Now we haven't got that source if information it does make us very nervous and agitated approaching this late stage of the transfer window.
Long live the Cadette . Great anticipation waiting for his updates .

If it helps calm the nerves I was in the boardroom last night and was told 5 incoming. Don’t know what stage they are at or who but that was what was said.

Waiting for the comment "We tried, but....wages, so we're going with what we've got!!"

You're right re Cadette but at the same time if I was in that position I'd not post it on a forum and let the whole world know who we're in for or at what stage etc. It's always struck me as attention seeking. Saying all of that I wish we had an update! Only a few days to go though and hopefully we'll all be pleasantly surprised! If not then it's no different to most of the other transfer window's we've had when we needed something late on it's not often arrived, the exception was, ironically, when Norwood came in for Evans and transformed our midfield. Seems a while ago that!

If it helps calm the nerves I was in the boardroom last night and was told 5 incoming. Don’t know what stage they are at or who but that was what was said.
Are you Stephen Bettis, Jacob!?

“Good evening gentlemen, first item on the agenda for today’s board meeting is the 5 signings. As always we won’t discussed who or how much. Next agenda item is the kop bogs are blocked again. Who’s got the club marigolds?”

I’ve opened a can of worms here, too late to retract my post?😂
No you’re wed to it now forever more 😂 in fairness stuff changes in the transfer window all the time it’s all tongue in cheek no ones taking it as gospel you’ll be fine 👍

“Good evening gentlemen, first item on the agenda for today’s board meeting is the 5 signings. As always we won’t discussed who or how much. Next agenda item is the kop bogs are blocked again. Who’s got the club marigolds?”
It’s not the blocked bogs we need to worry about, it’s the blocked beer pumps. Potentially more important than the blocked fax machine.

If you were in the boardroom on club business should you not keep confidential anything that you hear ( unless asked to slip it into to social media)

5 coming in:
  • Guedioura
  • Randolph
  • replacement for Elsie the tea lady
  • Moose's new driver
  • someone to fix the roof
Can we not get Brewster to drive Moose? Free up another spot for say a ball boy?

I'd be surprised if we get 2 more in .... think we need a new recruitment team in ASAP so we have a chance on acquisitions in January window!

Back
Top Bottom