Incoming? Alexander Blessin

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Don't know why.

He's gone to a team who had conceded 49 goals in 20 matches and gained 6 points. Since his arrival they have taken 12 points from 8 matches and only conceded 8 goals with a +2 GD. That's a pretty impressive return.

If we hire a foreign coach I can see him getting games. If Rammers has a strong finish it will be difficult to keep him despite his rocky start.

On his current form he could attract 20-25m. What Champ team turns that down for their keeper?
Stoke did for Butland

Which also makes Wilder's decision to spend 40% of the summer transfer budget on 22 year old Aaron Ramsdale rather than a Ben Foster type even more puzzling...unless the business hope is that Ramsdale will go on to become a £30m target for the top clubs.

Clearly 'The Plan' which Wilder alluded to in the dying days was buying youth that would a) prove less expensive on the wage bill than established stars and b) would rise in value, and therefore are good financial assets (worst case break-even).

We obviously made errors in our recruitment over the summer, but I think 'The Plan' is where Ramsdale fell into.

It does look like it Phil, and given your love of real ale, it looks like the sneaky journo should be heading to the bar for you at the earliest opportunity.:D
As you might imagine, the Carrier Bag Firm rely on a large variety of Cooperative Human Information Sources as we go about our business. Details of obscure games off our radar. Teamsheets. Access Behind Closed Doors (not Covid closed I emphasise). Tips on new trialists. Access to management. Bit of cannon fodder if it comes on top. That sort of thing. Journos. Stewards. Player's Dads. Agents. Those sort of people. It is a perfectly symbiotic & circular reach around relationship. All backs are scratched. No one was "sneaky". And, I can assure you the CBF owe more favours than we are owed. 🤓

Well he speaks better English than wilder
he currently plays 3-5-2 but i am still worried
after evey sucesseful manager we have had, Harris Portefield & Bassett we have always managed to appoint the worse manager possible,
its the blades way

Not sure I get all the Fodders hate. It's a bit like when City buy Scott Carson or Richard Wright. We needed a 3rd choice, English, GK. We're a Premier league outfit now, I don't think we get too much sympathy for having a spotty 16 year old in goal, or could get an emergency loan like lower league clubs can.

It's expensive insurance, but then again, when is insurance ever cheap?
We already had Moore and Verrips as backups with Eastwood on the books as well. It's just a wholly unnecessary waste of limited resources and it strikes me as Wilder refusing to pick Verrips on principle (rightly or wrongly).
Clearly 'The Plan' which Wilder alluded to in the dying days was buying youth that would a) prove less expensive on the wage bill than established stars and b) would rise in value, and therefore are good financial assets (worst case break-even).

We obviously made errors in our recruitment over the summer, but I think 'The Plan' is where Ramsdale fell into.
"The Plan" is the only way we can compete as our ownership doesn't have the resources available to 90% of the other clubs in the division. I get your point, I just wonder whether "The Plan" would have been better served investing £3.5m in an older goalkeeper and £10m into the defence and midfield. Water under the bridge now though.

Would appointing Van Winkel as technical director with Blessin as coach circumvent the new rules?

"Tweet unavailable" now; what did it say?
I called Danny Hall a pathetic cunt for blocking me cuz I didn’t agree with his insinuation that Lingard would
1, even have come to us and
2, he’d have had the same impact with us as he is at WHU

Just finished this 2000 word article. Talk about Wilders legacy. Also breakdown the tactics that Eddie Howe, Jokanovic and Blessin have used. Blessin part is at the bottom for those interested.

We already had Moore and Verrips as backups with Eastwood on the books as well. It's just a wholly unnecessary waste of limited resources and it strikes me as Wilder refusing to pick Verrips on principle (rightly or wrongly).

"The Plan" is the only way we can compete as our ownership doesn't have the resources available to 90% of the other clubs in the division. I get your point, I just wonder whether "The Plan" would have been better served investing £3.5m in an older goalkeeper and £10m into the defence and midfield. Water under the bridge now though.

Moore was injured and Eastwood was out on loan (before getting injured) at the start of the season.
Hence the signing of Wes, who is a pretty terrible keeper. Who we're now stuck with until 2023. I assume Verrips will demand to leave so probably Wes and Aaron will be our two senior keepers.

I actually agree with spending big money on a long-term keeper (in Ramsdale). We can't expect to find someone every season. If Ramsdale does well he's with us for the foreseeable and only leaving with us bagging a profit.

Are. You. Ready?
Still looking for loopholes are you?
Have a bang on this......
There are Governing Body Endorsement criteria for Premier League and EFL Players
Alexander Blessin would not get an endorsement as a player
There are Governing Body Endorsement criteria for Premier League and EFL Managers
(as discussed in this thread) Alexander Blessin does not appear to meet those as a manager
There are Governing Body Endorsement criteria for Premier League and EFL Directors of Football
Alexander Blessin WOULD get an endorsement as a DoF IMMEDIATELY.

We can't give Lexy the managers job, but he's a shoe in for Director of Football

Come at me for Paragraph numbers etc.

I called Danny Hall a pathetic cunt for blocking me cuz I didn’t agree with his insinuation that Lingard would
1, even have come to us and
2, he’d have had the same impact with us as he is at WHU
Disagreeing with Danny's point is fine. Calling him a "pathetic cunt" isn't.

FWIW I completely agree that there was zero chance of Lingard joining us, no matter the noises coming out of his and Wilder's camps.

You missed Captain Blade in a number 4. I've seen him at half time against the kids and he's worthy of the place.
You must be watching a different game to me then, I've seen Capt Blade have some absolute shockers, he's a liability at times. Give him his due, he has kept a couple of shots out. Some of them kids are really crap though (Kids - if you are reading this and are one of those kids who let their side down, I'm only joking, you were brilliant really, but maybe take up tennis or something else instead)

In the context of the Managers & Directors criteria, Top League is any league in Bands 1-5 including the Belgian First Division in Band 2
Ways and means 👍saying that with Stella youth management credentials then Stella first year in the Belgium league ,I don't think a work permit would be refused .beer puns for ballsup

From the Glossary of the Regs

Manager means any first team manager or first team head coach who is not a citizen of the United Kingdom or Ireland and has not acquired permanent residence in the United Kingdom, been granted pre-settled status or settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme or who is not eligible to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme (and has until 30 June 2021 to do so).

So, (my interpretation) calling him manager, head coach, Fred, Ginger, The Nawab of Pataudi doesn't help
Would appointing Van Winkel as technical director with Blessin as coach circumvent the new rules?

Thanks for the reply Phil. Is Coach different to Head Coach?
I think you've nailed it with Director of football.
Line 'em up, Shieldsy:cool:

Thanks for the reply Phil. Is Coach different to Head Coach?
I think you've nailed it with Director of football.
Line 'em up, Shieldsy:cool:
Look. It's not what you call him. It's what he does. If he picks the team. Tells the team which way to run. Shouts at the team during the game. Shakes hands with the other manager. Speaks into the microphone at a press conference. Is named on the teamsheet. Parks in the spot marked manager in the car park. Gets the award for manager of the month. Goes into the refs room for the briefing. Puts stickers on a whiteboard. Touches a cone. Any. All. He needs a Governing Body Endorsement under the criteria. The role defines the job. It's the job you need a GBE for.

Are. You. Ready?
Still looking for loopholes are you?
Have a bang on this......
There are Governing Body Endorsement criteria for Premier League and EFL Players
Alexander Blessin would not get an endorsement as a player
There are Governing Body Endorsement criteria for Premier League and EFL Managers
(as discussed in this thread) Alexander Blessin does not appear to meet those as a manager
There are Governing Body Endorsement criteria for Premier League and EFL Directors of Football
Alexander Blessin WOULD get an endorsement as a DoF IMMEDIATELY.

We can't give Lexy the managers job, but he's a shoe in for Director of Football

Come at me for Paragraph numbers etc.
Evening Phil,

Interesting, but would he ever then be able to come head coach? Within the criteria head coach they have full responsibility for the first team. Can you transition from DoF to head coach I don’t think you can?
They’re going to have to find a way to get him and his staff GBEs and fudging the role won’t cut it.

Evening Phil,

Interesting, but would he ever then be able to come head coach? Within the criteria head coach they have full responsibility for the first team. Can you transition from DoF to head coach I don’t think you can, but good for us as he’ll never get enough points to manage anyone else in England 😂.
I got sick to the teeth at the back of people asking me about scams. So I thought - hey, what if Jan Van can't even be our DoF. Check the regs. Brilliant. He can. But so can Alexander. Loving all this..... I'm not going to answer your question. The whole thing is great....

Nightly reminder. I'm not saying Alexander Blessin won't get a Governing Body Endorsement (a key part of a "work permit"). But, I'm saying maybe he'll have to go in front of an Exceptions Panel and they'll decide.

I got sick to the teeth at the back of people asking me about scams. So I thought - hey, what if Jan Van can't even be our DoF. Check the regs. Brilliant. He can. But so can Alexander. Loving all this..... I'm not going to answer your question. The whole thing is great....
For once they actually seem to have got the criteria pretty tight and clear, there is no fudge.
You have to follow the process.

Look. It's not what you call him. It's what he does. If he picks the team. Tells the team which way to run. Shouts at the team during the game. Shakes hands with the other manager. Speaks into the microphone at a press conference. Is named on the teamsheet. Parks in the spot marked manager in the car park. Gets the award for manager of the month. Goes into the refs room for the briefing. Puts stickers on a whiteboard. Touches a cone. Any. All. He needs a Governing Body Endorsement under the criteria. The role defines the job. It's the job you need a GBE for.
To me, it reads like it's the title that defines the job. Or do the regulations define what constitutes a DoF and what constitutes a manager? Basically what I'm asking is what's stopping us calling him a DoF but then essentially having him as manager.

Back
Top Bottom