Incoming? Alexander Blessin

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

James seemingly having a little dig at some local journalists who were more balanced in their coverage of Wilders exit. Surprised he suggests they’re in some way supportive of the Blessin rather than critical as they want to keep links with the club, that’s quite a step to question their credibility when The Athletic and The Examiner have certainly had better more balanced coverage of what has happened so far than The Star.
One of the local “journalists” blocked me on Twitter last night when he insinuated that signing Lingard would’ve single handedly kept us up when in fact he wouldn’t have come to us and even if he did he wouldn’t have had the impact he’s had at WHU because you know, we’re shit!
When I said I wondered why the club had cut off local journalists the clown sent a reply then blocked. Mugs that talk crap but can’t talk criticism. Suggest they find a new career

If he is appointed as DoF of United World encompassing control of all clubs, would that not side step the role of "manager", and therefore just control the coaching of all clubs within the group? Having said that given what he said about his system not suiting the English championship 5 months ago, there are doubts he is the right one :

For people who have doubts about Blessin’s credentials, I reckon it’s worth having a look at this.

It seems to me that he may well be a natural successor to Wilder with the foundations of his preferred system already well established at the club.

Could well be a smart move this.

I was virtually convinced before but this has made up my mind,a very good article and very in-depth ,all I have to say is gerhimin😀👍

One of the local “journalists” blocked me on Twitter last night when he insinuated that signing Lingard would’ve single handedly kept us up when in fact he wouldn’t have come to us and even if he did he wouldn’t have had the impact he’s had at WHU because you know, we’re shit!
When I said I wondered why the club had cut off local journalists the clown sent a reply then blocked. Mugs that talk crap but can’t talk criticism. Suggest they find a new career

That Danny Hall has blocked me at some point and I’ve no idea why. I very rarely tweet anything and never abuse anyone on there. Maybe I “liked” something he didn’t like at some point 🤷‍♂️

It’s not great if journalists who rely on people reading their articles block people willy nilly.

This guy would be a risk, albeit calculated. But I think it's a shrewd move. Wilder was so good for 90% of his tenure, and so ingrained in the fans' affections, that probably only a leftfield appointment, something completely different from anything we've had before, would stand a chance following him.

And let's be honest, in over 130 years, especially given the way the game has gone in the last 25 of them, for us never to have had a full time manager from beyond these isles is a bit wierd.

If he comes in I'll feel a bit like an old man who's never been beyond Scarbrough suddenly being whisked away to Capri. Nervous but that there foreign muck might be alright after all.

That Danny Hall has blocked me at some point and I’ve no idea why. I very rarely tweet anything and never abuse anyone on there. Maybe I “liked” something he didn’t like at some point 🤷‍♂️

It’s not great if journalists who rely on people reading their articles block people willy nilly.
Did the same to my mate a year or two ago for asking a reasonable and polite question.

However, as it suggested he wasn't completely agreeing with his standpoint he blocked him.

Yes of course, I was really replying to ChappyAppleBlade

Cleaners don't have to go head to head with fellow German Jürgen Klopp live around the world on prime time TV, so, you know, maybe there will be different rules....
Sorry Phil if you’ve covered this but would us being PL make a difference if so do you think that’s why we’re reportedly pushing to get him in before the end of the season?

Cleaners need a Job (Certificate of Sponsorship)
And be allowed into the Country in the first place (a Visa)
There is no governing body for cleaners, because it isn't an organised competitive sport.

PL & EFL Managers need a job (Certificate of Sponsorship)
And be allowed into the country in the first place (a Visa)
And, because there is an industry governing body (FA), they need permission to work in the industry (Governing Body Endorsement)

Quote....
1. Before a Manager is permitted to undertake any employment duties for the club, the club must have obtained a GBE in respect of the Manager and the Manager must have been assigned a Certificate of Sponsorship by that club and secured leave to remain under Tiers 2 or 5 of the PBS.
This is valuable work Phil, which the Star have now nicked, sorry, picked up on.

It seems that United might not have realised the legal restrictions accompanying Brexit.

Of course, the Prince has also invested in clubs in France and Belgium now it has become more difficult to bring people over from the EU, which is a muddled strategy in itself.

This guy might not come or might come and not work out but I have to.say I'm encouraged and excited that the club seems to have some kind of strategy and plan of not only the kind of guy they.want to.come in but also of what they want from him and how best to transition from what we have now to where we want to go

Maybe its time for fresh ideas from a foreign coach who hasn't any links to the current squad. Everyone has a clean slate then and we'll see which players are up for getting us promoted again.

Danny Hall also has me blocked for reasons which escape me. He probably can't remember why he's done it either.

James seemingly having a little dig at some local journalists who were more balanced in their coverage of Wilders exit. Surprised he suggests they’re in some way supportive of the Blessin rather than critical as they want to keep links with the club, that’s quite a step to question their credibility when The Athletic and The Examiner have certainly had better more balanced coverage of what has happened so far than The Star.
That's genuinely embarrassing by Shield.

Ben 🤔

"Off-the-record briefings, with helpful journalists and those perceived as being willing to slavishly toe the party line, are also being arranged to help sell Blessin to supporters"

Its the type of comment you keep in your draft box rather than commit to a verbal public tantrum. Tends to suggest the Club have got their strategic communications act together after a difficult few weeks. The Prince alluded to the Clubs side of the story not being out there indicating a feeling the press coverage on CW leaving was one sided. Hence one of the reasons for his public statement.

Looks like the Club have plugged some of the leaks and are restricting information to those sources they can trust as any competent organisation would. Shields has just ensured any exclusives on SUFC have now been confined to the dustbin for the foreseeable future. As the saying goes "you don't bite the hand that feeds you".

Isn't it just.

Tbh having seen what a variety of local journalists have trotted out in recent times I'm not remotely surprised PA isn't too fussed about giving them an audience.
I don’t really get it, because if Wilder was giving them access then they never* passed on any of the insights to us, the punters. Local media was often scooped by nationals like Nixon, in fact.

* I’ll make an exception for Danny’s books, which were pretty informative but came a little while after the fact.

I'm still waiting for the bombshell info from Wilder's mates.

So far all I've seen is the Lingard stuff which if that's it, then it's laughable.

I love what CW has done and he'll get a long standing ovation from me but I can't help think he's helped dig his own grave in terms of the JTW stuff.

The football
I don’t really get it, because if Wilder was giving them access then they never* passed on any of the insights to us, the punters. Local media was often scooped by nationals like Nixon, in fact.

* I’ll make an exception for Danny’s books, which were pretty informative but came a little while after the fact.

That's the odd thing. The insinuating tweets last night regarding Lingard never made it into print from what I can remember. I certainly don't remember reading that Lingard was coming before the plug was pulled by the owners, but it's pretty much what i deciphered last night.

The football

That's the odd thing. The insinuating tweets last night regarding Lingard never made it into print from what I can remember. I certainly don't remember reading that Lingard was coming before the plug was pulled by the owners, but it's pretty much what i deciphered last night.
Could you post it? I haven't seen that.

Has anyone seen any further news on appointing Blessin? Sick of hitting the refresh button looking for an update.

Does worry me that the JVW and the Prince want to be more hands on on transfers. Didn’t they have a voting system anyway to approve any deal?

Let’s see what happens with Blessin - national and local press now saying no approach has been made. Might well be that Oostend want to keep any move on the down low until their season ends shortly.

The football

Who knows what the real story is but looking at it dispassionately would Lingard choose a team getting relegated over one pushing for Europe? If he’s looking to push back into the England squad and/or the Manchester United squad which gives the best chance? Now it might be that this was not the case but I’m struggling to see how we were the best option for him

Who knows what the real story is but looking at it dispassionately would Lingard choose a team getting relegated over one pushing for Europe? If he’s looking to push back into the England squad and/or the Manchester United squad which gives the best chance? Now it might be that this was not the case but I’m struggling to see how we were the best option for him

Apparently so, but you have to connect the dots.

Back
Top Bottom