Slavisa Jokanovic

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The problem we have is that we have a recent culture.
Our most successful managers have been Bassett, Warnock and Wilder.

They all have one thing in common....that is a strong personality.
They all knew how to galvanise the fans....natural leaders with straight talking passion.

On paper Eddie Howe seems a really good manager but unless we‘re instantly winning I can‘t see many Blades taking to his calm monotone Politician like demeanour. He probably has the knowledge and intelligence to be a top manager but does he have the personality?
I’m just glad I’m not making the decision.

Regards Jokanovic....I’d give him 6 out of 10....probably a decent manager but again not sure he’s a right fit for us.

I do think Howe could end up like Adkins for us.

Javanaonvic
Yes or no - talk to me, Terry Tibbs.

"what"

OK, I'll give you 30 grand, take it or leave it..

I just hope the next manager isn't a badge thumper type, it has been shown to be a load of old bollocks. A bit like Colin and his "best fans ever" quote at every club he goes to.
Was only thinking the same this morning, and all this one of our own crap as well. One of our own until another offer comes along. They are all in it for as much as they can take out. I'm not being taken in with it anymore.

Eddie Howe wipes his bum when he farts. Jokanovic catches it in a cup and makes his players smell it to show who's in charge.

Jokanovic is the reason Where’s Wally is hiding.

He’s a hard bugger, plays attacking football, will want to spend but who doesn’t? We want promotion.

I'm not sure I understand why a manager has to reflect the fan base.

The Wider years were special, but did his relationship with us really improve the team?

Klopp and Liverpool are close, Bielsa and Leeds, Ranieri with Leicester, and none of them even sightly mirrored the fans that sang their name.

Before Wilder came we were linked with Page, McCall and Morgan.
All of which would have had a connection with the fans and all of them would have been sacked well before we made it to the Premiership.

Success will bond a fan base with their team. Personally I'd love all the players to be born and bred in Sheffield and the manager to be from High Green, but realistically we have to go for the right men for the job and the right men are successful ones. Whether they kiss the badge or know the words to the GCB is irrelevant at the moment.

*all that said I'd hate a drip like Southgate in charge and I understand the Howe comparisons.

I’m not interested in a new manager having a previous connection with the club. We do need to be able to relate to them and convince us it’ll get better after a defeat.

Wilder did that, so did Warnock & Bassett. I personally bought into Clough at the time and I quite liked Wilson.

Although a nice bloke, Adkins didn’t connect and neither did Weir. And I never felt less connection than when Bruce was in charge.

Yes, the bottom line is that it doesn’t matter how good you are at talking or what your accent is, nobody wants to hear you when you’ve lost five in a row, whatever you say will be “wrong”.
Steady on ........ five defeats in a row could actually be seen as an improvement for us !

The Wider years were special, but did his relationship with us really improve the team?

Klopp and Liverpool are close, Bielsa and Leeds, Ranieri with Leicester, and none of them even sightly mirrored the fans that sang their name.

All of which would have had a connection with the fans and all of them would have been sacked well before we made it to the Premiership.

Success will bond a fan base with their team. Personally I'd love all the players to be born and bred in Sheffield and the manager to be from High Green, but realistically we have to go for the right men for the job and the right men are successful ones. Whether they kiss the badge or know the words to the GCB is irrelevant at the moment.

*all that said I'd hate a drip like Southgate in charge and I understand the Howe comparisons.
Arsenal Wenger even went so far as to change his name to build a close bond to the fans. That worked pretty well on the whole.

A manager from High Green? That has to be Wendy fan territory. What’s wrong with us having a manager from south Sheffield? Although of course he’ll live in a nice house in south west Sheffield!

Back
Top Bottom