"As you were" for the next manager

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

LondonBlade89

Reaction score
.....or so Nathan Hemmingham is reporting: https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/spor...ld-united-already-decided-management-20194705.

Very interesting one in light of all that's happened. A few thoughts...
  • So was the whole DoF thing just made up? Or are they doing this to prove a point in the face of seeming opposition to a DoF?
  • Are there any plans longer term to shift this model? If so, surely they should just implement it now?
  • Surely they will be at least looking at how we recruit? Widening the pool of targets, etc. Or was Wilder "the problem"....?
I've given up trying to second guess any of the answers to this. I honestly don't know what to think. But sharing because it's definitely interesting for our future both near and long-term.

They were very clear prior to CW leaving that we weren't looking to that model in the near future and certainly while Chris was in role.
The saving face argument has no possible grounds for being accurate, as if they were insistent on applying it to Wilder they would do it with the new guy.
DoF was never an issue.

Very very odd indeed. Maybe its another hint of it being Howe as (correct me if I'm wrong) he did not work with DoF at Bmuff. He worked with a Recruitment analyst that worked with a head domestic scout and a head foreign scout who would draft the lists of targets before talking to the manager.

Can be I the first to say, what the actual f**k!!

God knows then , gets more bizarre????
only thing I can see it being then is selling players and the training ground

This could well be true but there are no quotes in the article from anyone. It's worth noting that no DOF makes signings either. The recruitment could change where the manager still has the final say. It just may be that the recruitment strategy is totally different and focuses more abroad.

Just makes me think everyone just stabbed each other in the back, and I certainly don’t trust Bettis.

If this is true then that at least as I see it is good news

Strange it came out the way it did though? Even makes me think that that someone’s been reading social media, seen all the backlash and had a change of direction, although that seems to drastic tbh

If it wasn't DOF and it wasn't a leaky roof and it wasn't interference in the selection of players it would seem, based on a massive change of mood around the Bristol Rovers game, that it boils down to Chris putting in requests for players as per the Prince's previous assurances, but the prince basically saying "Nah mate we're doomed, let's save it for the Summer, we've chucked enough cash out there".

Yes the Prince went back on his assurances, Chris was never the same since, but FFS can't 2 egos find some common ground?

Reactions: bxb
I honestly think Wilder wanted out, he could see the writing on the wall, some of the squad has seen it's best days ( Stevens, Norwood, Sharp, McGoldrick, Jags) some have had a bad injury or are never fit (JOC, Berge, Moose) some are just not good enough ( Robinson, Lowe, Osbourn, Burke) some were very expensive and have a lot to prove (McBurnie, Brewster, Ramsdale ).

The only sure fire performers next season are Egan, Baldock and Fleck and with likely sales and not much investment he didn't want to ruin his reputation.

Strange it came out the way it did though? Even makes me think that that someone’s been reading social media, seen all the backlash and had a change of direction, although that seems to drastic tbh
That's Villa-Boas down the pan then!

Unless of course it is a double-bluff and they are going to appoint a DoF.
Which begs the question - are they going to tell the new manager before or after his appointment.

I honestly think Wilder wanted out, he could see the writing on the wall, some of the squad has seen it's best days ( Stevens, Norwood, Sharp, McGoldrick, Jags) some have had a bad injury or are never fit (JOC, Berge, Moose) some are just not good enough ( Robinson, Lowe, Osbourn, Burke) some were very expensive and have a lot to prove (McBurnie, Brewster, Ramsdale ).

The only sure fire performers next season are Egan, Baldock and Fleck and with likely sales and not much investment he didn't want to ruin his reputation.
It does make you wonder if the captain decided to abandon ship, before it finally sunk.

Hopefully not a sign that it was just about a lack of financial support going forward then.

If it wasn't DOF and it wasn't a leaky roof and it wasn't interference in the selection of players it would seem, based on a massive change of mood around the Bristol Rovers game, that it boils down to Chris putting in requests for players as per the Prince's previous assurances, but the prince basically saying "Nah mate we're doomed, let's save it for the Summer, we've chucked enough cash out there".

Yes the Prince went back on his assurances, Chris was never the same since, but FFS can't 2 egos find some common ground?
If the Prince did go back on getting in two loans during January, bearing in mind so many people would accept that our future in the Premier League was not looking too bright at the time, CW surely would not use that as the reason to leave.
Obviously he might, but what I mean is, surely there must have been more, hopefully a lot more, much, much more to justify the storm that started last Friday morning.

But what about all the people who ranted about losing Wilder due to a DOF being put in place!
Surely this must be wrong for their sakes.

.....or so Nathan Hemmingham is reporting: https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/spor...ld-united-already-decided-management-20194705.

Very interesting one in light of all that's happened. A few thoughts...
  • So was the whole DoF thing just made up? Or are they doing this to prove a point in the face of seeming opposition to a DoF?
  • Are there any plans longer term to shift this model? If so, surely they should just implement it now?
  • Surely they will be at least looking at how we recruit? Widening the pool of targets, etc. Or was Wilder "the problem"....?
I've given up trying to second guess any of the answers to this. I honestly don't know what to think. But sharing because it's definitely interesting for our future both near and long-term.

Same publication that said an Arctic weather dome would hit the UK today https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/arctic-dome-set-hit-uk-20192441 🤣

But what about all the people who ranted about losing Wilder due to a DOF being put in place!
Surely this must be wrong for their sakes.
On the other hand there would now be no reason for CW not to come back, would there?

Back
Top Bottom