My thinking

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ormester

Reaction score
Very interesting I think a sale or 2 is goi g to happen but if we lose 5 players that's us done for years the Prince should look at what happened last time after relegation. Buck the trend get some top scouting set up . Bring in 3 or 4 quality players yes they cost but if we are serious then it will happen. If wilders in charge then bring in the help he needs i honestly feel for us

Very interesting I think a sale or 2 is goi g to happen but if we lose 5 players that's us done for years the Prince should look at what happened last time after relegation. Buck the trend get some top scouting set up . Bring in 3 or 4 quality players yes they cost but if we are serious then it will happen. If wilders in charge then bring in the help he needs i honestly feel for us
I can think of at least 5 players I would actively be looking to get out the door.

Needs a shake up IMHO. But the spine of the team (all 3 CBs, JF and hopefully SB Dids and BS) should all be retained. Hoping Brewster will come good.

UTB

i think the 2 who will definetly go are berge and egan but i hope thats it joc and baldock could also have clubs interested in em but think they may both stay

It's more about who comes in and what budget it's seems to me don't back wilder hell walk

Depends which 5 we sell

Stevens, McBurnie, Norwood, Mousset, Robinson is a much different proposition than Berge, Egan, JOC, Fleck and Bogle

Even if it is the first 5 I've suggested, it's probably a total numbers issue that Wilder is worried about.

As it stands we have for next season

Ramsdale
Foderingham
Verrips
Eastwood

Baldock
Bogle
Basham
Egan
JOC
Robinson
RND
Stevens
Lowe

Slater
Berge
Norwood
Fleck
Osborn

McGoldrick
Burke
Mousset
Sharp
McBurnie
Brewster

Lose 5 of these and we're potentially left with only 14 players with PL experience and somewhat of a squad overhaul to contend with.

PS - its clear form this list which area of the field our recruitment needs to focus on

Depends which 5 we sell

Stevens, McBurnie, Norwood, Mousset, Robinson is a much different proposition than Berge, Egan, JOC, Fleck and Bogle

Even if it is the first 5 I've suggested, it's probably a total numbers issue that Wilder is worried about.

As it stands we have for next season

Ramsdale
Foderingham
Verrips
Eastwood

Baldock
Bogle
Basham
Egan
JOC
Robinson
RND
Stevens
Lowe

Slater
Berge
Norwood
Fleck
Osborn

McGoldrick
Burke
Mousset
Sharp
McBurnie
Brewster

Lose 5 of these and we're potentially left with only 14 players with PL experience and somewhat of a squad overhaul to contend with.

PS - its clear form this list which area of the field our recruitment needs to focus on

From what i can see, Eastwood and Slater are both out of contract in the summer.

I don't think there's one player in that squad I'd lose any sleep over if they get sold....

We've been that bad this season, I'm struggling to make a case for any of them being indispensable.
I would agree. However you just know if we sell Bogle to someone like Southampton for a poultry fee that he will end up being worth multiple of what we sold him for 🙈

Right age, two footed, homegrown, decent pace and so on

I would agree. However you just know if we sell Bogle to someone like Southampton for a poultry fee that he will end up being worth multiple of what we sold him for 🙈

£15m + 10% sell on fee and he's there's!!!

Take £5m of it, nip into League 1/ League 2 and buy the best RB under the age of 23 to be Baldock's understudy...

£10m to put towards a central midfielder which I'm hoping we're scouring the four corners of the planet earth to find!!

£15m + 10% sell on fee and he's there's!!!

Take £5m of it, nip into League 1/ League 2 and buy the best RB under the age of 23 to be Baldock's understudy...

£10m to put towards a central midfielder which I'm hoping we're scouring the four corners of the planet earth to find!!
£15m? Thankfully McCabe left the building yonks ago.

The last time we were relegated from the premier league we did bring in a few quality players and I think the only really quality player that we sold was Jagielka. I think I'm right in saying that we spent more in transfer fees and wages than at any time before that in our history and yet in the new year we were nearer relegation than promotion.

Unfortunately it didn't work out.

A collection of good/quality/expensive players don't necessarily produce good results. It's a combination of management, players and the whole atmosphere around the club that does that. (IMHO)

I doubt we’ll let him go for a poultry fee - we stopped selling players for chicken feed when Kev left .... :)

Why would we even consider selling Bogle? He’s the best bit of recruitment we’ve done in the in the last two years.

He’s the blueprint that the recruitment should be based upon, young, confident and athletic with great ability with both feet.

Just need another half dozen of a similar mould and we’re in business

The last time we were relegated from the premier league we did bring in a few quality players and I think the only really quality player that we sold was Jagielka. I think I'm right in saying that we spent more in transfer fees and wages than at any time before that in our history and yet in the new year we were nearer relegation than promotion.

Unfortunately it didn't work out.

A collection of good/quality/expensive players don't necessarily produce good results. It's a combination of management, players and the whole atmosphere around the club that does that. (IMHO)

It didn't work out because we hired Bryan Robson as manager.

Had we kept Warnock or hired a manager who was decent, those signings could probably have got us promoted!

....nip into League 1/ League 2 and buy the best RB under the age of 23 to be Baldock's understudy...
Isn’t this what we’ve been doing and is what our current not good enough squad is mostly made up of.
Tack needs to change.
I’m not saying don’t do ANY of the above but just not on every signing .

Why would we even consider selling Bogle? He’s the best bit of recruitment we’ve done in the in the last two years.

He’s the blueprint that the recruitment should be based upon, young, confident and athletic with great ability with both feet.

Just need another half dozen of a similar mould and we’re in business

Roundly written off by a few as a "Derby reserve can't get in the team waste of money" type : )

Back
Top Bottom