Player Suggestion Jess Lingaard

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We are crying out for creativity in midfield, someone who can put their foot on the ball, look up and pick a pass, add a bit of composure and Lingard could bring that......but if course that's not the Sheffield United way, we want a midfield full of hod carriers who graft but ultimately have very little talent, certainly not enough talent for Premier League football....which is exactly what our team is made up of at the moment.

Don't worry, the nasty Premier League will soon be a distant memory and we can get back to good old muck and nettles football, none of this prima donna shite.

Fully agree with the sentiment - disagree that Lingard is the man to provide what you're saying.

As Tarqs said further up - the lad couldn't score or assist in Man Utd's team. I don't see him turning that form around here. In a flat 3? Or even as a 10...

I can picture his sulking and arm throwing already if he rocks up here.

Fully agree with the sentiment - disagree that Lingard is the man to provide what you're saying.

As Tarqs said further up - the lad couldn't score or assist in Man Utd's team. I don't see him turning that form around here. In a flat 3? Or even as a 10...

I can picture his sulking and arm throwing already if he rocks up here.
His mum was in hospital for a long time and he was looking after his siblings which was a distraction and he lost focus. This has been resolved and he is now focused again and reason why OGS doesn’t really want him to leave. He knows he has to get in ahead of Pogba/Fernandes which ain’t happening at present so wants to play. He’s worth a punt if we can convince him..who else is there?

Anyone who thinks Lingard woukdn't improve our team doesn't know anything about football.

Whether we would be better off spending the money in the summer or loaning someone we have a chance of signing permanently is a different question.

We are so devoid of creativity he definitely would be an asset. With him and Didzy we may actually hang on to the ball for longer than 10 seconds !

Not often we agree, but I think you're 100% spot on here.

He hasn't had a good game in about 3 years and became a joke for no goals or assists for over a full season.
Sounds like,e just the player hris likes bench warmers

I think some people can be a bit blinkered on hear at times, lingard not good enough, when he really is good enough, Tottenham are now in for Lingard and Mourhino says they have no one that can burst forward and break defences open like lingard can, but he’s not good enough for us!!! Really?
Just go and read the Kyle Walker thread on here, some people (granted the same people saying the same about Lingard) on that thread are saying he’s not good enough for us and wouldn’t get in our current team while we have Baldock yadda yadda, I don’t see it myself. Kyle plays for Man City but he’s not good enough to break into our current Blades team again really?, so totenham and more so Mourhino as well as Nice etc are interested in lingard but he’s not good enough for bottom of the premier league team Sheffield United, just wow.....
Some people need to give their heads a good wobble....
.....UTB.....

Anyone who thinks Lingard woukdn't improve our team doesn't know anything about football.

Whether we would be better off spending the money in the summer or loaning someone we have a chance of signing permanently is a different question.

We are so devoid of creativity he definitely would be an asset. With him and Didzy we may actually hang on to the ball for longer than 10 seconds !
He's got experience so I would take him.

Yes ok, Norwood or Lingard I know who I would have

Norwood isn't on £100k a week.
Spending £100k a week on Lingard for a few months of PL football, why?

Plus i'm no fan of Norwood, said for a long time he's a Championship player.....
But i'd rather have him in his current position, than Lingard, he couldn't play as a deep lying midfielder.

Who is to say Man Utd aren’t going to cover a good % of his wages, if not all. Ollie has said he wants him out playing first team football with a view to him staying at Man Utd, Lingard playing first team football regular be it here or elsewhere may be worth more to Man Utd than his wages..... You can’t buy game time or can you? By covering your own players wages....
.....UTB.....

Norwood isn't on £100k a week.
Spending £100k a week on Lingard for a few months of PL football, why?

Plus i'm no fan of Norwood, said for a long time he's a Championship player.....
But i'd rather have him in his current position, than Lingard, he couldn't play as a deep lying midfielder.

You're "no fan of Norwood"? I can see you joined here in 2018, so I'm not sure how long you've followed United but this season aside he's been one of the best midfielders we've had for years :oops:

You're "no fan of Norwood"? I can see you joined here in 2018, so I'm not sure how long you've followed United but this season aside he's been one of the best midfielders we've had for years :oops:

Don't take the point I made out of context.

I don't think any club at this level has ever been a 'fan' of his ability.

This whole Lingard has personal issues excuse for his recent form... Maybe that he had a hot spell beforehand and is now back at his level. He's been part of a pretty average era for Man Utd for a reason... average players like him! Would he do a job for us? Maybe. But is it worth spunking out huge wages now? No.

Well keeping him as the most integral part of the midfield has paid off really well.

Well who wouldn't want to keep one of the top performing midfielders for the following season? However, he's only started 8 league games anyway?

Well who wouldn't want to keep one of the top performing midfielders for the following season? However, he's only started 8 league games anyway?

If you want to provide the 6 months of last season of evidence that he's a good player at this level then that is fine......

But i'll offer you the rest of his career as evidence he's not.
Dropped by multiple clubs immediately following promotion, and about to get relegated with another.

Berge, providing he stays, has to take his position next season.

If you want to provide the 6 months of last season of evidence that he's a good player at this level then that is fine......

But i'll offer you the rest of his career as evidence he's not.
Dropped by multiple clubs immediately following promotion, and about to get relegated with another.

Berge, providing he stays, has to take his position next season.

Berge's best moments for us are not in CDM where he's looked lost...

Probably because in our system, that position doesn't have any creative midfielders infront of him. I bet it was different at Genk. Certainly probably helps having Haaland making runs infront of him for Norway. We just have traffic cones

He lacks the mobility to play in the wider central midfield positions though.

Wilder has made some decent signings imho, but he's not bought players for his system, which is why I don't understand his unwillingness to change it.

He lacks the mobility to play in the wider central midfield positions though.

Wilder has made some decent signings imho, but he's not bought players for his system, which is why I don't understand his unwillingness to change it.

Weird. sure I remember him powering past players with ease from there and getting into the box...

Probably because in our system, that position doesn't have any creative midfielders infront of him. I bet it was different at Genk. Certainly probably helps having Haaland making runs infront of him for Norway. We just have traffic cones

To back-up your point, he usually played in a double pivot for Genk in a 4-2-3-1 formation, which enabled him to sit deeper to dictate play, he had other support centrally and he had plenty of options ahead of him, which suited his game far better than being a single lynchpin when he plays centrally (Norwood showing the dangers in that role on Sun) or, even worse, trying to turn him into a box-to-box midfielder in the RCM role, which suits him less that it does Lundstram.

To back-up your point, he usually played in a double pivot for Genk in a 4-2-3-1 formation, which enabled him to sit deeper to dictate play, he had other support centrally and he had plenty of options ahead of him, which suited his game far better than being a single lynchpin when he plays centrally (Norwood showing the dangers in that role on Sun) or, even worse, trying to turn him into a box-to-box midfielder in the RCM role, which suits him less that it does Lundstram.
It would be interesting to see him and Norwood in a double pivot, but we dont have a single attacking midfielder. Nevermind 3, with 2 of them being wide options. There really is no other option than to limp on to the end of the season

Back
Top Bottom