Norwood

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Toronto, for starters Berge would have ousted Norwood and if he was fit Norwood woldn't be playing. We'll get our money back on Berge at some point I'm sure as he's young and highly rated and we've seen how good he can be.

Bogle will prove to be excellant business. In time I also believe Brewster will prove to be a good buy, but in hindsight he isn't good enough now for a struggling PL side.

If you want Wilder to be able to bring in better players then what we already had then we need a bigger wage budget per individual player signings. Granted I'm sure we could have brought in someone on our wage budget to give more competition there, I don't know why we didn't do that, but my guess is that Wilder didn't know, and how could he, that Norwood and Fleck would be so poor this season.
Spot on . If we had a realistic wage set up we would have had Watkins and another center back playing for us along with Villas full back Cash who was about to sign for us until terms were discussed .Can not think of many Prem players wanting to play for us when we are paying the lowest money in the league.

I totatlly agree Luke, but my message was in response to Toronto's and his view that we'd not got absolutlely nothing and I'm pointing out that when Berge goes, whenever that is, that we'll be able to sell him on for at least what we paid him for. As you say, I hope he stays next season and he plays a pivatol part, but not so sure he'll want to stay though.
I think even our best players have been so bad this year they won't have the interest in their services they might expect

I just think age is catching up to Norwood a bit and the mistakes are becoming more frequent.

He has never been a player that has thrived when pressed a lot. He needs help when the opponents press high.

I just think age is catching up to Norwood a bit and the mistakes are becoming more frequent.

He has never been a player that has thrived when pressed a lot. He needs help when the opponents press high.
it has at premier league level but he might still be good enough for the championship but that will be the managers decision and although i think berge will probably go dont think it would be a major shock if he stayed he would be fantastic at championship level

it has at premier league level but he might still be good enough for the championship but that will be the managers decision and although i think berge will probably go dont think it would be a major shock if he stayed he would be fantastic at championship level

If Berge leaves we keep Norwood.

If Berge leaves we keep Norwood.

Which would be back to square one for Wilder.

In the same way he's tried to filter Stevens/Baldock out of the side, he needs to sign players in the summer to do the same with Norwood/Fleck, and Lundstram too if he leaves

Osborn may even get more of a chance in LCM next season.

Which would be back to square one for Wilder.

In the same way he's tried to filter Stevens/Baldock out of the side, he needs to sign players in the summer to do the same with Norwood/Fleck, and Lundstram too if he leaves

Osborn may even get more of a chance in LCM next season.
If Osborn features regularly in midfield next season we'll be midtable at best.

It breaks my heart what has happened to Norwood. You could make an argument for him being the key piece in our promotion to the Premier League and he was certainly my favourite player that season. However recent performances have been clear for all to see and the mistakes for the goals yesterday were unforgivable. Such a shame and it looks like a poor decision to have offered him the new contract last summer.

Norwood would be a great quarter back for a dominant team, who don't get pressed.

Ball at his feet, lots of time to think and movement in front of him - a fantastic player.

Stick him in a team with little possession, who get pressed and hes a liability.

He literally cannot move whilst on the ball, if a player is near him or closes him down he doesn't have any ability to drop a shoulder or jink past and create a yard of pace. Sees a man, takes eye off the ball, shits his pants and loses it.

Worse still is out of possession, basically a red and white traffic cone. Average players go round him like he's not there without any skill or pace. Attempts at tackling are just embarrassing.

Like a lot of the squad was good at times last year, but on or off the ball simply physically not up to the pace of Premier League football.
Is he playing american football now?

Norwood was good last season as was Fleck but neither have shown the consistancy needed to claim to be prem quality.
No room for sentiment we have to unload and replace before this month ends

Osborn missing has seen a drop in drive
Only good for half a season save for the Spurs/Chelsea games. Midfield has been criminally overlooked when it comes to recruitment and our weakness in that area keeps exposing us. Lunny did plenty of running and Fleck put in "that" cross but other than that the midfield were awful against Spurs and average at best the rest of the season.

I wonder how much Wilder now regrets not signing Swift in summer and letting Freeman join Forest on loan. This dodgy under performing midfield has cost United so far this season with little creativity and few crosses into the box.
Freeman has done nothing at Forest and has been out for two months.
Wilder can only sign Swift (who has also been out for months) if both him and his club agree : they did not.

Only good for half a season save for the Spurs/Chelsea games. Midfield has been criminally overlooked when it comes to recruitment and our weakness in that area keeps exposing us. Lunny did plenty of running and Fleck put in "that" cross but other than that the midfield were awful against Spurs and average at best the rest of the season.
thats my main critisism of our recruitment midfield has been overlooked completely even if our midfielders had performed as well as last season we were still a couple light in there but the most emphasis has been put on wing backs

Should have been hooked at half time. He does it almost every game. If we can see it why can’t Wilder.
Maybe he can, but who should have gone on to play that role unless Jags can remember his debut match ?

Thanks for your performances in the Championship and the first 6 months of last season where you were a pleasure to watch but now is the time to move on. We have a lot to thank him for but today he reminded me of Dean Hammond. It's definitely time to step down a division. I'm sure he would do a brilliant job in a top end championship team that dominates possession
That will be us

Spot on . If we had a realistic wage set up we would have had Watkins and another center back playing for us along with Villas full back Cash who was about to sign for us until terms were discussed .Can not think of many Prem players wanting to play for us when we are paying the lowest money in the league.

Watkins would never have chosen SUFC over Villa and working with Dean Smith.
I'm convinced, should Cash and Maupay been offered the same deals here as at Villa and Brighton, they still wouldn't be here.

I think people are blinded by the false information surrounding the Berge deal, when he wasn't wanted by anyone else.

We can all excuse a mistake here and there, but it's harder to excuse a sudden inability to control a football and we absolutely will not excuse half arsed attempts to tackle and track back. At least 3 goals against us can be pinned directly to him on this latter point now.

Having just listened to Beans and Roygbiv 's pod, I also completely agree with the point made that Norwood is at serious risk of tarnishing 2 excellent, and incredibly memorable seasons, unless he bucks his ideas up.

A few more performances like yesterday, and he could suddenly find himself in a very dim light amongst the support. Yesterday was so poor from him, I mean really, really poor.

You don't get 56 points in the prem being average

All that’s happened this season is teams are taking us seriously. Last season I lost count of the amount of teams that turned up to lane unprepared for the battle, cheered me up thinking, plenty of sides turned up, but not many teams. That was our advantage last year, now teams play at the same intensity as us only they have actual premier league quality all over the pitch. Our lads have no time play anymore, and Norwood along with others have been found out because of this.

We are no longer an alien object that is being analysed through a magnifying glass, with people saying no don’t touch it see what is does first. Where now getting picked up a thrown against a wall and toyed with until we inevitably capitulate with no one around who has the quality to clean up the mess.

“Quarterback” is almost a nickname for him at this point, you must be new here.
Is it? First time I have seen it. Plus the poster was using the term as a general position not as a nickname, so you're talking bollox. Anyone who uses that term when talking about football positions can fck off with the dicks who call our game 'soccer and the no sock wearing middle class gimps that infect most football podcasts these days 🤣

Last edited:
Is it? First time I have seen it. Plus the poster was using the term as a general position not as a nickname, so you're talking bollox. Anyone who uses that term when talking about football positions can fck off with the dicks who call our game 'soccer and the no sock wearing middle class gimps that infect most football podcasts these days 🤣

Guess that goes for our own club and players then.

All that’s happened this season is teams are taking us seriously. Last season I lost count of the amount of teams that turned up to lane unprepared for the battle, cheered me up thinking, plenty of sides turned up, but not many teams. That was our advantage last year, now teams play at the same intensity as us only they have actual premier league quality all over the pitch. Our lads have no time play anymore, and Norwood along with others have been found out because of this.

We are no longer an alien object that is being analysed through a magnifying glass, with people saying no don’t touch it see what is does first. Where now getting picked up a thrown against a wall and toyed with until we inevitably capitulate with no one around who has the quality to clean up the mess.
Missing oconnell and Henderson k>s nearer the mark

Solidity at the back gone has led last season's draws and 1-0 wins have turned into 11 x 1 goal defeats. . Small margins
Big gulf

Missing oconnell and Henderson k>s nearer the mark

Solidity at the back gone has led last season's draws and 1-0 wins have turned into 11 x 1 goal defeats. . Small margins
Big gulf
probably right think we would have at least been on double figures points tally if those 2 had been in team

Watkins would never have chosen SUFC over Villa and working with Dean Smith.
I'm convinced, should Cash and Maupay been offered the same deals here as at Villa and Brighton, they still wouldn't be here.

I think people are blinded by the false information surrounding the Berge deal, when he wasn't wanted by anyone else.

More nonsense by his agent as has been the case in every transfer window since 2018.
Every single window he is supposedly being 'chased' by an endless list of clubs.

His agent has been desperate to get a PL club for him since 2018.
Wilder took the bait.

Back
Top Bottom