Ramsdale’s little jump

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

To be fair if you were dating Kelly Brook, you'd need to visualise Susan Boyle to get it down again.

Her distribution is probably slightly better than AR's as well.

The guy is absolute dog shit.

Going from Dean Henderson to Ramsdale is like splitting up with Kelly Brook and then getting together with Susan Boyle.

It’s so bloody depressing.
Is Kelly Brook all that these days?! Susan Boyle wouldn't look too bad covered in margarine and wrapped in cling film!

Is Kelly Brook all that these days?! Susan Boyle wouldn't look too bad covered in margarine and wrapped in cling film!
You still would mate.... although I concede I’m yet to see Susan Boyle in a bikini.

Another pathetic thread. Fault for all three lays with Norwood, simple.
Spot on Toshack! Ramsdale had no chance with all 3 goals today.
It seems a number of fans blame him for the goals we are conceding when really he's being sold down the river by poor play all over the pitch he's not blameless but he is being left exposed time and time again .Thee mess we are in is not down to him alone ! how about sharing the abuse amongst some of the experienced players.
Norwood for one he is an obvious one! there are others.!!

It seems a number of fans blame him for the goals we are conceding when really he's being sold down the river by poor play all over the pitch he's not blameless but he is being left exposed time and time again .Thee mess we are in is not down to him alone ! how about sharing the abuse amongst some of the experienced players.
Even without his role in the 3 goals, Rammers was flipping awful today. He struggled with the basics. Around 100 people marked him at an average of 3.5 on this site. He did terribly. You need to recognise this. To balance it out everyone played badly except Didz and he did play well on Tuesday. To summarise he is not one of our better players and he drags the average mark down, and seems to have 1 very good game every 5/6 he plays. He needs to get a lot better if he ever wants to play in the PL again. His form is probably mid table championship currently.

I totally get people being critical of the performances of Ramsdale, but I do feel for the lad in many ways.

He didn't choose or pay the fee to sign him.
He ain't trying to play poorly, irrespective of the end result.
He ain't the manager so can't drop himself.
He can't help it we had a great goalkeeper before he joined.

The criticism should be more aimed at the management and board. I don't know but I strongly suspect the lad is distraught at the performances, and his confidence must be beyond broken at present.

Imagine trying your best at work and getting caned all the time, it's got to destroy your belief.
What he aught to do is summon up all his powers and act like a decent goalkeeper.
What we aught to do is stop making excuses for him and be realistic about his abilities.

Must be a priority to replace him in the summer. Cannot for the life of me see Aaron Ramsdale being a stalwart in a promotion winning side. He’s simply not very good. Even in the championship the same issues will occur constantly regarding his positioning and lack of presence. Lower table Championship at best, which is incredibly generous. Wilder’s worst signing.

In every game, you can see Ramsdale call for the ball and move towards it but a defender will clear instead when he could have left it. It happened 2 or 3 times today.

The defence do not trust him at all.
The stats are telling, both of Ramsdale and the teams defending.
View attachment 103341
Two things strike me looking at the list...

There is no stat for simple catches fumbled or how many crosses left in own six yard box

and secondly it seems most Premier League clubs have at least two goalkeepers all better than Ramsdale without having spent silly on fees. It's so telling that when you look at bottom/mid table teams most have got two good options or more with at least one experienced top level keeper in their side to take pressure off a younger keeper.

Brighton - Ryan and Sanchez
Southampton - McCarthy and Forster
Newcastle - Dubravka and Darlow
Burnley - Pope and Peacock-Farrell
Palace - Guaita, Hennessey and Butland
Leeds - Casilla and Mellier
Fulham - Areola and Rodak
Villa - Martinez, Heaton and Steer
West Ham - Fabianksi and Randolph
Wolves Patricio and Ruddy

Other than possibly Peacock-Farrell I'd argue every teams second or even third choice choice is a better or more experienced keeper than Ramsdale. Which begs the question why did Wilder buy him for so much?

Two things strike me looking at the list...

There is no stat for simple catches fumbled or how many crosses left in own six yard box

and secondly it seems most Premier League clubs have at least two goalkeepers all better than Ramsdale without having spent silly on fees. It's so telling that when you look at bottom/mid table teams most have got two good options or more with at least one experienced top level keeper in their side to take pressure off a younger keeper.

Brighton - Ryan and Sanchez
Southampton - McCarthy and Forster
Newcastle - Dubravka and Darlow
Burnley - Pope and Peacock-Farrell
Palace - Guaita, Hennessey and Butland
Leeds - Casilla and Mellier
Fulham - Areola and Rodak
Villa - Martinez, Heaton and Steer
West Ham - Fabianksi and Randolph
Wolves Patricio and Ruddy

Other than possibly Peacock-Farrell I'd argue every teams second or even third choice choice is a better or more experienced keeper than Ramsdale. Which begs the question why did Wilder buy him for so much?
Casilla is poor but I take your point. Even fellas who used to be third choice goalies like David Button and Jason Steel are better than Rammers, have similar U21 caps and could have been signed for a couple of million

Casilla is poor but I take your point. Even fellas who used to be third choice goalies like David Button and Jason Steel are better than Rammers, have similar U21 caps and could have been signed for a couple of million
I'd probably agree with you on Casilla he has dropped off massively from his Real Madrid/Espanyol days but he must be great to have around for Meslier's development. Meslier makes mistakes like Ramsdale but at least shows signs of being a very good shot stopper and has won them points (us at home to name 1).

I'd probably agree with you on Casilla he has dropped off massively from his Real Madrid/Espanyol days but he must be great to have around for Meslier's development. Meslier makes mistakes like Ramsdale but at least shows signs of being a very good shot stopper and has won them points (us at home to name 1).
I was looking at Rammers stats today and every 5-6 games he has a very good game, circa 7 or 8 out of 10, with the other games in between being 3s and 4s out of 10. He is super inconsistent and we probably would have been better served with a steady Eddie type 6/10 every week. I wonder if we just need to wait as he is so young, and keepers peak later in their career. But then you look at the likes of Hendo and to a lesser extent Meslier and they just look like they belong in the premier even at a young age. All this whilst Rammers us saddled with the tag if second most expensive English goalie ever.

I was looking at Rammers stats today and every 5-6 games he has a very good game, circa 7 or 8 out of 10, with the other games in between being 3s and 4s out of 10. He is super inconsistent and we probably would have been better served with a steady Eddie type 6/10 every week. I wonder if we just need to wait as he is so young, and keepers peak later in their career. But then you look at the likes of Hendo and to a lesser extent Meslier and they just look like they belong in the premier even at a young age. All this whilst Rammers us saddled with the tag if second most expensive English goalie ever.

I agree that he's not the finished article by a long shot but not many keepers are at his age. Meslier another young keeper with potential but has had some absolute stinkers this season, it would be easy to pick faults at any keeper week in week out. Ultimately our performances throughout the team are below par from the back all the way to the front. The young newbie in net is an easy target/scapegoat in a poor side this season.

Hi, Stegosaurus here

Im not one to toot my own horn, but I called him shit long ago. Glad others are agreeing with me.

First time today I think he could do with dropping, although the alternatives are no better it could be worth it to save Ramsdale. He's a decent enough keeper that could look alright in a decent enough team but his confidence is totally shot at the moment. Looks like he'll get nowhere near every ball he comes for

Last edited:
Uncanny how many professional goalies we have on here.

He’s a young Sheffield lad trying to defend a goal with defenders who are are conceding goals.

How about cutting him some slack and supporting him
He's not from Sheffield.

I'm just glad he's packed it in wearing those twattish short sleeved goalkeeper shirts.

He's no Fabian Barthez or Claudio Taffarel.

In fact he's barely a Lee Baxter at this fucking rate.

First time today I think he could do with dropping, although the alternatives are no better it could be worth it to save Ramsdale. He's a decent enough keeper that could look alright in a decent enough team but his confidence is totally shot at the moment. Looks like he'll get nowhere near every ball he comes for
There have been a number of occasions (that I can't remember off the top of my head) where he should be coming out of his goal and clattering everybody and at the very least punching the ball clear. He doesn't. He comes for it a step or two then retreats again. He's petrified of either hurting himself or a defender.

If he's got an £18m price tag (let's not split hairs about how the finance of the deal works) then the British Market is well and truly fucked.

He's not good enough.

It was obvious from the off that they'd really got something in them. Can we really say the same about Ramsdale? He's all over.

I think he needs a season or so at a lower level. But that's how we should be talking about a £500,000 keeper, not a £20m one. We've really spent badly here.
We haven't spent badly, Wilder has. And therein lies the problem!

He did have a chance with the goals. He didn't have his back to the ball in any of them or was blindfolded.

The first one will go down as Bogle's fault for failing to attempt a header to clear. OK, I agree.

But the ball is in the 6 yard area. That is the keepers area. Nobody should be winning a header in the 6 yard box from a corner. Nobody. The keeper should be screaming its his, clatter through everyone and at the very very least, make an effort to punch it. He made zero effort whatsoever. And I've forgot to mention the spooned clearance in the first minute. So yeah, despite Bogle being piss weak in his defending, don't remove any blame from Ramsdale.

Second goal, the ball was hardly in the postage stamp at 70mph was it? It was a daisy cutter straight down the middle. Why was he so slow getting down?

The third will be classed as a reyt goal, indeed it was. Ronaldo scores it we're shown repeats for weeks. But it was in the air for what seemed like an age. He jumps for it despite it being 10 foot over his head. Why bother? At the very least, run backwards with the flight of the ball and give yourself some sort of a chance. Again, good goal so I will take some blame off him. I just think he went down far too early.

Then we have the attempt at a sliding save that he completely fucks up, unchallenged which Egan bails him out of.

I gave him a clean slate at the start of the season. Not once have I compared him to Henderson and I said that from the off. But oh how I wish we had spent £18m loaning that guy back. Even paying him £300k a week would have been cheaper than £18m Ramsdale. And less costly in other ways too.

Staggering waste of money.

We haven't spent badly, Wilder has. And therein lies the problem!
He's walked in a sweet shop with an unlimited amount of money and bought liquorice and Turkish delight.

(I don't like those 2 so that reference may only apply to myself. They're both disgusting).

Must be a priority to replace him in the summer. Cannot for the life of me see Aaron Ramsdale being a stalwart in a promotion winning side. He’s simply not very good. Even in the championship the same issues will occur constantly regarding his positioning and lack of presence. Lower table Championship at best, which is incredibly generous. Wilder’s worst signing.
Opposition tactics:

Shoot at every opportunity.

Even without his role in the 3 goals, Rammers was flipping awful today. He struggled with the basics. Around 100 people marked him at an average of 3.5 on this site. He did terribly. You need to recognise this. To balance it out everyone played badly except Didz and he did play well on Tuesday. To summarise he is not one of our better players and he drags the average mark down, and seems to have 1 very good game every 5/6 he plays. He needs to get a lot better if he ever wants to play in the PL again. His form is probably mid table

He did have a chance with the goals. He didn't have his back to the ball in any of them or was blindfolded.

The first one will go down as Bogle's fault for failing to attempt a header to clear. OK, I agree.

But the ball is in the 6 yard area. That is the keepers area. Nobody should be winning a header in the 6 yard box from a corner. Nobody. The keeper should be screaming its his, clatter through everyone and at the very very least, make an effort to punch it. He made zero effort whatsoever. And I've forgot to mention the spooned clearance in the first minute. So yeah, despite Bogle being piss weak in his defending, don't remove any blame from Ramsdale.

Second goal, the ball was hardly in the postage stamp at 70mph was it? It was a daisy cutter straight down the middle. Why was he so slow getting down?

The third will be classed as a reyt goal, indeed it was. Ronaldo scores it we're shown repeats for weeks. But it was in the air for what seemed like an age. He jumps for it despite it being 10 foot over his head. Why bother? At the very least, run backwards with the flight of the ball and give yourself some sort of a chance. Again, good goal so I will take some blame off him. I just think he went down far too early.

Then we have the attempt at a sliding save that he completely fucks up, unchallenged which Egan bails him out of.

I gave him a clean slate at the start of the season. Not once have I compared him to Henderson and I said that from the off. But oh how I wish we had spent £18m loaning that guy back. Even paying him £300k a week would have been cheaper than £18m Ramsdale. And less costly in other ways too.

Staggering waste of money.
Are you a retired goalie Ainsley !
Ramsdale is a young keeper who is learning his trade far from the finished product but hopefully will get there.
Saying he should have claimed the corner is unrealistic,no way could he have got to the ball it was a really good corner ! Plenty of pace and flat.Dont even think it was Bogles fault listening to Wilder ! I think someone else as delegated to deal with the scorer.If Bogle was that player it was poor planning as he is lightweight and would stand no chance in an aerial battle with the spurs scorer( aurio?) he was stood near him but just wasnt aware with what was happening.
As I said if he was the marker it was bad planning.
He had no chance with the other two and sold down the river by poor play in non dangerous areas,just what is a no danger area to us this season we give the ball away at an alarming rate and poor old Ramme's takes the blame,,he's not blameless for our troubles fair enough but he is far from the worst culprit.

Ramsdale is a young keeper who is learning his trade far from the finished product but hopefully will get there.
Saying he should have claimed the corner is unrealistic,no way could he have got to the ball it was a really good corner ! Plenty of pace and flat.Dont even think it was Bogles fault listening to Wilder ! I think someone else as delegated to deal with the scorer.If Bogle was that player it was poor planning as he is lightweight and would stand no chance in an aerial battle with the spurs scorer( aurio?) he was stood near him but just wasnt aware with what was happening.
He had no chance with the other two and sold down the river by poor play in non dangerous areas,just what is a no danger area to us this season we give the ball away at an alarming rate and poor old Ramme's takes the blame,,he's not blameless for our troubles fair enough but he is far from the worst culprit.
If you had to be a retired footballer to have an opinion on it, this forum wouldn’t exist.

Im not a goalkeeper. My mate is (not a massive level). He should come for the first and clatter everyone. He should get closer to the second. His words.

He shouldn't shank his kicks after 50 seconds. Twice in 2 games he's shanked his kicks.

We've spent £18m on a keeper who by your admission is "learning his trade". You do not spend that amount on anyone who is 'learning his trade'.

I didn't say he should have claimed the corner. He should clatter everyone and make an effort to get there. Stands still. Does nowt.

Back
Top Bottom