Ramsdale’s little jump

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Why does Ramsdale do his wanky little jump before diving? Seems to wrong foot him every time and he dives backwards into the net. Any GKs out there please tell me there’s some method behind it
Cos he’s wank end of! Where are the clappers, Albonick have you got anything to add big man?

Paddy made some right howlers but at the same time he was a confident shot stopper and did get a few MOTM's. Henderson made some howlers last year too but he is an arrogant confident person.

Ramsdale however...................

Uncanny how many professional goalies we have on here.

He’s a young Sheffield lad trying to defend a goal with defenders who are are conceding goals.

How about cutting him some slack and supporting him

He's not the reason we lost today but it's understable why patience is a little thin, considering our position.

Sadly I feel that dropping him may actually be cutting him some slack. He makes a shit decision, a half-clanger or a clanger every single game. That's no exaggeration. You don't need to be a professional goalkeeper to see that his confidence is clearly shot to shit.

WTF has Rammers done wrong for any of the goals today, the defence fucked up the first from the corner, then our players gave the fucking ball away in the midfiled for the second and fantastic third.
If that 3rd had been scored by tit head Maradonna, Messi, Ronaldo or Currie everyone would be raving about it., Watch it again, he knew exactly what he was doing and where all are defenders and where Rammers was, nowt any fucker could have done about that.
At the moment yes his confidence is low, and perhaps a bit of time on the bench would do him good, but don't slag the poor lad off for those goals.
first goal bogle s fault but he was 4 yards out the 6 yard box should be keepers ball and he wasnt blocked off should be coming for it . i dont like slagging utd players but if wed paid 1 million for ramsdale id be upset never mind 18 million

How has focus turned to bashing Rammer's?

I accept he was a little bit all over shop but I don't think he did anything to warrant a slaughtering today.

I'm a fan too, he's gonna be good and let's call it a day for this season cus we're fucked anyway..

But watching the first goal back he's pissing about shoving bogle as the ball is kicked, he wasn't watching the corner kicker, and that's really piss poor...

first goal bogle s fault but he was 4 yards out the 6 yard box should be keepers ball and he wasnt blocked off should be coming for it . i dont like slagging utd players but if wed paid 1 million for ramsdale id be upset never mind 18 million

Lol.. Just saying similar..

I've been patient and lenient with Ramsdale. Sometimes had the odd criticism about his reflexes. But I can no longer defend him anymore... When he comes out to punch or "flap at" the ball in the air, I fear the worse. There have been just far too many examples already of errors... silly ones at that to ignore.

I've said it in a post a few months back that he is a very unorthodox keeper. I've even heard commentators on matches say the same. The back spring is correct thing to do in those situations, but Ramsdale does it with as much flair as a donkey would. His positioning is appalling. The last real bad goalkeeper I remember was Steve "In orbit" Simmonson, and he didn't make goalkeeping look half as difficult as Ramsdale does.

Why was it worth the risk to get an unorthodox keeper in the first place?
I suppose some people would say Henderson was a little unorthodox, in some parts he was, largely I put it down to confidence.

I really want to see the giant Verrips get a game. I've only seen glimpses of him and I was quite happy with what I've seen. So time to push this guy into the deep end and give Ramsdale a couple of games off to work on his agility and reflexes and hopefully give it another bash if Verrips doesn't work out. Wilder is willing to keep our record signing sat on the bench until late into games, so why can't we just see someone else in net if we "have nothing to lose"?

This is in no way a dig at you, mate, honestly. But in cricket trigger movements are a refinement to your game that you start to introduce only after you have the basics absolutely right. Those basics are that your head is completely still and, most importantly, balanced. Good players introduce them more as they move up in standard and play against genuinely quick bowlers. The problem with them is that there are just too many moving parts when you are out of form. That's when you go back to basics and get your head and central core balance back.

Do you think Rammers might benefit from going back to basics a bit more? It seems to me that his trigger movement just delays his reaction slightly and it makes him look a bit slower than usual to the ball. Not good for a Prem keeper.

UTB
Yes I know that, play Yorkshire premier league cricket myself tbf and had to develop a trigger in the sport, moving from second team SYCL div 1 cricket into the first team at Yorkshire league level

I believe it can be translated to football in someway, the higher you go the fast balls come at you. It would be impossible to save a shot at the speeds of higher levels without a trigger.

I agree that like in cricket when you are out of form and possibly not up to the level. Your triggers get distorted and can leave you wanting and slow to react to the ball.

I think it comes back to being as simplistic as you can mate, think every goalie at prem level needs some sort of pre shot. However exaggerated or minimalistic it is. Deffinetly something ramsdale can look at!

Faith in Darren Ward to sort it out though, and hopefully England can knock these last 30 odd runs off in the morning 😂

I want to believe that Ramsdale will come good, but the longer this goes on, the more I have my doubts. It has to be said now that he looks a poor keeper on half a season's showing.

I think pretty much every single game this season, he's made at least one fuck up. They're not always punished, sometimes it's just a dropped cross that doesn't cost us, but there is always one. That is a very very bad trait.

In the cold light of day tomorrow am gonna watch the whole game again.

I’m a gk coach at step 4 non league and use to play step 3 non legaue up until two year ago.

It acts as a trigger movement like triggers when batting in cricket. Watch a lot of goalkeepers around the world and you will see it. from mind, De Gea and Neuer have a big trigger jump.

I try and stop the lads I coach having a huge one, just need a small set and ready. Not a big bound and set. Just gets your feet ready to spring and helps you not have planted weight on the balls of your feet and helps
I’m a gk coach at step 4 non league and use to play step 3 non legaue up until two year ago.

It acts as a trigger movement like triggers when batting in cricket. Watch a lot of goalkeepers around the world and you will see it. from mind, De Gea and Neuer have a big trigger jump.

I try and stop the lads I coach having a huge one, just need a small set and ready. Not a big bound and set. Just gets your feet ready to spring and helps you not have planted weight on the balls of your feet and helps the springing motion.
Like this, thanks 👍🏻 (Just to let you I’m not being sarcastic)

Yes I know that, play Yorkshire premier league cricket myself tbf and had to develop a trigger in the sport, moving from second team SYCL div 1 cricket into the first team at Yorkshire league level

I believe it can be translated to football in someway, the higher you go the fast balls come at you. It would be impossible to save a shot at the speeds of higher levels without a trigger.

I agree that like in cricket when you are out of form and possibly not up to the level. Your triggers get distorted and can leave you wanting and slow to react to the ball.

I think it comes back to being as simplistic as you can mate, think every goalie at prem level needs some sort of pre shot. However exaggerated or minimalistic it is. Deffinetly something ramsdale can look at!

Faith in Darren Ward to sort it out though, and hopefully England can knock these last 30 odd runs off in the morning 😂
Going back to the Neuer comment as well, his is exaggerated into a big jump. But he is a freak athlete and the best in the world for a number of years...

with Ramsdale limited agility, I do think a smaller more basic movement would help. But there’s a reason Darren Ward is one of UK’s top goalkeeper coaches and I’m a non league one, I’m sure he has things in the pipeline and theories for him 🙌

but I don’t think he is a premier league goalkeeper. I think he may end up a more expensive George long

I think his basic technique is so poor it’s difficult to seem him coming good. He’s not helped by some pathetic defending in front of him but that doesn’t excuse him not being able to catch, dive or get in the right positions!

Anyone know why Verrips has not been on the bench last 2 games and foderingham has?
It seems very odd as Foderingham to most pundits is a jobbing League 1 stopper signed as cover.
I presume its more messages from Wilder to the board as Verrips is clearly a Van Winckel signing.
Presume Wilder not naming a full bench is further evidence of his petulance.
I really like Wilder but he is not looking after the club here with what he is doing about the GK and bench situation. Wish the journos would ask him about it...

I know he has made some errors, Didn't Tracey and Ned Kelly and Padds do the same, but they turned out ok. A rest hopefully would do him good.
It was obvious from the off that they'd really got something in them. Can we really say the same about Ramsdale? He's all over.

I think he needs a season or so at a lower level. But that's how we should be talking about a £500,000 keeper, not a £20m one. We've really spent badly here.

Ramsdale needs dropping and then selling. He’s one of the worst keepers I’ve seen at the lane.

Although Bogle should have done better Ramsdale should either come and collect or stay on his line and save it.

He did what he usually does and did neither.

We basically start a goal down with him in the net.

Made me laugh when the commentators called his punch a ‘flap’ - sums him up

His trigger movement seems to take him away from the ball e.g the Man City goal.

I also don’t like his positioning on set pieces. First goal today case in point.

You aim vaguely for the corner and it’s in.

A very poor signing, who I suspect will not be first choice in a years time.

There's things you can pin on Ramsdale, but not that first goal, that was entirely on Bogle.

Arguably not on any of them today, the other two were entirely on Norwood

Unfortunately for the lad and for the club, I think this might be chalked off as 20million down the drain. I would give him a rest I think, let the other Championship keepers we have on the books ship a few goals and bring him back in when there's nothing to play for. Hopefully he'll be good enough for the Championship, but from what we've seen he's no better than Moore at the moment.

He makes a few good saves, but what keeper doesn't? With keepers, they are always going to get judged on the goals they concede and I think you'd probably find about 15 examples that a good keeper would save this season already.

The stats are telling, both of Ramsdale and the teams defending.
98F74ADB-7D9B-42E3-86DF-28B6F1A69E5B.jpeg

Anyone know why Verrips has not been on the bench last 2 games and foderingham has?
It seems very odd as Foderingham to most pundits is a jobbing League 1 stopper signed as cover.
I presume its more messages from Wilder to the board as Verrips is clearly a Van Winckel signing.
Presume Wilder not naming a full bench is further evidence of his petulance.
I really like Wilder but he is not looking after the club here with what he is doing about the GK and bench situation. Wish the journos would ask him about it...
They daren’t mate

I totally get people being critical of the performances of Ramsdale, but I do feel for the lad in many ways.

He didn't choose or pay the fee to sign him.
He ain't trying to play poorly, irrespective of the end result.
He ain't the manager so can't drop himself.
He can't help it we had a great goalkeeper before he joined.

The criticism should be more aimed at the management and board. I don't know but I strongly suspect the lad is distraught at the performances, and his confidence must be beyond broken at present.

Imagine trying your best at work and getting caned all the time, it's got to destroy your belief.

The guy is absolute dog shit.

Going from Dean Henderson to Ramsdale is like splitting up with Kelly Brook and then getting together with Susan Boyle.

It’s so bloody depressing.
To be fair if you were dating Kelly Brook, you'd need to visualise Susan Boyle to get it down again.

Her distribution is probably slightly better than AR's as well.

UTB

Back
Top Bottom