Match Thread Sheffield United v. Tottenham Hotspur - 17th January 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
TOTT
TOTT
TOTT
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1610750585640.png v. 1610750600016.png
EPL Week 19 - Sunday 17th January 2021 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-tottenham-hotspur.527/

Officials:

Referee:
Andre Marriner
Assistant Referee: Richard West
Assistant Referee: Mark Scholes
Fourth Official: Robert Jones
Video Assistant Referee: Mike Dean
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Andy Halliday

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2021-01-17 at 12.25.18.png

Last edited:

It's bad enough not being able to attend games but I'm struggling to remember a season so flat in my time since starting watching us in '81.

Yeah we've obviously had worse teams and spent years in the third tier but I can't remember a season where I've felt there's nothing other than pride to play for before even the halfway stage.

I'm at the point where each game just feels like a glorified friendly.

I'm not even optimistic about next season because some of our key players of recent seasons look shot.

Completely out of our depth, Fleck has a free cross there and just hits it behind. We look like a lower table championship side playing a champions league team.

We may as well chuck a few strikers on now and ‘have a go’. We wont win so may as well try something more offensive.

out of possession we have been horrendous no one trying to find space to receive the ball, no movement, no pressing. In possession not much better.

Not sure that you can challenge and conspiracy theories on here
We had the ball on our own goal line and rammers was fouled by kane. If that was at the other end the ref would be blowing quicker than katy price in a whorehouse

I do find it funny how quickly everyone is forgetting that they were all crying out for Norwood to play when he was out of the team at the start of the season
Same old story as every game Norwood plays........... give him time ala Newcastle he will shine.

Get 1 player putting pressure on him and he crumbles

That corner before half time sums us up. Hate turning on players but personally I’ve never been a fan of Norwood. Soooo slow. How many times have we seen that loose pass that’s guaranteed every single game. Fucking joke now.

It's bad enough not being able to attend games but I'm struggling to remember a season so flat in my time since starting watching us in '81.

Yeah we've obviously had worse teams and spent years in the third tier but I can't remember a season where I've felt there's nothing other than pride to play for before even the halfway stage.

I'm at the point where each game just feels like a glorified friendly.

I'm not even optimistic about next season because some of our key players of recent seasons look shot.

6 hours ago most of this forum seemed to think we were going to stay up

So let's not be too harsh, our fans are much less consistent than our players

Huffing and puffing, trying hard, giving away possession cheaply, conceding poor goals...the same old story, I'm afraid.

Spurs scored early (credit to Bogle for literally watching Aurier, maybe he'll learn how to jump?), should have had 2, then inexplicably sat back (which they seem to do this season for no reason) and let us have a bit of possession and look like we're competitive. Ampadu was easily winning the pass to the opposition competition but Norwood wasn't letting him have it his own way. 2-0 down. You have to think that if they could be bothered, they could get a hatful. Special mention to Lunny for doing absolutely nothing, very slowly.

Reference Lee Hendrie

Attachments

• 4421AB33-74BC-4E98-8D85-68E8E225AF55.jpeg
    4421AB33-74BC-4E98-8D85-68E8E225AF55.jpeg
    277.1 KB · Views: 4
2 bad goals to concede, and we don't make the most out of good positions.
Ollie Burke has done well up top, hope he can get himself a goal.

pathetic.

turned it off after the second goal, I’ll be back in September when all this shit is over

the gulf in class between these teams is enormous.
Frightening thing is, what have Spurs done of any note?

A team that could a. Mark from set pieces and b. Not cough up possession in places where there is no need to would have been in at 0-0.

Chucking chances away because the so-called experienced players like Norwood and Fleck (Leicester) can't do the basics that your average U16s team has already mastered. It really is depressing when you see the goals we are capable of giving away.

We may do a WBA performance. Get Brewster, Sharp and Baldock on. Norwood, Fleck and Stevens off.

Back
Top Bottom