Match Thread Sheffield United v. Newcastle United - 12th January 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
NEWC
NEWC
NEWC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1610398443673.png v. 1610398451062.png
EPL Week 18 - Tuesday 12th January 2021 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-newcastle-united.526/

Officials:

Referee:
Andy Madley
Assistant Referee: Eddie Smart
Assistant Referee: Derek Eaton
Fourth Official: Lee Mason
Video Assistant Referee: Robert Jones
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Mark Scholes

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

1610471392134.png

Last edited:

Who’d have thought playing the midfield three that’s played our best football in the prem first half of the season before we signed berge would make us resemble something like we did last season
Except Fleck and Norwood have been awful, today back to what they were last season.

Brilliant performance so far, got a bit of confidence in our play again. Got to make it count second half though. Their bus will be well and truly parked.

Being already relegated and with only two points, I have to say that is one impressive half!

Its just brilliant to see our old Blades back. Please please please give us a bit of luck ye gods.
By the way I thought the sending of was a bit harsh.

Reyt half but should have capitalised. Would have preferred em to have 10 men because it'll be a mission trying to break them down now they'll go even more negative.

Who’d have thought playing the midfield three that’s played our best football in the prem first half of the season before we signed berge would make us resemble something like we did last season
I'd take off Norwood or Fleck now and stick on Moose or Sharp. Have to push on. 1 point is no use
Midfield has been excellent and you want to take one off ffs

Completely agree, showed so much intent and commitment that half.
Actually looked composed on the ball for once. Every bit premier league today, just need that goal.

I'd take off Norwood or Fleck now and stick on Moose or Sharp. Have to push on. 1 point is no use

I was going to say the same, maybe give it 15 mins then put on a striker for a midfielder and McGoldrick behind the front two if we’re not leading.

Completely dominant, worrying its 0-0.

Bruce is braindead.
9 Defensive players against 20th in the league, no wonder they want him sacked.

By far our best half of football in a long time, going back to last season. Should be ahead it's the only thing missing.

So what's different? We look hungry to win the ball back, we have an intensity to our attacking play. Players are moving off the ball. The guy in possession has options, not just backwards. The obvious caveat is that Newcastle are fucking awful.

I love Burke. Has the pace and power that we've missed for so long. And I don't buy this first touch good, second touch woeful. The miss against BR was poor but did bobble up on him. A bit of confidence, a bit of self believe and he could be very good for us. With his physical attributes if he was a good finisher he wouldn't be playing for us as he'd be out of our league cost wise.

So, in conclusion, Newcastle win this 0 - 1.

The fuck? Forgot we was capable of a half like that.

If they can sustain the intensity and with them down to 10 men its promising.

Still bloody nervous mind.

Blades will definitely bag 3 or 4 goals. If not tonight, then later on.
(I'm only messing. It's not a negative post or a dig at anyone)

Don't think Norwood is having a bad game to be honest. Fleck on the other hand...
I meant prior to this game. I think Fleck's been ok without doing anything great but I still look to him for the odd goal...maybe today?

Sending off was harsh, but so was Egan's last season against Newcastle.

Really strong 1st half, really enjoyed that.

This is the best chance we'll ever get. Going to be even more gutting than usual

Back
Top Bottom