Match Thread Chelsea v. Sheffield United - 7th November 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

CHE
CHE
CHE

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1604585800720.png v.1604585807585.png
EPL Week 8 - Saturday 7th November 2020 - Stamford Bridge

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/chelsea-vs-sheffield-united.516/

Officials:

Referee:
Jonathan Moss
Assistant Referee: Marc Perry
Assistant Referee: Simon Long
Fourth Official: Stuart Attwell
Video Assistant Referee: Kevin Friend
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Simon Beck

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2020-11-05 at 14.27.10.png

Weve had this coming tbh
Fucking too right, let’s hope this humbling finally makes us drop stubborn, scared, overplaying, hoof football. Please change something during the break CWAK we bloody love you but this is ominously becoming a season we all want to forget.

Ranieri got sacked which no one expected i agree with the other guy saying Wilder's job is at risk he's lost of our last 10/11 games so unless he has a plan B he's in trouble...

For me what is the biggest worry. Is the lack of composure. Lowe giving away a needless free kick and then hacking the ball back towards his own goal. Midfield lacking any form of control. The pressure is on and as a team they are letting it get to them. They need to get a grip on things in the next few games. A change in formation is needed. 4411.

Well now that this fixture is over the season restarts again. The next few fixtures are obviously crucial. I am afraid morale has taken too much of a hit. Wilder will have a lot of work to do to get their heads up and everyone raring to go again.

There are still hope he can turn it around but it is not looking good, is it? Still, a win next match and we will be confident again.

Hopefully a hammering is what they need. Narrow defeats lead to a bit of complacency (“not getting the breaks etc.”). This will hopefully go force a change in attitude. some simple changes that might help:

1. Osborn at left back again.
2. Use Burke again. We desperately lack pace.
3. Move the ball quicker when we have it. Hesitancy just invited more pressure.
4. Pray to the football gods that Fleck, Mousset and O’Connell make miraculous recoveries.

Laboured - slow and ponderous agreed. - just hope we can show some spirit and go for it against the lesser PL teams. The results so far say no though if a draw against Fulham is only point we have. West Ham and West Brom critical games

Lack of intensity in our play. Ponderous throughout. Simple passes misplaced and a lack of quality in possession. None of our players show the ability to carry the ball beyond an opponent in the final third. Recipe for disaster.

How bad must Bogle be? Imagine not making the bench with this shower of shit.

I’ve had a go at Blades having a go at CW but these performances and selections are unacceptable. I’m not going to call for his head but nor would I be upset if HRH made the change... it may be the only way to save our PL status

Not sure why they came out for second half as they have contributed nothing. Work rate shite, no pressing and just sat on our own 18 yard box, hacking balls up to our forwards and hoping for the best. £60m on Mcburnie, Ramsdale and Brewster.

Last edited:
We look like a school who have won a raffle. Absolute piss poor. Wilder has a couple of games to sort it or he should rightfully be under pressure. 100mill on a championship squad who cant string 5 passes together or threaten a goal! We are losing every game with the most negative mentality and about 30% possession. Dont get me started on the hoof shit! We are going down at this rate!

chelsea looked every bit premier league, composed, aggressive and quality!

Next time someone mentions 'boy-wonder' Brewster I'm going to kick them in the nuts. £24 million you're having a laugh
55 years a blade and this is down there with the worst...

Last year we were a squad where the sum of its parts was much greater than the individuals in the squad.

No disrespect to any players, but for the most part we are a bunch of overachievers from the lower leagues all playing at the top of their games. Which made us great, fascinating, exciting, different and frankly made us Sheffield United.

This year we have lost all team dynamic, and being blunt look devoid of confidance, ideas, organisation and cohesion - more worryingly seem to lack belief and passion. We look like a team who will go down with a whimper.

I'll say that Wilder had my complete confidence, we can go down bottom and he is still the only man I'd want leading us out next year.

However we need to react and so does Chris. He can't keep saying that the players lack confidence, or the players keep making the wrong decisions ay both ends of the pitch. For me he's got to come out admit we've been shite and it's the system / tactics as much as the individuals as to why we are in this position.

Last year we were a squad where the sum of its parts was much greater than the individuals in the squad.

No disrespect to any players, but for the most part we are a bunch of overachievers from the lower leagues all playing at the top of their games. Which made us great, fascinating, exciting, different and frankly made us Sheffield United.

This year we have lost all team dynamic, and being blunt look devoid of confidance, ideas, organisation and cohesion - more worryingly seem to lack belief and passion. We look like a team who will go down with a whimper.

I'll say that Wilder had my complete confidence, we can go down bottom and he is still the only man I'd want leading us out next year.

However we need to react and so does Chris. He can't keep saying that the players lack confidence, or the players keep making the wrong decisions ay both ends of the pitch. For me he's got to come out admit we've been shite and it's the system / tactics as much as the individuals as to why we are in this position.
Clapper!!

Playing the same way game after game,with the same end result,madness.

This team and tactics would struggle in the league below.

Wonder how Wilder will preview the WHU game.
I think it's courageous, well actually I don't but I couldn't remember how to spell ssendam to league 2 :D

That right there is why we are a DELIBERATE longball team, Berge gets it and has no one within 40 yards of him but tries not to hoof and gives it away
We're a deliberate long ball team but Berge gets it and tries not to hoof it? Make your mind up 🤣

Wow we are really shit. I’m annoyed so I can’t coherently post right now but to start with:

• We can’t defend
  • Our left hand side is shocking (Stevens and Lundstram have been shit and Lowe is also pretty bad)
  • George can’t cross
  • Brewster looks lost
  • We can’t defend crosses
  • If a team presses us we go to shit
  • Ramsdale is shot of confidence and doesn’t even look an average PL keeper based on tonight
  • Our forward line is shocking
  • Plan B is worse than plan A

We are going down this season, I don’t care if we’ve just played 3 good teams. We played Chelsea last season and didn’t pull our pants down like today.

Seeing brewster get done for pace by a 36 year old cb did my nut in
In fairness to all our strikers, we buy them knowing what strengths they have, the service they all get is criminal. Thats because the defence smash it long and aimlessly bypass midfield. And then the midfield lack any creativity and composure to play football and pass it back to defence to smash it long.

we are good at defending but not for over 2/3rds of the game against a european powerhouse.

Back
Top Bottom