Match Thread Sheffield United v. Wolverhampton Wanderers - 14th Sept 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
WOLV
WOLV
WOLV
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1599858740966.png v. 1599858748244.png
EPL Week 1 - Monday 14th September 2020 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.p...ffield-united-vs-wolverhampton-wanderers.509/

Officials:

Referee:
Mike Dean
Assistant Referee: Darren Cann
Assistant Referee: Mark Scholes
Fourth Official: Lee Mason
Video Assistant Referee: Graham Scott
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Derek Eaton

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

1599858891167.png

nah they aren't talking Brighton Chelsea, they are talking Chelsea. Brighton aren't interesting or fashionable either

Reactions: Dkc
Not confident here, I'd take a 3-0 win now.
I know that wouldn't put us top alphabetically but it is only one game into the season. There's no pleasing you lot.

I'm pleased that we've strengthened the squad this summer but slightly concerned that we've only added one player to our starting line up, and he's in goal, whilst we lacked creativity and finishers last season. We were among the lowest scorers in the division last season.

Last summer we signed a load of players and only Henderson and McBurnie made the starting line up regularly until Berge came along. This summer we've signed six players and only Ramsdale is likely to start.

We need Wilder to find a striker or two from somewhere or it's going to be a long season.

I'm not saying Wilder is wrong as we needed competition for Baldock and Stevens, and we needed to replace Henderson, but to see last season's team line up is slightly disheartening when other teams have all strengthened their starting eleven.

Last edited:
The transfer window is supposed to improve the starting XI yet ours just looks worse from last season.

I’m no football expert but Gary Neville has just said wolves can pin our back 5 back with 4 players leaving the wide areas exposed.

Then went to say lunny or fleck would have to cover wide.

did a whole analysis on it then at the end realised we have a spare CB in that scenario which totally blew his theory apart.

I’m no football expert but Gary Neville has just said wolves can pin our back 5 back with 4 players leaving the wide areas exposed.

Then went to say lunny or fleck would have to cover wide.

did a whole analysis on it then at the end realised we have a spare CB in that scenario which totally blew his theory apart.

“Unless JOC or Basham do something crazy like run up the pitch...”

Did he watch us last season hahaha

Plus also, if wolves commit that many players forward we have the run of midfield

Will be entirely happy with a point here. I hope Wolves' European exploits count against them but not convinced. Especially when JOC has had no football and Lunny very little.

Let’s ave it . Come on Blades , let’s get off to a good start . UTB

I don't know about anybody else but when I hear pundits say espirito santo It sounds like a harry potter spell

I don't know about anybody else but when I hear pundits say espirito santo It sounds like a harry potter spell

I always think of Catholic mass.

"In the name of the father, the son and the holy ghost. Nuno Espirito Santo. Amen."

Absolutely spineless half hearted lunge from Lundstram cost us dearly awful start.

For fuck's sake. Well, it's a hard long slog uphill from here. 3 minutes down. 87 minutes to go. 😖

Back
Top Bottom