message from Deano

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

A great young keeper and an elite level shithouser when he felt like it. More importantly he seemed to get us, and really bought into what we were about.

I will miss seeing him, but it's time for our 'next chapter' too, and we need to kick on with a new keeper, one who actually is "one of our own"too.

Best kind of business....when everyone’s a winner.

He was good for us....we were good for him...the arrangement was good for Man United.
If we depart...it’s all been on good terms...he’s fitted in well at the club...wish him well in the future.

That message sounds like a goodbye mesage....I reckon he’ll end up on loan at Leeds, Burnley or Villa.
Still think it’s too early to play for Man Utd next season...he’s still very young with plenty of time to develop.

The best loan signing the club has ever made.

After 3 or 4 games I watched him make the wonder save against Norwich and thought to myself this kid is going to be a top class keeper and I wasn’t wrong.

After he came in he was integral to everything we’ve achieved since, embraced what the club is about, and has shown how much this club means to him.

He has been fairly open and honest that his aim to become number 1 at Manchester United, and that is entirely his prerogative and I’m glad he made it known right from the start, and I can only admire the lads ambition and confidence.

I’ve been a Unitedite since the 80s, and for me he is undoubtedly the best goalkeeper I’ve seen us have, and I’ve seen us have some superb goalkeepers.

I’m sad he is wishing us farewell now, but I’m thankful for everything he did for us, and can only wish that he continues kicking on for his club, gets in the England squad and becomes first choice for our country.

Still it is what it is, I wish he could stay here for longer but we’ve got another exciting goalkeeeper coming in and he also deserves the same kind of support that Deano has enjoyed and I’m hopeful we have swapped one cracking goalie for another

Brilliant keeper, made some unbelievable saves for us over the past 2 years. Hope he goes on to establish himself as number one for Man U & England.

Possibly his strongest ability is how he backs himself to recover from a mistake and that he can take the stick that comes with it. That alone will stand him in good stead with England as a few before him have crumbled from that.

Not sure I would give him such big accolades.

Lets not forget that for some games he hardly had anything to do.
At the Lane it was a very common saying. Our defence would be under loads of pressure but we’d all say
“we can’t be doing that bad because Henderson has hardly touched the ball”

The quality of Henderson was mainly shot stopping, he’d hardly be involved, then pull out a really good save.
However don’t think I’ve ever seen him under the cosh, being man of the match puling off multiple saves.

Let’s not forget he had a fantastic defence in front of him offering him protection...so at this stage Kelly, Rees and Tracey were better.

Got to say been an inspired loan signing for last 2 seasons, he's helped us we helped him; he made no secret of the fact he wants no1 at OT. I say good luck to the lad he's young keen and a quick learner, thanks for the memories Hendo.

Back
Top Bottom