Outgoing? David Brooks

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

just gone off again injured. lad can't catch a break. don't think it's too serious though.

He did ok on Sunday get him back ASAP

Interesting view as I thought he was poor - repeatedly trying to do to much with the ball in non-threatening areas with very little end product and ending-up losing the ball on numerous occasions. His shot that tested Schmeichel was the one exception.

Quality player but he is injury prone. Can’t argue against it. No way are a club paying £35m

Quality player but he is injury prone. Can’t argue against it. No way are a club paying £35m

Clubs can often tell the difference between a player who's injured often and a player who's injury prone.

If Brooks is the former, rather than the latter, it may not have much effect in terms of price.

Certainly not Liverpool as they’re struggling to raise the money for Klopp’s main targets.
Agent trying to drum up interest in his now player, so he doesn’t have to play in the Championship shocker.

Brooks had a bad couple of injuries last season, I still remember him ripping pigs to shreds in 2017 on Bouncing Day, he could be worth bringing back but not 35m.

Lightweight and injury prone they said , not good enough for the blades they said :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Well to be fair we used the money we got for him to get promoted, and we just finished very comfortably above his new team - who got relegated.

So while 'they' might be being a tad harsh, selling him was certainly the right decision.

I would take him back to us on a loan with a permanent option if he stays fit.

That would be the sensible option from our side anyway. Would they agree? Doubtful unless it was a non negotiable fixed fee if he played X amount of games.
What if we threw in the comfy chair to take home at weekends? That might clinch it? 🤔

Lightweight and injury prone they said , not good enough for the blades they said :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I think he’d be tempted by that. :oops: Warrington lad isn’t he? Imagine that! Playing for the English Premier League Champions and being handy for IKEA as well! Doesn’t get much better than that!

Liverpool had to pull out of the Werner deal. No way they're suddenly splashing on Brooks. Typically awful journalism from the The Scum. Simple as that.

Liverpool had to pull out of the Werner deal. No way they're suddenly splashing on Brooks. Typically awful journalism from the The Scum. Simple as that.
I think that Klopp is like Wilder. He targets players and then puts a value on them and what salary he is willing to pay. If the selling club want more or the agent asks for a higher salary, he pulls the plug and goes elsewhere.
Liverpool can certainly afford £35m for Brooks, it’s just a question as to whether Klopp values him at that level

I think that Klopp is like Wilder. He targets players and then puts a value on them and what salary he is willing to pay. If the selling club want more or the agent asks for a higher salary, he pulls the plug and goes elsewhere.
Liverpool can certainly afford £35m for Brooks, it’s just a question as to whether Klopp values him at that level
I'd have to disagree on this point mate. Everything I've read suggests Werner was lined up well in advance, but financial uncertainty was the reason Liverpool didn't go ahead. That fee for Werner is an absolute bargain by modern standards, for one of the top young attacking talents in world football.

I'd have to disagree on this point mate. Everything I've read suggests Werner was lined up well in advance, but financial uncertainty was the reason Liverpool didn't go ahead. That fee for Werner is an absolute bargain by modern standards, for one of the top young attacking talents in world football.
You could be right but they went a long way down the line before they pulled out. That suggests that they had the money but either the selling club or the player, were playing ga m es at the last min. Taking into consideration Liverpool’s outlay on salaries, their earnings have been astronomical the past couple of years and they haven’t bought anyone of high value in that time. Klopp, like Wilder, wants value and the right player, with the right attitude to fit into the squad. Nothing to rock the boat.

You could be right but they went a long way down the line before they pulled out. That suggests that they had the money but either the selling club or the player, were playing ga m es at the last min. Taking into consideration Liverpool’s outlay on salaries, their earnings have been astronomical the past couple of years and they haven’t bought anyone of high value in that time. Klopp, like Wilder, wants value and the right player, with the right attitude to fit into the squad. Nothing to rock the boat.
Werner has a release clause though. So they knew the price all along. Wages obviously a factor over the course of the contract, but it's the pandemic alone that put them off.

Werner has a release clause though. So they knew the price all along. Wages obviously a factor over the course of the contract, but it's the pandemic alone that put them off.
(I read quite a few articles about it, obviously I'm not ITK)

Liverpool are very lucky to have Klopp. He's been prepared to work on a tiny net spend (relatively speaking) whilst improving the club and its revenues year on year. To be fair to FSG they have improved the infrastructure (new main stand, new training ground) and wage bill but the money has come from the transfer budget.They have also done extensive planning on extending the Anfield Road end. I don't see them having the readies to buy Brooks unless they sell players.

Genuinely think a 4 year old has stronger ankles than Brooks at this rate

Back
Top Bottom