Diego de Girolamo

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Seen as tho we're drawing 0-0. Guess who has scored for the mighty stags!

Anybody know how this kid is getting on? Wikipedia suggests he's at Buxton. Not sure how up to date it is.

Played at Buxton this season In northern prem (Finished 18th) scored 27 goals in 31 appearances. Not sure if he’s their next Season though. Still not sure what happened to him, seemed like he had the world at his feet early on, however, football is littered with players like this - Micheal Johnson, Jose Baxter, Nile Ranger, Ravel Morrison, Freddy Adu, Roysten Drenthe, John Bostock, Gavin Hoyte these are just examples of players over the last decade or so, I’m sure their many more over the years that lost their way.

Didn't his head become to large to fit through the hole in his shirt!????

Agreed it’s the one thing all of the above players were subjected to from a very young age, what then should be a small fall from grace the first time they do something wrong then becomes an absolute clusterfuck leading to arrogance and denial, rather than reflection and improvement. It happens in society, their will be more examples of people who had no money and earned it than people who were born with money and kept it. It’s when you start to think your good you have problems and its an easy trap to fall into.

Played at Buxton this season In northern prem (Finished 18th) scored 27 goals in 31 appearances. Not sure if he’s their next Season though. Still not sure what happened to him, seemed like he had the world at his feet early on, however, football is littered with players like this - Micheal Johnson, Jose Baxter, Nile Ranger, Ravel Morrison, Freddy Adu, Roysten Drenthe, John Bostock, Gavin Hoyte these are just examples of players over the last decade or so, I’m sure their many more over the years that lost their way.

Everyone knows Buxton is a feeder club for Juventus though. 😆

I've never liked "the narrative" that Diego somehow lost his way, did something wrong, had a problem. This season, SUFC U23s used well over 40 players. Most of them have no chance of making it in professional football. The numbers are insane. A lot of Academy players, very few first team squad places. Diego just wasn't good enough. Like hundreds & hundreds of others. Who most of us can't name. Diego isn't a villain. He's a kid who didn't make it.

I wish I hadn't made it as badly as Drenthe - while his career did hit a few lows (playing over on the darkside being one of them), he did play a fair few games for Madrid. :)

Yep, the way some people carry on I'm expecting de Girolamo to battle Spiderman sooner or later.

I've never liked "the narrative" that Diego somehow lost his way, did something wrong, had a problem. This season, SUFC U23s used well over 40 players. Most of them have no chance of making it in professional football. The numbers are insane. A lot of Academy players, very few first team squad places. Diego just wasn't good enough. Like hundreds & hundreds of others. Who most of us can't name. Diego isn't a villain. He's a kid who didn't make it.
And yet he managed to score goals in the second division for York City. So has regularly scored for a professional team. Therefore could have made it at some level or other but said he hated playing for York City as they were below his level. Cressy (who worked for York City at the time) was really impressed with him as a player.

And yet he managed to score goals in the second division for York City. So has regularly scored for a professional team. Therefore could have made it at some level or other but said he hated playing for York City as they were below his level. Cressy (who worked for York City at the time) was really impressed with him as a player.
As you say, the kid didn't make it.

But it wasn't ability, it was attitude and what everyone says about him i.e. too full of himself. A bit like Ravel.
I saw him play loads of times. Loved it. Taking men on. Putting them on their arse. Scoring for fun. Against his contemporaries. That's what I go to games for. Personally, I didn't come across this attitude thing that you did. Wouldn't have bothered me too much if I had. He didn't have what it takes to make it.

Played at Buxton this season In northern prem (Finished 18th) scored 27 goals in 31 appearances.

How many games did Warren Clarke play for Buxton? Have known him since he was in the same class at school as my son. My son has played in the same team as him for AFC Dronfield also for Dronfield Junior and Henry Fanshawe. Warren played for Chesterfield Centre of Excellence for a few years from 2007 before moving to Wendy Academy and played a number of games for the u23s before being released last year. Heard he is now at Buxton.

I saw him play loads of times. Loved it. Taking men on. Putting them on their arse. Scoring for fun. Against his contemporaries. That's what I go to games for. Personally, I didn't come across this attitude thing that you did. Wouldn't have bothered me too much if I had. He didn't have what it takes to make it.

Do you think his bad knee injury had a big effect on his career? Perhaps he would’ve gone further if it’d never happened?

players like him scattered through our history. Only a pity we didnt get a few million for him like we did from Chelsea for Jacob Melis lol

Back
Top Bottom