Diego de Girolamo

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

This is just a sad story all round.

Clearly at 18 he was best of his batch. He’d just broken into the reckoning, Shaun Miller just got a bad injury so the path opened up for him only to be slammed shut by injury.

It all went downhill from there. He could have been the Brooks of that team but fate kicked in.

Another good idea is to ignore threads that are about "nonentities" and to take your constant childish whinging elsewhere :)

But he loves "nonentities" Nedski. Remember his opinion of that "complete nonentity" Wilder........

He wouldn't get a mention if he had no United connections. He's a complete nonentity.

Bladey Bladey Claptrap. It never changes. Sack a manager with a proven record of success after less than a season and bring in a former Blade on the back of 15 years of not much.

Only in S2.....

Only in S2.....:)

Nowt wrong wi Buxton, I played for them for a bit.... :)
Nowt wrong wi Buxton?
We went their as a family when I was a kid and had a drink at the spa and it was as warm as a half time pint and tasted like somebody had been holding it up their arse for 10 minutes.
Even my mum tried some of the arse-water, then my brother starts being all Billy Big Time and gets a second drink this time with orange squash in it, paid for with his paper round money.
Nowt wrong wi Buxton indeed.

Nowt wrong wi Buxton?
We went their as a family when I was a kid and had a drink at the spa and it was as warm as a half time pint and tasted like somebody had been holding it up their arse for 10 minutes.
Even my mum tried some of the arse-water, then my brother starts being all Billy Big Time and gets a second drink this time with orange squash in it, paid for with his paper round money.
Nowt wrong wi Buxton indeed.

It's not really Swallows and Amazons is it?

Did the ACL injury ruin his career?

He did come back from it, but I didn’t see enough of him either side of the injury to know if he lost pace or mobility. Maybe it was psychological. Maybe if youngster’s development is interrupted at the wrong time they never get another chance.

Whatever the truth, he was a reserve when wrangling over his contract, and he should have gone out on loan to league 2 but just seemed to boss it in U23s for far too long.

An odd career at Utd.

Did the ACL injury ruin his career?

He did come back from it, but I didn’t see enough of him either side of the injury to know if he lost pace or mobility. Maybe it was psychological. Maybe if youngster’s development is interrupted at the wrong time they never get another chance.

Whatever the truth, he was a reserve when wrangling over his contract, and he should have gone out on loan to league 2 but just seemed to boss it in U23s for far too long.

An odd career at Utd.

It definitely affected him, but sadly he didn't help himself.

From where I was watching it all seemed a psychological issue to me. Whether it was recovering from injury, contract issues, the desire to earn a first team place.

When you see some of the talented kids that don't make it, it's often a mental thing. It takes a hell of a character to go to any level of the game and it looks like he didn't have it. It's such a shame because he was an unreal talent and he should have done so much more than he has.

Ah, the poor, poor lad...
Every so often I feel the need to respond to one of your posts, and this one has led me there again. I'll regret it, I know...
I've been reading some of the General Chat threads this summer, and found myself agreeing with much of what you say about politics, particularly when you turn your fire on extreme right-wing groups and their dangerous ideologies. And at the level of football, we are both Blades, and I share many of your views about how the game should be played. I think it is because of these shared views that I find the bits I disagree with so disappointing. The majority of posters on here are, I guess, 'ordinary working people' and Blades, yet at times you seek to demean the very people I would have thought you should feel solidarity with. And your apparent contempt of youngsters who try to make their way through though the Academy and encounter difficulties has no point to it; I cannot imagine what the families of the likes of Louis Reid or George Long must feel if they ever come across your posts. And in the case of young Diego, he has outstanding talent, had a terrible injury, after which he has never been the same player, and neither you nor I know what his character is really like. If he had his head turned by agents and sponsors and bigwigs of the Italian FA, and got too big for his (sponsored) boots, then let us direct our anger against the rich and powerful who manipulated a young kid trying to fulfil his dream. There are far worse things for young people to do than to try to fulfil their dreams. Your energies would be much better chanelled against those who use their power to manipulate the less powerful in society, rather than taking aim at easy targets such as young footballers struggling to make the grade.

Crown at Heeley ,White Lion ,Red Lion and every bar in the areaup to the Woodseats Palace.
Its a bit sad really Boo ,always seems to be alone but will always have a chat.

Crown at Heeley ,White Lion ,Red Lion and every bar in the areaup to the Woodseats Palace.
Its a bit sad really Boo ,always seems to be alone but will always have a chat.

David has always been like that. Playing professionally never changed him.

Shame his career ended up like it did I suppose. Every club has stories like this and it's always interesting to see where they end up.

Can't be far away from having to get a real job I wouldn't think

Every so often I feel the need to respond to one of your posts, and this one has led me there again. I'll regret it, I know...
I've been reading some of the General Chat threads this summer, and found myself agreeing with much of what you say about politics, particularly when you turn your fire on extreme right-wing groups and their dangerous ideologies. And at the level of football, we are both Blades, and I share many of your views about how the game should be played. I think it is because of these shared views that I find the bits I disagree with so disappointing. The majority of posters on here are, I guess, 'ordinary working people' and Blades, yet at times you seek to demean the very people I would have thought you should feel solidarity with. And your apparent contempt of youngsters who try to make their way through though the Academy and encounter difficulties has no point to it; I cannot imagine what the families of the likes of Louis Reid or George Long must feel if they ever come across your posts. And in the case of young Diego, he has outstanding talent, had a terrible injury, after which he has never been the same player, and neither you nor I know what his character is really like. If he had his head turned by agents and sponsors and bigwigs of the Italian FA, and got too big for his (sponsored) boots, then let us direct our anger against the rich and powerful who manipulated a young kid trying to fulfil his dream. There are far worse things for young people to do than to try to fulfil their dreams. Your energies would be much better chanelled against those who use their power to manipulate the less powerful in society, rather than taking aim at easy targets such as young footballers struggling to make the grade.

HBT. I am bemused at the continued scorn and ridicule he pours onto players from the Academy, to such an extent that I wonder if they are indeed the target. Maybe the target is fellow Blades who post on here. The sort of Blade that likes a local lad to do well. The sort of Blade that is proud when a lad from Sheffield, many of them Blades come through our Academy and reach the first team. No one would say play a lad simply because he is from the Academy if he isn't good enough we all agree on that. So by knocking these players he is directly having a swipe and ridiculing fans who support them whilst at the same time exerting his perceived intellectual superiority. It becomes all a little transparent and tiresome after a while. And all this 'Blade not Bladey' crap. What on earth is wrong with that? Isn't one of the very reasons Wilder is liked so much in addition to his success is that 'he's one of our own'.

Of course his views on Wilders appointment are well known:-

QUOTE Pinchy:- He wouldn't get a mention if he had no United connections. He's a complete nonentity.

Bladey Bladey Claptrap. It never changes. Sack a manager with a proven record of success after less than a season and bring in a former Blade on the back of 15 years of not much.

Only in S2.....

Of course when any of the lads that he ridicules do well he is AWOL. Everyone has views on players and good or bad there's nothing wrong with that but the continual ridicule of certain players I find bemusing. Still, whatever floats his boat. I have no doubt he will get some sort of irrational gratification out of this very attention.

If any of us were real football experts we would be doing it in real life and not simply commenting on a footy forum. So there you go, from me, a football knows nowt. :)

HBT. I am bemused at the continued scorn and ridicule he pours onto players from the Academy, to such an extent that I wonder if they are indeed the target. Maybe the target is fellow Blades who post on here. The sort of Blade that likes a local lad to do well. The sort of Blade that is proud when a lad from Sheffield, many of them Blades come through our Academy and reach the first team. No one would say play a lad simply because he is from the Academy if he isn't good enough we all agree on that. So by knocking these players he is directly having a swipe and ridiculing fans who support them whilst at the same time exerting his perceived intellectual superiority. It becomes all a little transparent and tiresome after a while. And all this 'Blade not Bladey' crap. What on earth is wrong with that? Isn't one of the very reasons Wilder is liked so much in addition to his success is that 'he's one of our own'.

Of course his views on Wilders appointment are well known:-

QUOTE Pinchy:- He wouldn't get a mention if he had no United connections. He's a complete nonentity.

Only in S2.....

Of course when any of the lads that he ridicules do well he is AWOL. Everyone has views on players and good or bad there's nothing wrong with that but the continual ridicule of certain players I find bemusing. Still, whatever floats his boat. I have no doubt he will get some sort of irrational gratification out of this very attention.

If any of us were real football experts we would be doing it in real life and not simply commenting on a footy forum. So there you go, from me, a football knows nowt. :)
I am by nature an optimist, and try to see the best in people; hence I keep coming back to trying to stop myself arriving at the conclusion of your final sentence. I genuinely enjoy some of his posts, but I really wish he would save his acerbic comments for those who really deserve it. The world is full of worthy targets.

If any of us were real football experts we would be doing it in real life and not simply commenting on a footy forum
I'd disagree with this part of your post, a lot of people on here would make decent pundits and nearly all of them would be better than somebody like Adrian Chiles who is wank.

I'd disagree with this part of your post, a lot of people on here would make decent pundits and nearly all of them would be better than somebody like Adrian Chiles who is wank.
Maybe, but his book on supporting West Brom is more interesting than 95% of the stuff on here. And I’m in a pedantic mood so I’ll also point out that he’s a presenter, not a pundit.

Maybe, but his book on supporting West Brom is more interesting than 95% of the stuff on here. And I’m in a pedantic mood so I’ll also point out that he’s a presenter, not a pundit.
Fair enough...he's wank at that too.

I am by nature an optimist, and try to see the best in people; hence I keep coming back to trying to stop myself arriving at the conclusion of your final sentence. I genuinely enjoy some of his posts, but I really wish he would save his acerbic comments for those who really deserve it. The world is full of worthy targets.
are you SURE you're a Unitedite?

Back
Top Bottom