Match Thread Southampton v. Sheffield United - 26th July 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SOUT
SOUT
SOUT

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1595358464955.png v. 1595358473464.png
EPL Week 38 - Sunday 26th July 2020 - St Mary's Stadium

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/southampton-vs-sheffield-united.502/

Officials:

Referee:
TBC
Assistant Referee: TBC
Assistant Referee: TBC
Fourth Official: TBC
Video Assistant Referee: TBC
Additional Video Assistant Referee: TBC
Replacement Official: TBC

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-07-23 at 10.20.13.png
    Screenshot 2020-07-23 at 10.20.13.png
    65.1 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

If crowds was still there, I’d still be clapping off but would have to have a few extra beers just to get over disappointment

It doesn’t half put pressure on the rest of the team when we need half a dozen good chances to score

We spent £17mil on McBurnie and got 6 goals in 35 appearances, approximately 1 goal every 6 games. Granted he's young and it's his first season in the top flight, he still has potential to improve.

How much is required to find a striker who can get into double figures? If we have a transfer budget of £40-£50mil again we can't blow all of it on one player. Wilder has a hard six weeks ahead of him.

We've done well this season to finish in the top ten when we average 1 goal per game. It's the solid defense that's kept us in there but sadly they've burned out, like they did in our first season back in the Championship. They've given everything this season.

Frustrating as we should have been 3-0 up. Then they got a couple of lucky breaks.
I guess you gotta take your chances...

I'm not usually negative but these last few displays are worrying. If JoC goes we are screwed in defence. The back up is no way good enough and our system doesnt work without him.

Poor showing today but Villa, Watford & Bournemouth fighting for their lives....not us and we never looked like being dragged into a relegation fight, thats the true measure of this season. I'm happy to be seeing the drama elsewhere. Top 10 finish, just think about that...

A very good season even though it all went downhill at the end. The squad is really thin and the recruitment needs to be spot on this coming weeks.

We spent £17mil on McBurnie and got 6 goals in 35 appearances, approximately 1 goal every 6 games. Granted he's young and it's his first season in the top flight.

How much is required to find a striker who can get into double figures?

Those six goals coming against Leicester, Man UTD (equaliser), Brighton (winner), West Ham (winner), Spurs (clincher) and Chelsea (in a 3-0 win).

In a low scoring team.

Do you honestly think if we parachuted a 'proven goalscorer' into our team and set-up, starting 75% of our games, that they would do a substantial amount more? I don't.

Really? FfS!. Miscontrols ball runs into an area with 3 Utd players there. Runs across said player's legs. Falls down. Cheat. Full stop. Thats what's wrong with PL for me!!

So if it was the other way round you wouldn't be bothered about it not given?

I've got to say that in all the times I've seen zivkovic he doesn't add anything to the team he seems lightweight he doesn't close down and he doesn't seem to have any attacking threat

Really? FfS!. Miscontrols ball runs into an area with 3 Utd players there. Runs across said player's legs. Falls down. Cheat. Full stop. Thats what's wrong with PL for me!!
That's how I saw it, but Norwood lunging in helps the ref give it.

Redmond has shown more attacking threat in this game than our entire forward line has in the last 3 games combined.

How very dare you try to not have a hissy fit at this.

I know, I know.

I worry that our flirtation with European spots + losing our final three is going to distort the perception of our success this season amongst some fans. Those that struggle to stomach this will almost certainly struggle to stomach it next season when we likely struggle to maintain or improve upon what we've done this. What we are doing now is the absolute peak of what can reasonably be expected of this set of players.

Yeah small squad depth, need attacking reinforcements or tactical tinkering going into next season. Only Newcastle, Norwich and Watford scored less than us 2 of those have been relegated...that’s grim reading. I’m sure it will be sorted in wilder we trust! UTB!

Poor showing today but Villa, Watford & Bournemouth fighting for their lives....not us and we never looked like being dragged into a relegation fight, thats the true measure of this season. I'm happy to be seeing the drama elsewhere. Top 10 finish, just think about that...
very true mate but Cris has a hell of a job to get this lot firing on all cylinders come September I personally have my doubts about some of the players desire hats off to them all through for a great season and some great memories utb

Second half performance absolute gash not helped by baffling subs from Chris. We need at least two new strikers next season.

We should've been 3 up, then we gave away a really bad goal and it was downhill from there.

Back
Top Bottom