Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Due to lockdown a crisis of enormous proportions has descended on the Bert residence. He's unable to go to Cuba and replenish his stock of home made cigars, $5 for 100.
His smoking jacket hangs in his study unused.
When this is all over there is an open invite for Bert to call in at Casa BB next time he is in Sheffield to partake in any Habanos marque he wishes, including a selection of custom hand rolled by locals on the island. The rum however will be Guyanese or Barbadian as these are, in my considered opinion, superior to any of the Cuban offerings.
12D63A81-091F-4BE2-B482-6A7ADC8D228B.jpeg

When this is all over there is an open invite for Bert to call in at Casa BB next time he is in Sheffield to partake in any Habanos marque he wishes, including a selection of custom hand rolled by locals on the island. The rum however will be Guyanese or Barbadian as these are, in my considered opinion, superior to any of the Cuban offerings.
View attachment 76569

Indeed sir. El Dorado 21 yr old is as good as it gets. A few years ago I sampled two special editions, a special reserve 50 yr old and a 25 yr old dark rum. Surprisingly the 25 yr old was much better in my opinion.

PS Goes well with one of those Robaina

View attachment 76569
Wonderful! What a fine stock you have there.

Put Bert down for a Partagas or a locally made one, the sort the neighbour in Las Tunas makes for Bert.
The good Cuban rum you have to search out. It's there but not easy to find. IMG_20200409_224305.jpg

Indeed sir. El Dorado 21 yr old is as good as it gets. A few years ago I sampled two special editions, a special reserve 50 yr old and a 25 yr old dark rum. Surprisingly the 25 yr old was much better in my opinion.
Love an Eldorado but not tried the 21 but actually prefer the 12 to the 15 year will give the 21a go for sure, can also recommend a Plantation 25 Year anniversary

Not tried or even seen this one there, intrigued
It's very rarely available anywhere in Cuba but Bert encountered a guy selling some so he bought a bottle to test it out with some Cuban rum drinkers he knows. They declared it fantastic so Bert went back and bought 3 more bottles. It's very mellow.

Queens Road, central works for Sheffield, built there last Tram in 1946, car number 501, a prototype for the last of original (non supertram) trams, numbered 502 - 536 that's were built by Charles Roberts company of Wakefield up to 1952.
Queens Road works was still used up to the mid 1980s, but was demolished in 1993, the old Netto, now Asda & a small retail park are where the works used to be.

Wonderful! What a fine stock you have there.

Put Bert down for a Partagas or a locally made one, the sort the neighbour in Las Tunas makes for Bert.
The good Cuban rum you have to search out. It's there but not easy to find. View attachment 76570

Are they still producing Matusalem in Cuba? I know there are distilling in Dominican Republic, saw it there a couple of years ago. I hope they did keep a presence in Cuba

Are they still producing Matusalem in Cuba? I know there are distilling in Dominican Republic, saw it there a couple of years ago. I hope they did keep a presence in Cuba
Bert thinks that the bottles he bought were probably old stock, he's never seen it on sale but older Cuban men remember it.

Queens Road, central works for Sheffield, built there last Tram in 1946, car number 501, a prototype for the last of original (non supertram) trams, numbered 502 - 536 that's were built by Charles Roberts company of Wakefield up to 1952.
Queens Road works was still used up to the mid 1980s, but was demolished in 1993, the old Netto, now Asda & a small retail park are where the works used to be.
Grew up with the tramcars, super trams are light railways, and how marvellous they were. One could hop on and off almost where ever one wanted to be, very practical. Loved them as a kid, exhilarating ,especially going down Duke St. front bay and on 'prince' and Millhouses to Abbey Lane when they gave it some welly. Found them most useful as a teenager up to their demise. Intended to go the last night, sad to say the weather put me off. think I'd got wet during the day and didn't fancy it.
Been to Crich , enjoyed it but not the same as a working system.

Back
Top Bottom