Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

My first adult hi tech camera shots with my new 110 instamatic taken in June 1976, on a return to my old stomping ground.
First one below is Abbeydale Road from top of Broadfield Road.View attachment 75074
Below is a view down Broadfield Road.
View attachment 75077
Last one below is a shot up Bedale Road towards Abbeydale Road from Broadfield Road. Heeley Baths out of shot to the right, Dixon's Mint Rock factory off to the left.View attachment 75078

As a kid, this area was my walking route to The Lane and back. It was terraced houses, chip shops and little grocery shops interspersed with factories more or less all the way.
That could easily be me on the top picture ,I had a paper round from Banhams round that area in 76 and was always round there ,I lived on Bannerdale.

I was tempted to crop this photo😆
View attachment 75362
1969/70 season. Wendy had just signed Tommy Craig from Aberdeen for £100K, a record fee for a teenager. They got relegated at the end of the season and nearly half of the players in the photo were gone by then.

Arthur Rowley was still our manager at the time the photo was taken. That summer he got rid of the Wagstaff brothers, Munks, B Shaw and only signed Flynn. On the eve of the season he was sacked. We finished in 6th place at the end of the season.

View attachment 75386Ver

Very underrated player in my opinion , did a good job for us in his time at The Lane
Agreed. Mark Patterson seems to be one of those forgotten Blades but I always enjoyed his performances. I always used to say to my lad as his latest shot disappeared into row Z of the Kop,'He's getting closer.' It became a bit of a standing joke with us. Nevertheless he was a wholehearted player and fondly remembered.

View attachment 75386Ver

Very underrated player in my opinion , did a good job for us in his time at The Lane

Told this one before but a few years ago, we were in the market for a new patio. Mrs Trig arranged for some quotes, including one from Mark Patterson Landscapes. I did wonder if it might be him, but thought it was unlikely.

Anyway, it was and his price was substantially lower than any of the other quotes and we decided he probably wouldn’t be any good. I slightly regret that now, I’ve seen pictures of his work and it looks good, plus I missed the chance to bore him to death about Sheffield United for several days.

You can't do that Highfield!
'£100,00 ball boy' top left in the white sleeved shirt.
Sheffield Star's finest moment in sports journalism, when he was out injured.
🤣
Spoke once to Mick Prendergast, told him " I wish you were at Bramall Lane", he answered " me too". Apparently a real nice guy beset by illness and injury. Had to retire early and overdid the alcohol which caused his premature death.

Was at that game. think it was Woody's debut.
I thought Woody's debut was against Liverpool. We need Silent on this.
Woody's debut was at Anfield in October 1964

Back
Top Bottom