Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Hereford Street, Stella Works, between Eyre St/St Mary's.
February 1985
Part of the street is still there as the access road to Decathlon front car park. Bricklayer's arms was on here somewhere, though I never ventured in.
View attachment 75250
That is definately W.A.Tyzack Stella Works, my very first employer. I worked in a small office behind those traffic cones. They were an engineering company making clutch plates for the car industry, circular bacon knives, digger bucket teeth and I think scythe blades.
Their other works was Horseman Works on Green Lane? in Kelham Island.

Yes, Peter Knowles who is from South Yorkshire. FA Cup 4th round in February 1966. I have just found footage of the match. Will post it in a separate thread
One of my first away games. I was sat in the stand in the photo. Seem to remember Hodgy diving and the ball past him, hit the post, bounced out, hit him on the back then went into the net. Long time ago so may be complete bollocks.

One of my first away games. I was sat in the stand in the photo. Seem to remember Hodgy diving and the ball past him, hit the post, bounced out, hit him on the back then went into the net. Long time ago so may be complete bollocks.
See link

April 1993
View attachment 75214

Below, Cromford Street, Duchess Road area.
July 1983View attachment 75215
Below, Charlotte Road/Margaret Street(?)
March 1985
View attachment 75216

Just nondescript photos of bits of Sheffield taken 30-40 years on film that didn't come cheap. We had to think twice before taking a picture back then.

I bet in your wildest dreams you wouldn't have imagined that in 2020 they would be seen by thousands of folk the world over, all at the same time and costing next to nowt to do so. We'll done and thanks for taking the time to show them.

See link

I was right!! It was the third goal. The sub titles are hilarious. Losing by three 'girls' and 'Anna Hutchinson' in goal:D

That is definately W.A.Tyzack Stella Works, my very first employer. I worked in a small office behind those traffic cones. They were an engineering company making clutch plates for the car industry, circular bacon knives, digger bucket teeth and I think scythe blades.
They also had works on little London rd, off woodseats rd. Around the corner from where I grew up.

Great see this splendid photo and your own comments of Tyzacks. One of our family worked there for years and was working the night of the Sheffield blitz. He'd never spoken about it until very late in life and told me a harrowing story of that night. He'd walked out of the firm to walk home and saw terrible scenes of destruction through the town. He also went on to work at Green Lane untill retirement. Obviously Green Lane is long gone with the old gate house now a gin bar or something.

They also had works on little London rd, off woodseats rd. Around the corner from where I grew up.
I've got a fair few photos of that area as well, as it was also my playground as a youngster. We all knew that area as "T'Hardy Pick", never as Little London Road..
I spent a lot of my childhood around (and in) those industrial ponds and the river. We ought to be pretty immune to most things by now:D.
I'll post a few pics in a few days...
BTW, I've tried understanding the complexities of the Tyzack family company dynasty. I gave up!

Yes, Peter Knowles who is from South Yorkshire. FA Cup 4th round in February 1966. I have just found footage of the match. Will post it in a separate thread

I've got the programme from that match framed as it was the closest to the day I was born, the day before - match played Feb 12th, 1966, me born Sunday Feb 13th, 1966.

image.jpeg
My dads football team assume sometime in the 60,s but not sure when be interesting if anyone knows anyone on there ⚔

When I was a little kid I amused my parents by thinking it was called ‘Wattyzack’ as I didn’t understand initials so said what I saw.

Brown Bayleys at Olive's Mount? My Uncle David is on the left front row stroking the dog. Think next to him is the father of a friend (I know he is lurking in here!)
Hi silent they guy stroking the dog is my dad he's not called David the guy next to him is Derek Stanley then my uncle Keith , my grandad is also on the pic , ⚔

Brown Bayleys at Olive's Mount? My Uncle David is on the left front row stroking the dog. Think next to him is the father of a friend (I know he is lurking in here!)
Not sure where it was taken I have other pics from oaks park at Norton the team is gleadless town end my dad also played for Norton woodseats ⚔

Hi silent they guy stroking the dog is my dad he's not called David the guy next to him is Derek Stanley then my uncle Keith , my grandad is also on the pic , ⚔
Blimey, your dad does look like my Uncle David (Milner) who was a good local player. Derek looked like my mate's dad

Blimey, your dad does look like my Uncle David (Milner) who was a good local player. Derek looked like my mate's dad
Haha no probs my grandad is the man at the front on the left of the guys not in footy kits , my best mates dad also on there too and a friend of the family type uncle , at the back who used to sit with us and his two sons in the blut still see his sons on the Kop most matches ⚔

Back
Top Bottom