Neal Maupay

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Just out of interest, how much for a Canos ??

UTB

No idea tbh. Whilst he's quite an exciting player he's not developed on as much as most expected. He needs a good season but he's a lot of fun to watch and loves playing the game. £10m and he's yours ;)

Goals aren't the be all... getting a group of players together that create a load of presentable chances whilst offering up as few as possible at the other end. The balance is fine tuned. We've been great at creating chances and scoring but terrible at the other end. So we've improved our defence this season. You got it spot on last season - I don't think scoring is going to be the tricky part but creating opportunities in the Premier League is going to be bloody difficult.

Don't think Maupay has moved solely for the money - worth noting that he turned down BHA in the Premier League two seasons ago (and for 3x what we paid him) so he could play first team football and reestablish himself again. You don't find many footballers do that... but the agent who advised him two years ago isn't his agent now...

If that's the case then why didn't CW/the club say we're no longer interested in signing him as soon as Maupay made it clear he wanted to see what other offers came in?
CW/the club didn't say we were interested in signing him in the first place, so would have been an odd thing to do.

CW/the club didn't say we were interested in signing him in the first place, so would have been an odd thing to do.

I was under the impression that we had put in a bid, was that not the case? Seems odd that we'd muster up a 260+ page thread for a player we'd not even put a bid in for.

I was under the impression that we had put in a bid, was that not the case? Seems odd that we'd muster up a 260+ page thread for a player we'd not even put a bid in for.
The club neither confirmed nor denied it officially, the same as most bids. Why would we say we've moved on from something we were never officially pursuing in the first place?

Brentford are now after Lyle Taylor to replace Maupay according to Sky.

Lyle Taylor. Christ, he was like shit off a shovel during his spell with us.

Brentford are now after Lyle Taylor to replace Maupay according to Sky.

Lyle Taylor. Christ, he was like shit off a shovel during his spell with us.

For £3m apparently despite being in his last year of his contract. 29 too – seems most unlike the usual strategy of signing talent that can be resold for significant profit. The Business Model shall be angered.

If that's the case then why didn't CW/the club say we're no longer interested in signing him as soon as Maupay made it clear he wanted to see what other offers came in?
TBH I don't ever recall Wilder saying we were interested, most of it was paper talk until he said there was a bid on the table. I think our interest ended when we brought in Lys Mousette. Chris don't need to say who we are in for and when that interest ends.

Just heard that Mopey Dick has signed for Fat Boy Slim FC

If the following is true then I applaud Mester Wilder, yet again 👏👏👏👏👏 😂

Well done Brentford yet more evidence of superb recruitment and maximising of players sales and values. I must admit to loving your football philosophy also, so good luck this season.
at some point they’ll have to decide what they want to be.. a feeder club or a decent mid table premiership outfit which is where they could be right now

The forum criminal will claim mitigating circumstances. 'But we were after Maupay so it's Blades-related' he will plead.

But he conveniently forgets that the Rumour Mill section is full of threads about players we ve been interested in, including Maupay.

Sorry sunshine you're nicked.
we never even bid for maupay.. they used us to get the price up

Like I've offered another Bee, I will bet 20 quid, or even 50 that
A) He won't be a brentford player next season
B) It won't be 20m quid that he goes for.

Shame nobody took me up on this charity bet. Sounds like it was 20m that he went for (unless add ons were included).

A number of key economic indicators point to a recession within a year or so.

I could wax lyrical about inverted yield curves. I’ll not !!!!!

Brexit, or more accurately whatever outcome we have post Brexit may accelerate or deepen the recession.

But make no bones, it IS coming, so bolt down your hatches !!

UTB
I hate to say ............

Not just footie then 👍😀😉.

UTB

The player employs the agent, the player should pay him.
The agent secures the deal, the player pays him what they agreed, whatever fee or percentage they have brokered. What it has to do with the buying club I don't know.
Third party ownership is supposed to be illegal, but it's getting to the point where agents own their players and determine which club he goes to based on who puts the biggest backhander in their pockets.

They won't regulate themselves and based on the huge amounts of money at stake there's only one body powerful enough to do it for them.......The FCA

Wilder said: "We had discussions with Neal in the summer. There were quite a few clubs in the same pond. We wanted to improve at the top of the pitch and he was a player we knew a lot about with his exploits at Brentford.

"As I say, we looked at him and he was a possibility but players make their choices and he chose to sign for Brighton.

QED.

Wilder said: "We had discussions with Neal in the summer. There were quite a few clubs in the same pond. We wanted to improve at the top of the pitch and he was a player we knew a lot about with his exploits at Brentford.

"As I say, we looked at him and he was a possibility but players make their choices and he chose to sign for Brighton.

QED.

What do you deduce from this Banana? Seems to corroborate with everything that Richard Cadette said on here doesn't it?

So he chose to sign for Brighton, but we didn't put any bids in?

Sounds to me like we had one accepted and it was up to the player...which corroborates what Caddette said.... not Nobids Banana.

Back
Top Bottom