Mark Duffy - Three in Four

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Seeing how his wife and Dad are carrying on on social media, it's not difficult to believe Mark spat his dummy out.

We move on and whilst he may have contributed in short spells, Freeman's limited game time suggests it would have been very little.

We're hardly struggling without him as it stands.

It's a shame a lot more aren't telling Philip to fuck off instead of licking his arse.

It was a good little cameo. He created a chance for them that was as good as they’d had in that game, real positive bit of play. It reminded me what he’s capable of. It pisses me off how it’s turned out.

So much better than what they had out previous, they're so static, it's like walking football.

Can't stand him for RoI but McClean too, needs to be playing.

So much better than what they had out previous, they're so static, it's like walking football.

Can't stand him for RoI but McClean too, needs to be playing.
He is the epitome of a 'how the fuck did he make it'.

Runs around a lot, shouts a lot, points a lot and generally fouls a lot = 30k a week.

Mr Duffy would make a great politician, with his attempt to involve other players as scapegoats to deflect from the lack of credibility of his argument.
Our style had to change to meet the challenge of the Premier League and Lunny is more suited to the role.

Duffy does not seem to be pulling trees up at Stoke because he is not the right fit for their system. He was outstanding in the role he played for us at the time and personally, will always be remembered fondly and with great respect.

I don't want to know what wages Jags is on, because I am sure that whatever it is, it is less than he could have got elsewhere and will have to be justified for CW to sanction it.

Seeing how his wife and Dad are carrying on on social media, it's not difficult to believe Mark spat his dummy out.

We move on and whilst he may have contributed in short spells, Freeman's limited game time suggests it would have been very little.

We're hardly struggling without him as it stands.

It's a shame a lot more aren't telling Philip to fuck off instead of licking his arse.

True but remember we've been quite fortunate with injuries and suspensions so far.
Still think he would be a handy bloke to have around for the second half of the season though know it's unlikely to happen.

True but remember we've been quite fortunate with injuries and suspensions so far.
Still think he would be a handy bloke to have around for the second half of the season though know it's unlikely to happen.

Possibly would have been yeah but he seems to have made the decision after being told he wouldn't be a regular.

Those who have been paying attention will have seen that Wilder holds a lot of weight to how players behave when they're not in the team. Look at how he always name drops Sharp when he's not in the side.

He clearly has zero time for players who throw a strop when they're not in the team and Duffy must be intagalatically stupid to not have realised this after 3 years of working with Wilder.

This whole situation reflects more on his (lack of) intelligence and ego rather than footballing ability.

Do the two need to be mutually exclusive? Build around your most creative player, to create chances for your most clinical goalscorer?

We were blessed to have them both in L1.
And Coutts and Fleck. Has there even been a better midfield three in the third division?

I wonder what Mark Duffy's private thoughts are now watching the Blades strut their stuff in 6th spot in the Prem. Has he sacked his agent yet?

Mr Duffy would make a great politician, with his attempt to involve other players as scapegoats to deflect from the lack of credibility of his argument.
Our style had to change to meet the challenge of the Premier League and Lunny is more suited to the role.

Duffy does not seem to be pulling trees up at Stoke because he is not the right fit for their system. He was outstanding in the role he played for us at the time and personally, will always be remembered fondly and with great respect.

I don't want to know what wages Jags is on, because I am sure that whatever it is, it is less than he could have got elsewhere and will have to be justified for CW to sanction it.
I agree with this and more to the point what right does this bloke have to be commenting on other people’s wages.

Whether or not Jagielka does earn 50k or not, that’s no more my business then Mr Duffys. If I was jags I would be extremely angry that someone is spouting this for all and sundry. The bloke really does need to put his brain in gear before spouting off about things that are none of his business.

If jags wants to publicise what he earns then he’s absolutely entitled, I suspect he hasn’t given Mr Duffy permission to be his unofficial spokesman on private matters

I'd like to think not too.

But even if he was, £50,000 a week with no transfer fee is £2.6m for the year.

Show me a better player, with the experience jagielka has, that is happy to be a backup player and only costs £2.6m all in.

So even if Duffy senior is correct. Paying jags 50k p/w is still better value for the club than offering 34 year old mark Duffy (who still had a year left) a new, improved contract.
Plus Jags has earned the right to earn £50k, if it is that. He has played in the top flight for 13 yeas consistently, captained one of the biggest clubs in the country and being capped multiple times by England, including at a World Cup.

He will have also taken a cut post-Everton, if it is that amount. Oh and why would Duffy know what Jags earns? I don't know what my colleagues at work earn. Why would it be broadcast?

Finally, I very much doubt you would ever hear Jags whinging about not playing or his family going on social media to vent their frustration. That's why he has been so successful - it's largely down to the mindset.

Last edited:
Mark Duffy is one of my favourite ever United players, did so much for us and I’ll always be thankful.

However, he isn’t bigger than our club and if the manager values him at x per year for x years then that’s that. CW is king of this club.

Duffys dad, from what I’ve seen on here (I don’t do social media) is an absolute joke. If anything, he is doing Mark Duffy more harm than good, giving him a bad name amongst us. Luckily for MD, we aren’t judging him by his fathers comments, so he will always remain in our hearts.

There’s a reason I’m not on social media, and Im not in the spotlight whatsoever. Maybe other people should start thinking more about what they’re putting out to the world, especially if they have a ‘name’, albeit due to a relative.

In other words, grow up Mr Duffy you bell-end, you’re embarrassing.

Mark Duffy is one of my favourite ever United players, did so much for us and I’ll always be thankful.

However, he isn’t bigger than our club and if the manager values him at x per year for x years then that’s that. CW is king of this club.

Duffys dad, from what I’ve seen on here (I don’t do social media) is an absolute joke. If anything, he is doing Mark Duffy more harm than good, giving him a bad name amongst us. Luckily for MD, we aren’t judging him by his fathers comments, so he will always remain in our hearts.

There’s a reason I’m not on social media, and Im not in the spotlight whatsoever. Maybe other people should start thinking more about what they’re putting out to the world, especially if they have a ‘name’, albeit due to a relative.

Last sentence.....that’s all

I think Jags came in, because at the start of the season, not many people in the club had Premier League experience.
He would have talked to Wilder about routines, training, how other teams behave. He would be in the office talking to the media team, chatting to the players, at the training ground talking about what to expect.
He was the original face in the media, being interviewed, showing how it should be done, taking the heat off the newbies.
His presence and knowledge will be helpful to all, and for me, even if he never plays again, I still have a calm sense knowing he's around the club.
Our first season it was the perfect choice - a rich player who'd done it, but has a soft spot for the Blades, meaning his motives were on the level.
I can imagine him getting home with a sense of satisfaction.
Next season we don't need this type of signing (slightly past it ex-Blades) but it was absolutely the right thing to do to bring him in.

My own feeling re: Jags is that he is being groomed to build up a dynasty. Next Blades manager after CWAK. Watch him go to a lower league club in a couple of years and come back when Chris gets a well-earned retirement.

I'd argue Coutts and Fleck were just as important as Duffy and Sharp but we're getting off topic slightly...
And Coutts and Fleck. Has there even been a better midfield three in the third division?
Coutts, Fleck & Duffy. What a midfield three that was. Still wonder what might have happened were it not for Coutts' injury. Norwood has done a heck of a job.

Chuck 'em in, CHUCK 'EM ALL IN!!

One of the major issues is fitness. Regardless of what you think of Duffy, he’s been warming the bench at a bottom of the table Championship side and that puts him weeks away from being anywhere near match ready for the Premiership. Beyond that, the squad training since pre-season at SUFC will have been drilling new systems and player understanding that Duffy has been absent from. Even if he was offered a lifeline back in January he’d never get up to speed in time for this season. He’ll not be coming back.

Don't know if he was injured today or not but didn't make the match day squad fir Stoke , wonder if mr Duffy snr is going to tweet about that
UTB NBM

You are on social media though.

Welcome to S24SU 😉

Dunt look like being 4 in 5 !!

O’Neill not a fan by the looks of it.

UTB
He`s not even on the bench is he injured ? Unbelievable if he`s not injured , he`s really fucked up what's left of his playing career , Still love the lad , when ever I am feeling down I just watch that goal , never forget you for that Duff or the rest , Leon, Brookes, Fleck were all outstanding that day , just our little Scottish gem left now !

Dunt look like being 4 in 5 !!

O’Neill not a fan by the looks of it.

UTB
Only 4 appearances for Birmingham in 2014-15 and 2015-16, 111 appearances for the Blades in 2016-17, 2017-18 and 2018-19, only 6 games for Stoke this season. I just dont understand the ungrateful attitude towards Chris Wilder from Mark, his agent, his wife and his dad.

Just adds truth to the grunters claims not one of our players are any good, as duffy was one of the best last season and now cant get in a stoke side at the foot of the league

Back
Top Bottom