Results so far

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

:)🤡:mad:
:):mad:🤡
:mad::)🤡

with 25% of the season gone we are on 12 so if we keep up out current form that works out at 48 points.

next 3?
🤡:mad::)

Our points tally is a bit harsh on our performance levels, that's the level we are at as yet.

Last night’s great win puts us two points ahead of where I would realistically have expected us to be at this stage. This is what I would have forecast v actual:

Bournemouth (A) draw/draw
Palace (H) win/win
Chelsea (A) defeat/draw
Leicester (H) draw/defeat
Everton (A) defeat/win
Southampton (H) win/defeat
Liverpool (H) defeat/defeat
Watford (A) draw/draw
Arsenal (H) draw/win

Expected 10 points
Actual 12 points

I thought we could get 8 points from the first 5 games, and we got 5, but then expected nothing at Everton and so when we won we were back where id hoped.

I hoped for something at Watford and something from the two home games around it (assuming we’d lose one) and the team did the job.

4 points from the next 3 games would be nice, and is doable I think.

Other statto nonsense. We've scored first in three games this season (Palace, Everton, Arsenal) and won all three. Arsenal have not won a PL away game when losing at HT for eight years (38 matches).

Other statto nonsense. We've scored first in three games this season (Palace, Everton, Arsenal) and won all three. Arsenal have not won a PL away game when losing at HT for eight years (38 matches).
A stat flashed up on Sky last night which said that under Wilder we've not lost a league game where we've been ahead at half time.

A stat flashed up on Sky last night which said that under Wilder we've not lost a league game where we've been ahead at half time.

That is true - 146 league games. The last league game where we were winning at half-time and lost the game was on 1st Jan. 2014 v Walsall away (260 league games ago - Nigel Clough manager). 1-0 up at HT (Chris Porter, 17), Walsall scored in 52 mins and 62 mins. to win 2-1.

Last night’s great win puts us two points ahead of where I would realistically have expected us to be at this stage. This is what I would have forecast v actual:

Palace (H) win/win
Chelsea (A) defeat/draw
Everton (A) defeat/win
Watford (A) draw/draw
Arsenal (H) draw/win

Expected 10 points
Actual 12 points

I agree but I would say we should of been aiming to win at Watford, they're a mess right now.

I didn't want to give Adkins any credit though! :)
Nigel Adkins uses that stat in interviews to this day....look at where they are now, I built the foundation

He can claim what he wants. Nigel Clough was in charge for that Walsall game on 1/1/14 (three days before we won at Villa in the 3rd round of the FA Cup, a run which ended in the Hull SF at Wembley). Badkin's first United game was on Aug. 8th 2015.

Palace (H) win/win
Chelsea (A) defeat/draw
Everton (A) defeat/win
Watford (A) draw/draw
Arsenal (H) draw/win

Expected 10 points
Actual 12 points

I think based on our performances we are 3 points light. Should have got at least a draw against Liverpool, Soton and Leicester.

That is true - 146 league games. The last league game where we were winning at half-time and lost the game was on 1st Jan. 2014 v Walsall away (260 league games ago - Nigel Clough manager). 1-0 up at HT (Chris Porter, 17), Walsall scored in 52 mins and 62 mins. to win 2-1.

Walsall? I would never have guessed!

Always Walsall. Always fucking Walsall.

Back
Top Bottom