Incoming? Kalvin Phillips

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I cannot see a] us shelling out another 20m+ in this window, or b] Leeds letting him go this close to the deadline unless they have someone lined up to replace him. They are already going into their second shot at promotion with a barely improved team and losing Philips would weaken them considerably. They would basically be giving up, imo.

I cannot see a] us shelling out another 20m+ in this window, or b] Leeds letting him go this close to the deadline unless they have someone lined up to replace him. They are already going into their second shot at promotion with a barely improved team and losing Philips would weaken them considerably. They would basically be giving up, imo.
United used to do it every year so why can’t other clubs?

Honestly, How does anyone imagine we are going to be spending big again this window? We have already spent double the amount I guess most suspected/feared we would. I would be amazed if we do anything other than a loan now

I'm not convinced we'll buy him, but I'm not sure that Leeds will have much say in whether he stays or goes. If they need the money - and it's a lot of money we're talking - they'll listen to offers. It's the way of the world. Didn't someone say there were whisperings of a transfer embargo in the LS postcode area?

I'm not convinced we'll buy him, but I'm not sure that Leeds will have much say in whether he stays or goes. If they need the money - and it's a lot of money we're talking - they'll listen to offers. It's the way of the world. Didn't someone say there were whisperings of a transfer embargo in the LS postcode area?

I hadn't heard anything about them potentially being under embargo, but will defer to you on that one mate. They could let him go of course but surely they would need a replacement lined up? They seem convinced that they will be pushing for autos again and they could well do that now that Bielsa has a year's experience of the league, but taking Philips out will leave a gaping hole in their midfield. The end of this window is going to be interesting.

I hadn't heard anything about them potentially being under embargo, but will defer to you on that one mate. They could let him go of course but surely they would need a replacement lined up? They seem convinced that they will be pushing for autos again and they could well do that now that Bielsa has a year's experience of the league, but taking Philips out will leave a gaping hole in their midfield. The end of this window is going to be interesting.

I have the perfect solution. £15m + Lunny.

Phillips is the final piece of the jigsaw, fits our business model on recruitment and is the best DM in the Championship. I will be surprised if we don't test Leeds resolve on deadline day.
Don't forget Villa have been interested all window

Phillips is the final piece of the jigsaw, fits our business model on recruitment and is the best DM in the Championship. I will be surprised if we don't test Leeds resolve on deadline day.

I think he's a step too far for us at £30m. I expect us to look at a loan option that can cover 2-3 positions before Thursday. Can't see us leaving such a substantial bid so late.

I think he's a step too far for us at £30m. I expect us to look at a loan option that can cover 2-3 positions before Thursday. Can't see us leaving such a substantial bid so late.

I reckon he'll go for less, will be in the £20m region. We've been surprised with the spending all summer so don't rule out another biggie.

Villa have Grealish and McGinn, so unless one of them leaves late in the window he wont be going there
We have Fleck and Norwood.... no difference really other then Grealish doesn't play as a centre midfielder.

I just have a feeling we have one last surprise present left and my gut says this guy.

Can’t see anything in this whatsoever. Leeds won’t sell him on the eve of the transfer window deadline. Roofe was in and out of the team due to injuries. Phillips is the first player on the team sheet. Think Bielsa would jack.

Think we'll look to make one more loan signing from
Chambers
Holgate
Amartey
Or chalobah

Think the budgets fairly much been used now and I'd be surprised if we have anything left for anything other than a loan
Still looking to cover r/c/m r/c/b r/w/b

Back
Top Bottom