Who made up the “£20m” transfer budget?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Just read your comments about mcabe, the same mcabe that chased hull up the car park and took 2mill for Maguire to keep the club afloat.. I won't bring Kyle walker into it..

Yes a very generous act to carry on funding the club, a player we all knew would be head and shoulders above the level we were at .

He stated he needed that 2million to pay the staff, so again, bravo for backing us up now..

But where's it coming from?

Is it such a difficult question?

No. It’s such a simple and transparently obvious answer that one wonders what sort of mind would ask the question in the first place. Have a look at our shirts, or the fixture list. Read a paper. Check the BBC and Sky websites. Watch the sports news...

Well fine do me on terminology and I'm fine with that, my way of saying it is we were going into the shit ..

It's not that I'm negative far from it, but when things are too good to be true I usually take a backward step and look at the whole picture..

"Buffoons' is an insult that pinchy seems to have focussed on. But when you run a bussiness that is succeeding and you go "to war" with your business partner as you achieve success, well how do you think you'll be percieved by the paying customer ?

I know we've thrown talent to the marketplace to fund the progression of the club and up to now I've seen sensible if frustrating sales, but the budget is way above any expectations and I don't want the clubs future mortgaging like Portsmouth..

We do seem a bit too flush.. from two "blokes," (I'll be nice shall I) who both have stated they haven't the money. To this, fuck yeah I'm concerned..

Well fine do me on terminology and I'm fine with that, my way of saying it is we were going into the shit ..

It's not that I'm negative far from it, but when things are too good to be true I usually take a backward step and look at the whole picture..

"Buffoons' is an insult that pinchy seems to have focussed on. But when you run a bussiness that is succeeding and you go "to war" with your business partner as you achieve success, well how do you think you'll be percieved by the paying customer ?

I know we've thrown talent to the marketplace to fund the progression of the club and up to now I've seen sensible if frustrating sales, but the budget is way above any expectations and I don't want the clubs future mortgaging like Portsmouth..

We do seem a bit too flush.. from two "blokes," (I'll be nice shall I) who both have stated they haven't the money. To this, fuck yeah I'm concerned..

Are you concerned we’re borrowing money?

No. It’s such a simple and transparently obvious answer that one wonders what sort of mind would ask the question in the first place. Have a look at our shirts, or the fixture list. Read a paper. Check the BBC and Sky websites. Watch the sports news...

If your saying were spending all the premier league income and sponsorship that we will recieve, fine. But and there's always gonna be a butt, the wages and transfer fees are astronomic compared to the income, I am over the fucking moon by the way with the signings, but I have a defence mechanism built in that looks long term about the health of the club..

It's not quite wolves who blew everybody out of the water. But then they're owners basically said fuck ffp when they were in the championship, cause they had a wad that they were intent on spunking up the wall..

We on the other hand have just read a sob story. And I'm struggling to connect the two happenings..

If your saying were spending all the premier league income and sponsorship that we will recieve, fine. But and there's always gonna be a butt, the wages and transfer fees are astronomic compared to the income, I am over the fucking moon by the way with the signings, but I have a defence mechanism built in that looks long term about the health of the club..

It's not quite wolves who blew everybody out of the water. But then they're owners basically said fuck ffp when they were in the championship, cause they had a wad that they were intent on spunking up the wall..

We on the other hand have just read a sob story. And I'm struggling to connect the two happenings..

...or to show any gratitude? Who would you castigate if we spent nothing?

Are you concerned we’re borrowing money?

In a nutshell, yes..

I remember with total confusion mcabe issuing us with a 10 million pound loan as we exited the premier league. I was scratching my head as to why that happened. Because we'd secured 30:million in parachute payments (was it) for two seasons, then 5:5million guilty payment from West ham, still Kev put a 10: mill personal loan against the club, and this was before the 25mill settlement..

We'd signed, Rob hulse and john stead. Not Alan shearer. I understand economies of scale, and, mcburnie is the equivalent of a John stead these days, but a few weeks back our glorious owners were arguing about 500k, now it's 20million on top of the 30 we've already spent, without the wages may I add, something isn't adding up.

If we're going shit or bust to stay up then we go for it. But be clear on what it'll cost..

Unless we have a sleeping partner.. with big pockets..

...or to show any gratitude? Who would you castigate if we spent nothing?

No far from it, I've always said to guarantee survival you need a few diamonds or to spend a set amount. (wolves)

I've got absolutely no issues regarding what we spend but I do not want another repeat of the recklessness that surrounded the robson era. I am not talking about the current manager on purpose because in my heart I believe he's the best since Bassett with the purse strings..

But if somebody's rolling a dice, I hope they can cover the bet, just not with our future..

Something isn't adding up mate..

Negative. Your shout, concerned. Hell yeah.

In a nutshell, yes..

I remember with total confusion mcabe issuing us with a 10 million pound loan as we exited the premier league. I was scratching my head as to why that happened. Because we'd secured 30:million in parachute payments (was it) for two seasons, then 5:5million guilty payment from West ham, still Kev put a 10: mill personal loan against the club, and this was before the 25mill settlement..

We'd signed, Rob hulse and john stead. Not Alan shearer. I understand economies of scale, and, mcburnie is the equivalent of a John stead these days, but a few weeks back our glorious owners were arguing about 500k, now it's 20million on top of the 30 we've already spent, without the wages may I add, something isn't adding up.

If we're going shit or bust to stay up then we go for it. But be clear on what it'll cost..

Unless we have a sleeping partner.. with big pockets..

Our income this season should be around £130m minimum. Possibly more with a mid table league position. Because of the court case, I can’t see either owner wanting or being willing to spend any more as things stand.

I am absolutely delighted about the level of spending and was worrying unnecessarily a month ago. Nobody is more impressed and ecstatic than I am.
I hope that nobody thinks I sought to agitate against the club. I have supported McCabe through lean years on here but I simply cannot excuse him over the tangle he has created with the prince. I thought it would hamper our investment this summer and I still think it has ( in P.L. terms) but we have exceeded what I hoped for already in the circumstances. The forum is here for us to express opinions surely.

UTB.

I am absolutely delighted about the level of spending and was worrying unnecessarily a month ago. Nobody is more impressed and ecstatic than I am.
I hope that nobody thinks I sought to agitate against the club. I have supported McCabe through lean years on here but I simply cannot excuse him over the tangle he has created with the prince. I thought it would hamper our investment this summer and I still think it has ( in P.L. terms) but we have exceeded what I hoped for already in the circumstances. The forum is here for us to express opinions surely.

UTB.

It is Woody and I always welcome yours, whether I agree with you or not.

The owners, whatever the precise mechanics, have facilitated expenditure way beyond what most of us expected.

Those who habitually denigrate the club they claim to support leapt on a speculative figure (20m) and used it in their usual fashion. I think it churlish not to appreciate what has happened. It looks as though we have learned from last time when we tried to stay up on a budget that was half what was required and had never kept a club in the Prem before or since. It was my great fear (see my recent back catalogue) that we might try that again. We haven’t. The club has shown genuine ambition. The sort of ambition that some routinely claim we’ve never had and never will. For that I am genuinely grateful.

Some, sadly, are driven by an agenda which takes priority over reality and must be followed at all costs (irony intentional).

Neither of the owners are putting any money in
They don't have to the club has guaranteed income of well in excess of a hundred million pounds with a further 70- 100 million even if we are relagated

Hope that clears things up

Spent a significant amount of money on 8 new players, as well as a new kit to put them all in with a new sponsor on the front......and 2 weeks before the start of the season as well.

Then we'll have the same meltdown about the same things come the end of next season like this all never happened.

The circle of life.

Don't wanna say "I told you so" , but...

Does anyone think that perhaps the £20m transfer budget claim is a red herring?

It's widely known how much income promoted sides receive and any club we approached for a player would know that as well. Over the last 3 years we've somehow defied modern transfer values and I wonder if this a psychological measure to continue it.

Perhaps we will have only spent £20M up front this season before add ons?

I just can't get my head around some one having a go at the club for spending money and comparing Robson and Wilder to do it ….. :tumbleweed:
I’m assuming it’s the same people who wanted us to “Not do a Fulham” who thought 20mill was ok and Chris would be happy with it. Luckily Chris is ambitious.

I’m assuming it’s the same people who wanted us to “Not do a Fulham” who thought 20mill was ok and Chris would be happy with it. Luckily Chris is ambitious.

Luckily the club is ambitious. It’s not Chris who is facilitating the outlay.

Luckily the club is ambitious. It’s not Chris who is facilitating the outlay.
Certainly more than the “look at what happened to Portsmouth” brigade. Glad we have a manager who can drag the club in the right direction.

Was it anyone on here? Can never remember anyone at Bramall Lane quoting that figure, but there were plenty of doom merchants using the figure as though it were gospel
I always thought £40m would be the budget in my head ........but could be £50m ......which would still be prudent in my opinion

There was quite a lengthy thread a couple of months ago regarding how much each poster thought we'd be spending now wed reached the Premier League . Is that where the 20 million rumour began ???

I'd try looking for it but this whole tinterwebby thingy ma jig just goes right over my head :rolleyes:

43m spent so far prob reach 50 by the time we're finished, transfer fees paid in installments (I'd expect 2 installments to coincide with the guaranteed income).

Can anyone explain the cash injection made available for the recent transfers?! Has is come from Sky/Sponsorship deals upfront or have Mcabe/Prince put aside there differences and invested X amount each knowing this will be reclaimed throughout the season? Mental how weve just got 40 mil + made available from being skint. Not complaining like!

Back
Top Bottom