Henderson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I did say we should be looking at some of those Romanian lads!
Hagi....top top player, and favourite player of mine back in the day, along with bergkamp, and Stoichkov I might add.
United need to start looking seriously at these European markets with our budget constraints compared to our new competitors....particularly the Balkan/Eastern European regions.

I think nine of Romania’s starting line up are already full internationals so something is clearly going right with youth development over there. Agreed with the Balkan/E European market and it doesn’t need a hugely expensive scouting operation in place in those regions, contacts with the right agents can work well, which is what a number of other clubs do.

And I’m saying this as someone who hates agents.

Hagi....top top player, and favourite player of mine back in the day, along with bergkamp, and Stoichkov I might add.
United need to start looking seriously at these European markets with our budget constraints compared to our new competitors....particularly the Balkan/Eastern European regions.
Workers (players) from the countries you mention may very well not be granted work permits under post Brexit arrangements. It would be madness to buy/sign them in the near future under EU Work Permit regs. Only to find that they will be subject to different regs in November, when they may no longer be eligible for a Work Permit.

If we get him back, then I think we'll have done well to have (probably, eventually) England's number one for a couple of years.

It's unfortunate that he isn't our player and we won't make any money from him leaving again, but still. It'll hopefully continue to be a fruitful relationship and at the end of the coming season if we're safe we'll be in a better position to weigh up permanents.

Workers (players) from the countries you mention may very well not be granted work permits under post Brexit arrangements. It would be madness to buy/sign them in the near future under EU Work Permit regs. Only to find that they will be subject to different regs in November, when they may no longer be eligible for a Work Permit.

I suspect there will be allowances made for players that are already living and working here, and I also expect there will be agreements made with European countries regarding immigration and working that won’t be too dissimilar to how it is presently.

Plus I recall a ruling that players from non EU countries were still granted work permits if they are international players, so it may be that we move to a similar ruling post Brexit....that is of course of that even happens! the most corrupt, self serving and totally inept members of the UK are working hard to ensure that doesn’t happen in any form!

But it’s a fair point, and does create some uncertainty.

I suspect there will be allowances made for players that are already living and working here, and I also expect there will be agreements made with European countries regarding immigration and working that won’t be too dissimilar to how it is presently.

Plus I recall a ruling that players from non EU countries were still granted work permits if they are international players, so it may be that we move to a similar ruling post Brexit....that is of course of that even happens! the most corrupt, self serving and totally inept members of the UK are working hard to ensure that doesn’t happen in any form!

But it’s a fair point, and does create some uncertainty.

Before I joined the Carrier Bag Firm full time, one of my jobs was helping maintain the algorithm under which non EU foreign players could be granted a work permit. There is a core common sense. The player has to have played a lot of recent games for a highly ranked nation. Any International from a low ranked nation would NOT automatically get a Work Permit. And, as you'll be aware, No Deal means No Deal, nothing in place, no agreement, no transition period, No in fact Deal.

I also used to calculate the Consumer Price Index (inflation) for the small island of Tristan da Cunha. But, when the Carrier Bag Firm come calling, you've got to give up the good stuff....

Before I joined the Carrier Bag Firm full time, one of my jobs was helping maintain the algorithm under which non EU foreign players could be granted a work permit. There is a core common sense. The player has to have played a lot of recent games for a highly ranked nation. Any International from a low ranked nation would NOT automatically get a Work Permit. And, as you'll be aware, No Deal means No Deal, nothing in place, no agreement, no transition period, No in fact Deal.

I also used to calculate the Consumer Price Index (inflation) for the small island of Tristan da Cunha. But, when the Carrier Bag Firm come calling, you've got to give up the good stuff....

Even if there is a no deal Brexit, I very much doubt we are going to deport millions of EU nationals overnight.

I can’t see any club pulling out of a deal for an EU player based on Brexit.

Even if there is a no deal Brexit, I very much doubt we are going to deport millions of EU nationals overnight.

I can’t see any club pulling out of a deal for an EU player based on Brexit.
Before I joined the Carrier Bag Firm full time..... oh forget it ..... Yes, I see it all, Brexit is so wonderfully clear. And, it wouldn't be a case of deporting EU Nationals overnight. Here, my friend, is how it'll play out in Modern Money Football. In early November, some team owned by a non-EU National (eg House Of Saud), will lose to a team playing an EU National up top. Technically that EU National will not have a work permit. The losing club get relegated by one point. They'll sue the winning team for multi mill compo. Lots of promises & platitudes about "not deporting EU Nationals" does not equal a Law. Without a Law, that player (deported or not) will be playing illegally. And the Law can then be used to argue there isn't a Law.

Signed - someone who used to work on granting Work Permits to footballers....

Before I joined the Carrier Bag Firm full time..... oh forget it ..... Yes, I see it all, Brexit is so wonderfully clear. And, it wouldn't be a case of deporting EU Nationals overnight. Here, my friend, is how it'll play out in Modern Money Football. In early November, some team owned by a non-EU National (eg House Of Saud), will lose to a team playing an EU National up top. Technically that EU National will not have a work permit. The losing club get relegated by one point. They'll sue the winning team for multi mill compo. Lots of promises & platitudes about "not deporting EU Nationals" does not equal a Law. Without a Law, that player (deported or not) will be playing illegally. And the Law can then be used to argue there isn't a Law.

Signed - someone who used to work on granting Work Permits to footballers....

So how will we stand with players currently in the country? There must be hundreds of EU players in the Premier League and Football League that wouldn’t qualify for a work permit.

Surely all EU players will just apply to stay and presumably most will be granted that right?

I think the biggest post Brexit change, will be that top Premier League teams will not be able to recruit numerous foreign ‘prospects’ unless they put them in their first team squad and pay them an appropriate wage.

Consequently, I expect they will try to plunder every UK academy for any lad who looks like he might have half a chance 🤔

This could be a masterstroke from Tufty, post Brexit we'll be the only club that can field a team and we'll win the league!

I love a foreign player now and again (Fjortoft, Borbokis Dellas spring to mind, not so much Jostein Flo though!) but wouldn't it be heroic to be the only team to have no foreign players, unless we count Egan and Enda and Ireland used to be part of the UK - not going there in that debate!

You do know it's not the same hagi ,slightly diffferent dna

So how will we stand with players currently in the country? There must be hundreds of EU players in the Premier League and Football League that wouldn’t qualify for a work permit.

Surely all EU players will just apply to stay and presumably most will be granted that right?
YES Blade I don't feel you & I are far apart. We're both saying something like - unless there is a Deal which definitively clarifies the Work Permit position of EU Nationals who are already working in the UK, chaos & litigation will inevitably happen.

When a football club used to stamp their feet about a Work Permit & send their lawyers in, the civil servants used to wheel me out & say - we don't want to go to Court, but if we do, Phil will be our expert witness on how to apply the algorithm & criteria, this is what he will say in Court .... Phil, over to you.

I never went to Court.... Because the Rules were very clear.

I will make another point. If Primark & Matalan are employing EU Nationals after a No Deal Brexit, Primark would not take Matalan to Court over Work Permits & say - we want Compo.

But, if Sheffield United & West Ham are employing "illegals", there is much more reason for one to take the other to Court. Football is a Mad Industry.

Soooooooo, a new slant on the Tevez saga

carrier bags full of tenners ?
Strictly, the Tevez thing wasn't a Work Permit thing. It was more a Football's Own Regulations thing. But, the work I did was an eye opener. Because Work Permits for footballers was essentially based on an equation, a sum. There were Agents working for players & clubs who maintained databases & spreadsheets. They would know that if (eg) Cameroon beat Benin a week on Thursday, the Cameroon full back & holding midfielder would be eligible for a UK Work Permit the next morning. That's where the money would have been for someone with my knowledge. Not in Brown Carrier Bags, but in setting up with Agents to fully understand the ramifications of upcoming Internationals, so they were ahead of the game.

The worrying thing about this is the uncertainty it brings. When the Blades qualify for Europe next season how difficult will it be for the players and supporters to travel to Barcelona to fulfil our European Championship fixture the following year?

Egan, Stevens and McGoldrick all have Irish passports and if we sign Scott Hogan so has he. I've also got an Irish passport but I've got to tell you I'm going to feel a bit intimidated in a 100,000 capacity stadium singing the Chip Buttie song on mi jacks.

Also that team will have a problem keeping the score down to two or three to give us a chance in the return at the Lane. Surely Duffy and O' Connell have to be able to get citizenship with names like that and then we could go for a low scoring draw.

Thanks for asking....
The main issue with the Tristan da Cunha Consumer Price Index was that we could never get reliable information about the price of shoes. At one stage, we were sending Diplomatic Telexes from the Foreign & Commonwealth Office asking them to monitor boats from St Helena to see if there was Shoe Smuggling going on. I was very much an "Applied Statistician"

This could be a masterstroke from Tufty, post Brexit we'll be the only club that can field a team and we'll win the league!

I love a foreign player now and again (Fjortoft, Borbokis Dellas spring to mind, not so much Jostein Flo though!) but wouldn't it be heroic to be the only team to have no foreign players, unless we count Egan and Enda and Ireland used to be part of the UK - not going there in that debate!

Good old Vas bombing down the wing eh . Let’s not forget Petr Kachuro , whatever happened to him ?

don't forget Rodger Nilsen - steady player there.

TBF to Joistein Flo we played him totally out of position he was a midfielder and not a striker.

Update from twitter.

28 of the accounts I reported yesterday for using terms like nonce and Peado in relation to Henderson have had their accounts temporarily suspended or received warnings on their future conduct.

Time well spent I think.

So. My view is great keepers don't have a howler in them. And Henderson does. I hold that view. And I've Blogged that view. I am also not a fan of isolating your striker. But, there's also a detailed assessment of the Romanian Ultras & a flag turf war. And, Brewery No. 106 & their Amarillo American IPA. I'm hoping my views will not be enough for zablade to Grass me to the Cyber Authorities. I'm politely asking him NOT to clicky linky....

https://ball-sup.blogspot.com/2019/06/bad-tats-moody-steroids.html

So. My view is great keepers don't have a howler in them.

So your view is that...

Lev Yashin
Gordon Banks
Peter Shilton
Alan Kelly
Peter Schmeichel
David Seaman
Petr Czech

...Are not great goalkeepers? Because I’ve seen all them have an howler from time to time.

I think I will also not click your linky as clearly you know Jack Shit so it won’t be worth looking at 👍

So your view is that...

Lev Yashin
Gordon Banks
Peter Shilton
Alan Kelly
Peter Schmeichel
David Seaman
Petr Czech

...Are not great goalkeepers? Because I’ve seen all them have an howler from time to time.

I think I will also not click your linky as clearly you know Jack Shit so it won’t be worth looking at 👍
Did you see Yashin live, in the flesh, or are you talking about TV? If you saw him live, it'd be interesting to hear the circumstances. I love stories like that.

Back
Top Bottom