Outgoing? Chris Wilder

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

What article is that part of?

It's in the Sun today, but not on the "hot line" page. Separate article on the page before. I'd take a pic and post it, but wifes reading todays crappy gossip :(

Mentions a new deal for CW to ward off the vultures. Mentions £20m budget. Not Nixon that's wrote this one

On the hot line page, Nixon says Dowells name is mentioned again. CW wants to bring him back

It's in the Sun today, but not on the "hot line" page. Separate article on the page before. I'd take a pic and post it, but wifes reading todays crappy gossip :(

Mentions a new deal for CW to ward off the vultures. I think it also mentions he ain't happy with the budget

On the not line page, Dowells name is mentioned again. CW wants to bring him back

If it is £20m then he's well within his rights to kick off. He's already worked miracles, forcing him to work another one would be a major slap in the face.

If it is £20m then he's well within his rights to kick off. He's already worked miracles, forcing him to work another one would be a major slap in the face.
Got another 4 weeks until we know who owns the club too. When’s the transfer deadline?

Got another 4 weeks until we know who owns the club too. When’s the transfer deadline?
To be fair, Chris has been on TV an awful lot recently, 6 days ago most recent, and never has he given any impression or hint that he is anything less than very happy. The best indication was when he said the budget would be somewhere between Cardiff and Fulham.

One thing we don't know is what has been agreed budget wise and what affect, if any, the boadroom court case is having or will have once we eventually have a ruling. This is nothing new to Tufty, he knew the courst case wouldn't be resolved at this point so you'd hope that the budget and plans are moving forwards regardless. So, unless there could be friction depending which way it goes, nothing has changed so why would he be 'increasingly frustrated' ?

One thing we don't know is what has been agreed budget wise and what affect, if any, the boadroom court case is having or will have once we eventually have a ruling. This is nothing new to Tufty, he knew the courst case wouldn't be resolved at this point so you'd hope that the budget and plans are moving forwards regardless. So, unless there could be friction depending which way it goes, nothing has changed so why would he be 'increasingly frustrated' ?
I like sensible posts. Keeps me grounded when I’m in the cusp of worrying. Cheers Jim.

If he's not happy with his budget then, assuming he's got at least £30m, what the hell was he expecting?
Hes already said hes happy with the budget .Sky just making mischief ,Wilder has unfinished business with the club he loves why would he leave at this juncture,all a load of crap being put in the media.

Would look pretty good on his CV if he got them up next season tbf.

League One to Championship - SUFC
10th place Championship - SUFC
Championship to Prem - SUFC
Championship to Prem - WBA

Equally as good if not better though would be keeping us in the Prem.

Hes already said hes happy with the budget .Sky just making mischief ,Wilder has unfinished business with the club he loves why would he leave at this juncture,all a load of crap being put in the media.

Also, Wilder has said he didn't want to put the future of the club at risk by getting silly with money. Just because we have PL money now doesn't mean there is a bottomless pit of it for him to dive into.

Would look pretty good on his CV if he got them up next season tbf.

League One to Championship - SUFC
10th place Championship - SUFC
Championship to Prem - SUFC
Championship to Prem - WBA

Equally as good if not better though would be keeping us in the Prem.

If you included the money in from the resale of Walker and Maguire and if Brooks triggers some of those additional fees. Mixed with a 20m budget. Then kept us up.

Would go from 11th in League to staying up in the premiership with a transfer profit!

surely 100 million minium for going up possibley 170m more revenue on top and he only get a budget of 20 m i wouldnt be happy either

surely 100 million minium for going up possibley 170m more revenue on top and he only get a budget of 20 m i wouldnt be happy either

I think the £20m figure has been grossly distorted. Last year's budget was around that figure and I'd guess next season's will be more than double, which will comprise fees and salaries including for two loans. A free or a loan can quite easily cost more than a fee+salary so I don't think people should get to too hung up on just the figure they believe will be spent on fees alone.

I'm not buying this '£20m budget' at all. Firstly, even Kevin McCabe can't be so delusional as to think that a 'healthy budget to survive and prosper' is anything less than £30m for transfer fees.
Secondly, Chris himself has said that he is happy with the budget he has been given, and that it is also 'flexible'.
One possibility though is that Chris is finding that his budget will not stretch as far as he expected, with some of the fees being quoted/speculated.

I don’t think Wilders budget is set in stone. If he finds a bargain like Norwood he can go to the board and sell that player to them. If we sign 4-5 and then say someone like Kelvin Phillips, Jared Bowen etc (random names) became available for under 10m later in the summer i would imagine the same approach would be used

Seems to be a recurring theme. Wilder negotiating a new contract - reports in the press about him being unhappy...

Seems to be a recurring theme. Wilder negotiating a new contract - reports in the press about him being unhappy...

Aye, part of me thought that too. And that's not to be critical of Wilder. It's pretty textbook and an important tactic, particularly given how Wilder's affection for SUFC could lead to the club trying to try pay him less than he's worth, or not give him what he needs. Good on him for making clear that's not the case. All that said, there's been no suggestion that the last time Wilder was reported to have been unhappy was just a ploy. Wilder even said he thought he might be leaving. I think he's just making clear that he won't be taken for a ride.

I should point out that it serves a useful narrative for people to think we don't have much to spend. Boro want to recoup £15m for Assambalonga yet want him off their wage bill. If they think we only have £20m then maybe £8-10m look's good for them.

Definitely isn’t. Sky don’t even own Sky Bet. Also, do you think either company would risk anything somewhat dubious like that? Tin foil hats off I think.

Suits the agenda mate.

Some folk are deluded if they don't think Wilder would think very seriously about leaving with what is happening behind the scenes and relativity small budget he seems to have because of it. We are dead certs for relegation at the moment with this squad and rumored signings, his stock will never be higher than it is now and he knows that.

Some folk are deluded if they don't think Wilder would think very seriously about leaving with what is happening behind the scenes and relativity small budget he seems to have because of it. We are dead certs for relegation at the moment with this squad and rumored signings, his stock will never be higher than it is now and he knows that.
Wishful thinking on your part

What’s happening behind the scenes budget wise and how much is this small budget he’s been given?

Back
Top Bottom