The morning after....

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Watched it in a bar near Edinburgh. Annoying man city demanding to speak about football and how well he knows Liam and Noel (their mum used to babysit me etc). Told him that prior to them being galactico's of European football, they would not consider a 3-0 lead with 20 mins left safe, such is the innate pessimism we once shared. "No way our ked you lot are batterin these brummy fuckers, shit on the villa eh". (He did call Wednesday a set of cunts because he once got dodgy directions to h'brough and ended up at BDTBL)

20 mins later I was vomiting in disgust.

Today I still feel like vomiting. In someones face.

Sorry that doesn't advance the discussion greatly.

Bastard.

Football is strange,I'm still in shock at last night's 10 minutes of Sunday league football,let's hope we don't miss autos by 2 points,however if we had staged a comeback from 3-0 down we would all be lauding it as one of the best displays,beat Boro and reading and we would have secured 7 points from the 3 games

Didn't get to sleep until 6am tutting and shaking my head.

Woke up.

Still absolutely furious.

Don't want anything to do with football, and feel like telling all the players to coco (in stronger terms) on their "we go again" Instagram posts.

Honestly, even this website having a little United badge near the menu thing is making me angry.

Fucking United.

Only way over this is to beat Boro.

A defeat at home to them and I'll be concerned where we're heading over the rest of the season.
Need to be careful on here, I suggested the same thing last night and was labelled as not a true Blade o_O

Middlesbrough will probably determine where our season will be heading. Not to say that if we lose we’ll fall out of the play-offs or not challenge for the top 2. But when it really comes to the crunch games these players rarely seem to know how to deal with the pressure. Although it’s an improvement upon last year, the mentality of some of the players appears pretty fragile at times.

I'm 60. I like to think that most of the time I'm a level headed sort of bloke. "It's only football". Jeez, it wasn't "only football" last night, it's the first time for a very long time that I've been kept awake by "what if" thoughts! However, it appears to be what United do, whoever's in charge, whoever's in the team. Just putting it down to experience, and hoping that Boro somehow manage to at least get a draw today (wow, they're winning 1-0!), and that Ipswich have some sort of miracle tomorrow. I don't think all is lost (I did last night), but I am worried about how it may have affected Hendo's confidence. Anyway, onwards and upwards, as they say! UTB.

The change for me was getting Duffy on the pitch. His ball retention is different class.
Hmmm depends when you do it. It wasn't as if we were holding on when they scored the first.

Except Henderson fucked up against Leeds. Not all that long ago. And on tv. Maybe he can't handle the big games ....or probably has got too biggy big bollox. Put Moore in.

So? have you never made more than one mistake? Some harsh critics out there on an excellent young keeper.

He made two big errors last night. Accepted and we move on.
He and Egan also made a big error v Leeds, accepted and moved on

Need to be careful on here, I suggested the same thing last night and was labelled as not a true Blade o_O

Middlesbrough will probably determine where our season will be heading. Not to say that if we lose we’ll fall out of the play-offs or not challenge for the top 2. But when it really comes to the crunch games these players rarely seem to know how to deal with the pressure. Although it’s an improvement upon last year, the mentality of some of the players appears pretty fragile at times.

Wouldnt worry about them.

We've all got concerns and opinions. Being positive about everything doesn't make you a better fan.

I'll be right behind them against Boro but it doesn't stop me having this awful nagging feeling that we'll look back at last night as a pivotal moment.

Goes without saying I hope I'm wrong.

Except Henderson fucked up against Leeds. Not all that long ago. And on tv. Maybe he can't handle the big games ....or probably has got too biggy big bollox. Put Moore in.
And the last minute against Stoke where I could have stopped that scuffer.
3 mistakes that have blown a top two chance and could yet cost us a place in the playoffs.
He's not half as good as he thinks he is.
He's not good enough for SUFC.
And Moore is even worse.
Some awful signings by CW and even worse 'sales' despite his success.
And don't get me started on corners freekicks and FFS long throws, let alone seeing a game out.

the mentality of some of the players appears pretty fragile at times.

Jesus fucking Christ. Are you fucking kidding?

Someone's certainly fucking fragile - and it's not the fucking players.

Maybe you'd like to discuss with Jack O'Connell in person just how fucking fragile he is.

Get a fucking grip.

Jesus fucking Christ. Are you fucking kidding?

Someone's certainly fucking fragile - and it's not the fucking players.

Maybe you'd like to discuss with Jack O'Connell in person just how fucking fragile he is.

Get a fucking grip.
Chill the fuck out. Talk about putting words in my mouth. The way we’ve dropped points this season shows we can be quite naive or we can crack under the pressure. Obviously this team has done tremendously well to get us to the position we are in, but nobody can deny we’ve dropped some easy points when in great positions.

Chill the fuck out. Talk about putting words in my mouth. The way we’ve dropped points this season shows we can be quite naive or we can crack under the pressure. Obviously this team has done tremendously well to get us to the position we are in, but nobody can deny we’ve dropped some easy points when in great positions.

Everybody's dropped points, and thrown things away, not because they're fucking fairies, but because that's the way of the fucking world. Guess what petal. No-one's perfect.

Fragile. Fuck me.

Millwall. 2-0 up. 2-2. Win 3-2. At fucking Millwall. What a fucking game. What a fucking team.

Fragile.

Nowt has changed, still gutted and angry we threw that away....just watched it back as it was difficult to see exactly what happened from our seats...

1) Sharp was lucky his second was given.
2) Henderson's handling and positioning and was awful.
3) Wilders substitutions were questionable to say the least. Dowell was having a great game and taking him off left huge holes. I think his reaction at the end of the game showed that he knew he may have contributed to the collapse.
4) Coppers were OTT, proper bully boys...and the fat Head Steward was desperate to chuck as many out as possible

All in all.....pissed off doesn't come close...we could pay dearly for those two dropped points at the end of the season.

Re 1. Rules state the goalkeeper has to have the ball “under control”, imo it wasn’t. He may have got 2 hands to it but it wasn’t in his grasp “under control” so the goal was legit.

The sign of a good player / manager is realizing an error,
Then getting over it to become a better player / manager
Hendo made 2 errors yesterday, the one against Leeds was a bad back pass which took him out of position
The only problem with a goalkeeping error is it normally results in a goal ,
But for every error like last night there’s a 3 on 1 save like Norwich at home ,
He will learn from his mistake, if he doesn’t that’s when he needs to be spoken too ,
Not sadly knee jerk reactions to every bad pass / move / substitutions like what happens on here on a regular basis

Good job Klopp doesn't totally follow your logic. Henderson needs dropping for a few games. Stop being an apologist for Henderson. He was crap against Villa. He got away with a punch when he should have caught it.

What next a fuck up against WBA at the Hawthorns and you let him off again? No drop him for a few games and see the effect.

If we miss the autos by 2 points then you can blame either last night or the 0-0 at home with the pigs, both equally as inept in my view.

No wonder at your age! :D

Really? The Burnley PO Final? TheHuddersfield PO Final that allowed the pigs to pip us to promotion? Losing to Yeovil in the play-offs? Losing 7-6 to Swindon in the play-offs? Last minute pen. conceded by Hammond at Old Trafford that cost us around £1m? Losing 4-0 at Swansea that consigned us to six, long years in Division One?

I've been present at every disappointment since we went down on the last day of the 1968 season and last night barely registers.

(Mind, at 21.45 last night, I tried ringing The Samaritans. It was permanently engaged. :D)
Chelsea? please never again.

Good job Klopp doesn't totally follow your logic. Henderson needs dropping for a few games. Stop being an apologist for Henderson. He was crap against Villa. He got away with a punch when he should have caught it.

What next a fuck up against WBA at the Hawthorns and you let him off again? No drop him for a few games and see the effect.
Unfortunately Bladefisher , nowhere in my post did I say Hendo had a good game , he had a poor game , but to equate us with Liverpool is a bit diengpus, unless the blades are going to drop 50+ million for a player
If a player ( Long for example) has a consistently bad run of games , then I’d consider dropping the
Player , one to stop him becoming Sheffield United fans latest scapegoat , Stevens , lundstrum , last / this season , and as a confidence measure,
I’m not for throwing a player under a bus , I believe in supporting players through good , and bad periods of there careers with us
After all it wasn’t so long ago when a good few posters on here where criticisng a fat lad from Sheffield, and me and TYLER D , were defending him
Nowt so fickle as folk at times
UTB

Back
Top Bottom