The morning after....

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Torrix1889

A reight Bobby Dazzler
Reaction score
Nowt has changed, still gutted and angry we threw that away....just watched it back as it was difficult to see exactly what happened from our seats...

1) Sharp was lucky his second was given.
2) Henderson's handling and positioning and was awful.
3) Wilders substitutions were questionable to say the least. Dowell was having a great game and taking him off left huge holes. I think his reaction at the end of the game showed that he knew he may have contributed to the collapse.
4) Coppers were OTT, proper bully boys...and the fat Head Steward was desperate to chuck as many out as possible

All in all.....pissed off doesn't come close...we could pay dearly for those two dropped points at the end of the season.

A bit of perspective.. I can see something similar happening during playoffs. The way we bottled it last night will be in the back of players (& fans!) minds now

Can't argue with any of that.

You'd think at my age it wouldn't have the same effect but I've had a restless night screwing over it.

After the Burnley play off defeat it took me 2 weeks to get over it and I told myself I'd never let them get to me as much again as I thought it was pathetic of me.

Nowt has changed, still gutted and angry we threw that away....just watched it back as it was difficult to see exactly what happened from our seats...

1) Sharp was lucky his second was given.
2) Henderson's handling and positioning and was awful.
3) Wilders substitutions were questionable to say the least. Dowell was having a great game and taking him off left huge holes. I think his reaction at the end of the game showed that he knew he may have contributed to the collapse.
4) Coppers were OTT, proper bully boys...and the fat Head Steward was desperate to chuck as many out as possible

All in all.....pissed off doesn't come close...we could pay dearly for those two dropped points at the end of the season.

We were absolutely fantastic for 81 minutes.
We made three mistakes, big clangers and we paid for those mistakes with a goal for each.
Henderson was the only player that didn't have a great game.
Basham was probably lucky to stay on the field
Sharps did what he needed to do for the second, it was tight on the keeper having it in his hands, he was stood offside, but he did what he needed to do. The rest was down to the officials. Villa didn't protest TOO much.

Substitutions
Madine - He'd run his nuts off, he'd played the physical role and looked ready to come off when he did. McG initially did what he was required to do, he linked up well with Billy (Billy seems fitter each and every game and put a right shift in)
Dowell - Tough one, I think Wilder was probably looking to bring Cranie in, 0-3 up and with Basham suspended for the next two games, i think it was a sensible change. Again, 0-3 up after 74 mins, you bring fresh legs on and give game time. It happens in so many games and nothing wrong with it. Basham into midfield made sense, Coutts wasn't on the bench, so he was the next sensible option. In hindsight, perhaps Bash for Cranie might've worked too.
Washington - Billy had done his job, Washington offers fresh legs and he was chasing everything.
Wilders substitutions were fair enough, i wouldn't really have done much different and there was no screaming at the TV for any of them.

The 3 goals were due to pressure and freak errors from normally reliable players

I know this is a really defeatist, negative attitude but... I would have taken a point before the game.

On the plus side Dowell played really well and Sharp is up there with Deane in terms of club importance now for me.

I was thinking the same, without looking at the scoreline a draw looks good. Remember when we drew at Bury in the promotion season - wilder said it was an important point. Maybe it’s the same case here. Just the way we crumbled doesn’t bode well for the business end of the season

Pretty much said it all but to add perspective, if I'd said after the game to any blade after giving them the teams and subs that came on for dowelled, sharp and Maine, then went on to explain we were 3 -0 up going into the last 10 mins but for 2 pretty bad mistakes by 1 player and 1 terrible clearance by a second that all three led directly to goals, would any of you, without seeing the game have chosen Henderson and joc as our vilified players?
It was the most bizarre set of circumstances I've seen watching the blades in almost 50 years.
Apart from the obvious it was a bloody great game played by the lads and I'm certain we play like we did in the first 80 mins of that game for the remaining fixtures and, I believe we are going up.
UTB

Never seen anything like it and yes, I still can't believe it the morning after.

We have to try and take the positives out of it, although we had a bit of luck with the 2nd, for 82 minutes, it was as good a professional performance as you'd see away from home against a top side. What effect this will have we'll have to wait and see but again, it shows that we're very close to where we want to be.

As for the subs, I don't think a single person would have argued with them at the time.

Can't argue with any of that.

You'd think at my age it wouldn't have the same effect but I've had a restless night screwing over it.

After the Burnley play off defeat it took me 2 weeks to get over it and I told myself I'd never let them get to me as much again as I thought it was pathetic of me.

Most I've been affected by a result since we went down from The Premiership. Gonna be hard to get over this one. Certainly won't be able to watch any football this weekend and I'm dreading the Boro game.

I was thinking the same, without looking at the scoreline a draw looks good. Remember when we drew at Bury in the promotion season - wilder said it was an important point. Maybe it’s the same case here. Just the way we crumbled doesn’t bode well for the business end of the season

We beat Bury twice in the promotion season. Maybe you mean Oldham?

It's definitely going to affect the players and the fans in games coming up. I really worry last night has fucked us up. So gutting.

Honestly?

Pissed off, I want to be top.
Disbelief, can't believe we threw that away.
Worried, hoping our whole season doesn't wobble

Can't bring myself to pay attention to any football today. They next game cannot come quick enough for us. Wilder has to do something with the lads over the next few days to shake this off, it can't affect us, but right now it feels like a defeat.

You'd think at my age it wouldn't have the same effect but I've had a restless night screwing.

No wonder at your age! :D

Most I've been affected by a result since we went down from The Premiership. Gonna be hard to get over this one.

Really? The Burnley PO Final? TheHuddersfield PO Final that allowed the pigs to pip us to promotion? Losing to Yeovil in the play-offs? Losing 7-6 to Swindon in the play-offs? Last minute pen. conceded by Hammond at Old Trafford that cost us around £1m? Losing 4-0 at Swansea that consigned us to six, long years in Division One?

I've been present at every disappointment since we went down on the last day of the 1968 season and last night barely registers.

(Mind, at 21.45 last night, I tried ringing The Samaritans. It was permanently engaged. :D)

Most I've been affected by a result since we went down from The Premiership. Gonna be hard to get over this one. Certainly won't be able to watch any football this weekend and I'm dreading the Boro game.
I feel the same. It’s gonna take me a while to get over last night. I’m just glad that the ref didn’t add a couple of extra minutes as I could see villa actually getting a winner!!!. I’ve got a horrible feeling that boro will see the way we capitulated in those final 10 minutes and punish us on weds night!!!.
My confidence for us making the top 2 has disappeared now as I can see Weeds getting a win at boro later and Norwich will beat Ipswich tomorrow.
I hope I’m wrong but I think our collapse last night could have a really bad effect on the players?. They’re going to need to raise one hell of a performance on weds night to get a little of my confidence back!!. UTB

I hope I'm wrong.

Me too.

Convinced all week this game would be decisive one way or another. Still wasn't comfortable at 3-0 tbh but was hoping it was a statement that would see us finish the season strongly with loads of belief.

Instead we capitulated like we have too often for a team at the top of the league.

Boro is huge now.

Wasn’t
We beat Bury twice in the promotion season. Maybe you mean Oldham?

It's definitely going to affect the players and the fans in games coming up. I really worry last night has fucked us up. So gutting.
it after the last minute equaliser at Fleetwood? Can’t remember now

I’ve come away to North Yorkshire with my wife for a weekend away together. She was nice enough to suggest that I watch the game even though we were meant to be spending some time together as I’ve been working away. Had to watch it on my phone as no Sky in the country pub we’re in. I hope she’s still talking to me this morning after I threw my phone across the room and sat sulking in the toilet for 20 mins after the game... and I’m 41.

I’m trying not to think of it today but couldn’t help checking the site for some sort of catharsis. Still can’t believe what a fuckup that was after the perfect 82 mins of football.

We HAVE to beat boro on Wednesday.

The stewarding last night was the worst in a long time. The minute we went 2-0 up they got really tetchy and were desperate to take it out in Blades fans. Totally uncalled for but sadly unexpected as well. There were one or two of them that really need to take a look at themselves. Grown men acting childish presumably because there team was losing. Amazing how there attitude has changed at the end. The job they do shouldn’t be affected by the scoreline

No wonder at your age! :D

Really? The Burnley PO Final? TheHuddersfield PO Final that allowed the pigs to pip us to promotion? Losing to Yeovil in the play-offs? Losing 7-6 to Swindon in the play-offs? Last minute pen. conceded by Hammond at Old Trafford that cost us around £1m? Losing 4-0 at Swansea that consigned us to six, long years in Division One?

I've been present at every disappointment since we went down on the last day of the 1968 season and last night barely registers.

(Mind, at 21.45 last night, I tried ringing The Samaritans. It was permanently engaged. :D)

Swear down that last night was the most immediately gutted I've been since Wigan. I don't know why. I am a weirdo remember

I was at a do last night so wasn't able to see it or get any updates. My reaction to seeing the result was one of relief that had not lost. Finding out that we had chucked away a 3 goal lead was pretty disappointing but didn't fully take away the relief that we hadn't lost.

I guess it's harder to be objective if you watched it unfold at the time.

I just had to laugh in a sick way , knew what was coming after they scored was saying to a youngun next to me .... I'm gutted but this team has defied the typical United I've grown to love over 50 years, I'm a half empty character but after last night taking the freak last bit out of it I now believe we'll go straight up.... we were brilliant ...wilder and that squad won't let it get them down they'll not let it happen again for me 10wins and we'll go up it's that even a league UTB

Back
Top Bottom