Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ye Old English Samson bottom of Duke St. Passed it dozens and dozens of time on the Intake trams but it never registered in my brain. Discovered it in old photos like this. What a striking building, another victim of progress. I read somewhere, probably SH, the urinal cisterns had glass sides and in the cisterns where goldfish but no one could substantiate the story. Good story, hope it can be proved, could any one on here? Note 95 , Intake , Atlantian bus photo must be 60/61. What is it with the old black car bottom left is it abandoned wrecked?

Ye Old English Samson bottom of Duke St. Passed it dozens and dozens of time on the Intake trams but it never registered in my brain. Discovered it in old photos like this. What a striking building, another victim of progress. I read somewhere, probably SH, the urinal cisterns had glass sides and in the cisterns where goldfish but no one could substantiate the story. Good story, hope it can be proved, could any one on here? Note 95 , Intake , Atlantian bus photo must be 60/61. What is it with the old black car bottom left is it abandoned wrecked?

My Dad drank in there, there were some photos of him and his mates. He never mentioned the goldfish or whatever and the photos showed the tap room at least, was pretty basic.

That little block contained a bakers, toy shop, womenswear, chip shop - best fish cakes ever - barbers where we all went and I think a florist then Willoughbys newsagents on the corner and everything you'd need shop which smelled of polish. Run by spinster sisters, one of who was disabled and disfigured. Bonfire night it was incredible as they loaded up with fireworks.

Yep 95.

s-l1600.jpg
Anyone know which ground please. Have heard it's Hillsborough but don't think so.

My Dad drank in there, there were some photos of him and his mates. He never mentioned the goldfish or whatever and the photos showed the tap room at least, was pretty basic.

That little block contained a bakers, toy shop, womenswear, chip shop - best fish cakes ever - barbers where we all went and I think a florist then Willoughbys newsagents on the corner and everything you'd need shop which smelled of polish. Run by spinster sisters, one of who was disabled and disfigured. Bonfire night it was incredible as they loaded up with fireworks.

Yep 95.
I think your dad would have mentioned something like that to you if only out of interest. Yer bonfire night some magic memories, can't be doing with the Tick or Treat thing, it's mi age.

I think your dad would have mentioned something like that to you if only out of interest. Yer bonfire night some magic memories, can't be doing with the Tick or Treat thing, it's mi age.

He'd have brought me a goldfish home!

View attachment 41108
John Taylors on Surrey Street, my dad used to take me there for my monthly bowl cut :eek:
Went to JT'S myself for many a year when there was enough to warrant the cost. Nice young lady used to cut my hair on a regular basis and was good. Like most good things they end, she move to open her own shop in the dark side of Sheffield bit to far away to make it viable apart from going there. Our son was at school with JT'S son, which was a coincidence as I was at school with Rodger Sherwood and I believe they both became World Champion hairdressers. Rodger certainly did.

Peter Osgood not Houseman
Certainly. Believe it's Joseph Shaw to Mallender's left then positionally either Monks or Badger. Pick badger fairer hair. Then Mallender's right, again positionally, Docherty who scored a penalty in 1-2 loss, Bugger.

Back
Top Bottom