Hull fans protesting

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

And so it begins Ull City = Coventry City mark 2. Referees whistles inside the stadium again FFS. If thats their tactic then they get no sympathy and deserve their ground being shut down.

Pathetic protest designed to totally disrupt the game with no doubt more whistling when we are attacking then when they are. Its about time the EFL and FA started taking direct action against protests that are deliberately designed to disrupt games. 10 points deducted per protest would be a good deterrent.

Wonder if Sky's commentators will talk bllocks again about how hard done to the fans are in between the 20th hold up of the first half. If they carry out this threat the game should be abandoned and we should be awarded the points and a 0-3 scoreline. Never going to happen though is it.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hull-city-vice-chairman-ehab-1210539
Goes without saying that it’s us who’ll be painted in a bad light.

Why couldn’t it happen against the.Pigs, would be interesting if they would have been so understanding of whistles were blown or balls chucked on the pitch when they were attacking.

Suppose it wouldn’t happen though, Sky tend to go to matches where the higher profile teams like us are visiting, not the likes of the Pigs.

To be honest, it even stretches it if they get any of my support in a peaceful protest. They’ve always been bitter towards us for some reason so it would be funny for us to return the favour. Do you think they’d be supporting us if we were in their position?

The comment from the Hull fan who thinks getting a game played behind closed doors will highlight their plight to the football world :confused: what a dick.

And what gives us the right to decide when a protest is in the right or wrong fashion? Charlton delayed the game with their footballs and mini taxis (coincidentally I have one of each, a piece of football history!)

If someone was protesting about the use of weed killers in gardening by taking a dump in your raised flowerbed next Saturday morning, presumably you’d lean out of your bedroom window and applaud?

If someone was protesting about the use of weed killers in gardening by taking a dump in your raised flowerbed next Saturday morning, presumably you’d lean out of your bedroom window and applaud?

Great analogy, mate. Exactly the same situation. :rolleyes:

Good luck to them I say. Think of how bad things felt during the Adkins era etc and at least the club wasn’t in real danger of folding and no owners were trying to take it away. Same with Coventry - chanting support of Sisu bang out of order, and I remember saying so at the time. Mocking a dying club stuck in the craw a little - there but for the grace of God and all that

Brilliant post.

I see Danny is still trying to justify The Star posting that open letter from a Coventry fan.

If Hull go about their protest like Charlton fans did then they will get support from most Blades but if they act like Coventry fans did then they can expect nothing but ridicule. It really is that simple.

Is that for kicking fuck out of us or for his time at the sty

or both ?i

The answer is in the rather-excellent 'Memries of 'ull' :)

Dating back to 6th November, 1915 we have met 65 times in the League. My earliest recollection was a Titanic home defeat on 9th March, 1971. The Blades were strong contenders for promotion from the second tier (Division Two) to the top tier (Division One). To bolster our ambitions, the Blades bought three players on the same day in January 1971 – John Hope, David Ford and Trevor Hockey. 40,227 gathered on a floodlight Bramall Lane evening for this match and it was soon obvious that Hull’s sole tactic was to kick United off the park. 1-0 up at half-time with a goal from Gil Reece, this game was memorable for the fact that it threatened to boil over and the referee called both teams together in the centre circle and told them to ‘cool it.’ Fat chance. Hull’s chief culprit was Ken Knighton (later to manage Wednesday) and Hull scored twice to win 1-2. I remember trudging off the kop to the sound of many Hull fans who had ‘infiltrated’ shouting ‘Waggy, Waggy, Waggy! Oi! Oi! Oi!’ (Ken Wagstaff had scored Hull’s winner). It seemed that our promotion dream was in ashes but – as is often the case – it’s ‘always darkest before the dawn’ and United went on to finish in second place and take their place in the top flight. Some of ‘Waggy’s goals:

Just hope its not us in a couple of years time :eek:

If it is, God forbid, remember clubs like Norwich who aren’t going through it are entitled to tell us how to protest and if they sing mocking songs about our club dying, it’s only banter

Back
Top Bottom