Bramall Lane voted best atmosphere in the Championship

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

So as someone who regularly criticises Blades fans, you object to, err, Blades fans criticising another Blades fan?

The Strange World of Football Forums.

It's not that, it's the displays of faux outrage and demands for an apology over a nothing matter. I always credited you with thicker skin.

It's not that, it's the displays of faux outrage and demands for an apology over a nothing matter. I always credited you with thicker skin.

Except that there was no "faux outrage", just the pointing out of a glaring error that was responded to with defensive petulance.

Easy stuff really.

I didn't demand an apology. I think in some cases the outrage is genuine. This came on the back of the cocaine copper thread where Danny hovered around the facts and indeed tried to mislead. It's hardly surprising that I found his excuses hard to swallow.

It's no wonder the opinion of many on here on the Star has shifted from bias to simple fuckwittery.

So as someone who regularly criticises Blades fans, you object to, err, Blades fans criticising another Blades fan?

Strange indeed, Scott. I've just gone back through my posts - which you and anyone else can do - to find the many and regular ones where I criticise other Blades and you know what? I.. errr... can't seem to find any - apart from the ones where you and I had a spat, where you got something completely wrong and tried to worm out of it by making stuff up. Hmmm, seems to be a pattern developing here, eh?

Don't worry though, I'm sure the rest of your Apple Dumpling Gang will be along in a minute, all ruddy faced and fist pumped and ready to defend your honour.

Don't worry though, I'm sure the rest of your Apple Dumpling Gang will be along in a minute, all ruddy faced and fist pumped and ready to defend your honour.

Bloody immigrants taking over your cosy little closed shop eh?

Strange indeed, Scott. I've just gone back through my posts - which you and anyone else can do - to find the many and regular ones where I criticise other Blades and you know what? I.. errr... can't seem to find any - apart from the ones where you and I had a spat, where you got something completely wrong and tried to worm out of it by making stuff up. Hmmm, seems to be a pattern developing here, eh?

No doubt you can post that. If you're correct I'll gladly put my hand up, killing two birds with one stone, showing Danny how it's done and making you feel even more superior than you do already. If you can't though it makes you look a bit, well, you know. So let's have it when you've got five. You've already used the search facility.

No doubt you can post that. If you're correct I'll gladly put my hand up, killing two birds with one stone, showing Danny how it's done and making you feel even more superior than you do already. If you can't though it makes you look a bit, well, you know. So let's have it when you've got five. You've already used the search facility.

How what’s done?

When I'VE got five? Don't you read very well? I told you, I've already done it.You're the one accusing me of regularly criticising fellow Blades so I suggest you trawl through my back catalogue and show me - and everyone else - where. I assume you do know how to do it? There's not many, just 546. You'd have thought that would be enough though to show a string of vitriol against fellow members, seeing as you're so sure of your accusations. Unless you're just making stuff up again...

Definitely wasn't today. Like most home games it was quiet for the most part.

I don't actually think the fans deserve the team at the moment, the vocal support at home has been generally poor from the fans this season relative to how the players are performing on the pitch.

Definitely wasn't today. Like most home games it was quiet for the most part.

I don't actually think the fans deserve the team at the moment, the vocal support at home has been generally poor from the fans this season relative to how the players are performing on the pitch.

I think it's because our fans have realised that better quality opposition was served up last season by Walsall and Fleetwood and are yearning for the good old days of the pub league. La Liga has finally been put to bed.

*posts picture of Blades fans celebrating massive victory over rivals in their own backyard. But pig rag, yeah?

I haven't read the rest of this thread because quite frankly I know that by Page 9 you will still be coming out with the 'defend the indefensible'. I'm on page 3 and you're still bleating on about it (as are a lot of my fellow posters). The article wasn't about the Blades fans as such, it was about the atmosphere at Bramall Lane, for fuck's sake. To paraphrase Will from The Inbetweeners, "Danny04 - you seem like an intelligent man..." So please tell me that by Page 9 you've taken your beating like a man and admitted that it was a bit daft, enough to make you change it.

Now, can I go back to the thread about how it's like watching football in a library at the Lane?

Yep, seems so. Wanted to keep using pics from the derby for as long as possible but probably stretched it a bit far. You’d think I’d used Michael Vaughan and Alex Turner reading some of these comments, but hey ho

Okay, okay, I'm still reading. Closest to a mea culpa so far!

Okay, okay, I'm still reading. Closest to a mea culpa so far!

It's a bit like driving around a roundabout without an exit where Danny's concerned.......to accept one's failings requires humility and self-awareness, qualities that are in short supply where Danny's concerned. He got this wrong, all it would have taken is the use of the word 'sorry' as a sign that he realises he got this wrong, but instead, all we get is one post after another saying very little at all.....the thought that Danny might accept responsibility could, and should, have been admitted much earlier on, then the school playground accusations of 'gangs' would have been avoided. It's Danny's reluctance to say he got this majorly wrong that is at the root of this nonsense, talk about youth being wasted on the young!

Dan, if you can't admit to screwing up you'll never be taken seriously on here.

Depends where you sit in the ground. I thought it was quite good on the kop yesterday. My mate in the south stand said the atmosphere in there was very good. I can only say what i hear and for the most part it was fine. Wilder and the players say the atmosphere is superb and obviously they hear the crowd from all sides, so lets leave it down to their judgement and the people who voted us the best crowd.

people have got nowt to argue about cos we keep winning most of the time :D
wtf are you all arguing about ?? :D

The kop was good yesterday, rest of ground pretty quiet. Hope folk go through with the BLUT move.

Back
Top Bottom