Bramall Lane voted best atmosphere in the Championship

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Just draw a line under it now FFS! The guy is a Blade when all said and done. Yes, he could have handled it better and held his hand up to the error but for crying out loud, some of you lot are enough to get anyone's back up. I get that the majority don't particularly like the paper - me included- but just let it go now and cut the kid some slack.

We're all Blades, aren't we?

It's a mob thing now, people will feel isolated unless they join in.

It's a mob thing now, people will feel isolated unless they join in.

It's not a mob thing. It's a forum. You put your head over the parapet.......

If anything it's probably identified the fact that we've been wrong about perceived bias at the Star when it's actually just poor reporting over the years.

It's not a mob thing. It's a forum. You put your head over the parapet.......

If anything it's probably identified the fact that we've been wrong about perceived bias at the Star when it's actually just poor reporting over the years.

Can't disagree with that but now we've got someone on the inside lets get behind the guy and make the most of it.

Can't disagree with that but now we've got someone on the inside lets get behind the guy and make the most of it.

The principle is correct, but when someone on the inside is party to such glaring mistakes, one's that should have been easily avoided, then it kind of punctures the support you're asking for.

I wouldn't mind if Danny showed a little humility, but when any criticism is offered he becomes defensive, to the point where he offers a succession of misleading excuses to justify his mistake(s). Maybe you should explain to the 'lad' that it's ok to apologise, it'll get the respect of those of us who view this as a sign of maturity.

The principle is correct, but when someone on the inside is party to such glaring mistakes, one's that should have been easily avoided, then it kind of punctures the support you're asking for.

I wouldn't mind if Danny showed a little humility, but when any criticism is offered he becomes defensive, to the point where he offers a succession of misleading excuses to justify his mistake(s). Maybe you should explain to the 'lad' that it's ok to apologise, it'll get the respect of those of us who view this as a sign of maturity.

So he should just acquiesce to the mob? I fucking wouldn't (and neither would you!)

So he should just acquiesce to the mob? I fucking wouldn't (and neither would you!)

Sorry, I really don't get your reply.

I wouldn't ask, or expect anyone to acquiesce. You're saying that he should comply without protest....please point to where I've suggested that he should do this?

What I wrote was this, that when he's clearly made a mistake, that an apology would be in order. How you view that as a form of acquiescence escapes me. That's not giving into a mob - of which there wasn't one in the first place - but it would show, at the very least, a modicum of maturity, and that by acknowledging his mistake he would reveal himself capable of more than the senseless avoidance of admitting he was wrong, that's all.

There's no lynch mob here, I wouldn't tolerate it, but the forum can be a tough place at times. It doesn't help when you leave yourself open to the number of accusations that came thick and fast in Danny's direction. In short he's been a berk, let's hope he learns not to deny in future.

Sorry, I really don't get your reply.

I wouldn't ask, or expect anyone to acquiesce. You're saying that he should comply without protest....please point to where I've suggested that he should do this?

What I wrote was this, that when he's clearly made a mistake, that an apology would be in order. How you view that as a form of acquiescence escapes me. That's not giving into a mob - of which there wasn't one in the first place - but it would show, at the very least, a modicum of maturity, and that by acknowledging his mistake he would reveal himself capable of more than the senseless avoidance of admitting he was wrong, that's all.

There's no lynch mob here, I wouldn't tolerate it, but the forum can be a tough place at times. It doesn't help when you leave yourself open to the number of accusations that came thick and fast in Danny's direction. In short he's been a berk, let's hope he learns not to deny in future.

Sorry, I really don't get your version of sociology.

Being self-opinionated doesn't equate to being correct nor does it warrant demanding an apology from someone having the nerve to disagree with you. I've said this before and I'll say it again. Danny should not be used as a conduit for abusing his employer, The Star. What the hell is that going to achieve apart from his job?

Keep your sympathy, mate. Especially when you haven't got the bollocks to chirp up apart from when everyone else's been piling in. For what it's worth, the picture's been updated. The bloke who can't differentiate between it's and its, who lectures me on mistakes, is back on ignore. It's Friday fucking evening. Go have a beer. There were Blades in the picture, and I've been trying to string out derby-related pics since the BDM happened. Just my bit of fun, I guess. I'll consign Brooksy's nutmeg etc to the bin. It was good while it lasted!

OK. Been out for a few beers and had a good time in the pub. Had a chat with Brian the Blade and we chatted on a number of subjects, not all of them football, and he is a decent bloke. We laughed with the resident Wednesdayites and they gave as good they got. We had great banter and we all left on good terms. On the other hand you are a cunt.

Sorry, I really don't get your version of sociology.

Being self-opinionated doesn't equate to being correct nor does it warrant demanding an apology from someone having the nerve to disagree with you. I've said this before and I'll say it again. Danny should not be used as a conduit for abusing his employer, The Star. What the hell is that going to achieve apart from his job?

Again, you've missed the point that allowed this thread to extend to over 100 posts. I was one of many posters who asked Danny to explain the original mistake in his article. I'll repeat so that you can't use the excuse of not understanding why this thread evolved as it has. Danny resorted to using the same line over and over, yet the more he said the same thing, the more it became clear he had no defence for his mistake. It didn't wash with the various posters who saw right through Danny's response, so why you should be surprised that Danny received numerous posts asking him to tell the truth is puzzling? Danny attempted to use everything other than the facts to excuse away his mistake. The more he continued with the same nonsense, the more it revealed him as someone incapable of accepting the truth, let alone telling it. It might be a good idea if you read through this thread, that's the only explanation I have why you feel it's necessary defending Danny, unless you're his dad?

As for what you incorrectly refer to as sociology, it has little to do with my post let alone sociology, but I guess it makes you feel better for your attempted put-down. That's unimportant though.

You now seem to be falling into the same patterns as Danny employed earlier, just stick to the facts instead of skating around them. It will make life easier for all of us.

Again, you've missed the point that allowed this thread to extend to over 100 posts. I was one of many posters who asked Danny to explain the original mistake in his article. I'll repeat so that you can't use the excuse of not understanding why this thread evolved as it has. Danny resorted to using the same line over and over, yet the more he said the same thing, the more it became clear he had no defence for his mistake. It didn't wash with the various posters who saw right through Danny's response, so why you should be surprised that Danny received numerous posts asking him to tell the truth is puzzling? Danny attempted to use everything other than the facts to excuse away his mistake. The more he continued with the same nonsense, the more it revealed him as someone incapable of accepting the truth, let alone telling it. It might be a good idea if you read through this thread, that's the only explanation I have why you feel it's necessary defending Danny, unless you're his dad?

As for what you incorrectly refer to as sociology, it has little to do with my post let alone sociology, but I guess it makes you feel better for your attempted put-down. That's unimportant though.

You now seem to be falling into the same patterns as Danny employed earlier, just stick to the facts instead of skating around them. It will make life easier for all of us.

I guess I should have joined the mob then and called him a cunt just like one of those in agreement with you did (see post #101)

And then you come home and call a bloke you’ve never met a cunt on a football forum. Sounds a great night! :D

Yes it was thanks. What you don't seem to understand is that when you make a cock up, don't compound the error by trying to squirm your way out of it. It would make you more of a man in the eyes of other forummers if you would admit you made a mistake and then we could get on with calling Wednesdayites cunts rather than other Blades. Maybe when you start to shave you will understand.

I guess I should have joined the mob then and called him a cunt just like one of those in agreement with you did (see post #101)

Where do you get this idea that there's a mob from? There are certainly posters who are volatile. They can be abusive. I've been on the receiving end of this so I recognise it...but I'm talking about individuals, not a group, let alone a mob. Your answer also says you're unwilling to consider the facts, you just use someone else's - one poster - behaviour to disparage my comments. I think that's referred to as confused thinking. You've not used the many considered posts that appeared on this thread, presumably because no one else uses the word 'cunt', therefore I can only imagine you've decided to use one selective post as a way of making your point. Hardly what I'd call a convincing way to support your own argument.

You're avoiding the pertinent parts of this thread, not that different to Danny really, as he jumped through hoops in order to avoid confronting the facts.

A mistake was made and eventually corrected which is new for The Star. I guess we can see that as some sort of progress.

I still get random surveys when I click on their website though.

You're avoiding the pertinent parts of this thread, not that different to Danny really, as he jumped through hoops in order to avoid confronting the facts.

No, as far as arguments go this thread has to be one of the more petulant ones. It's been reduced to a he-said she-said spat and I find it tedious with no particular standpoint on it. My beef is the vitriol and abuse that these types of threads seem to degenerate into, usually all of it directed at one individual (hence my analogy with the "mob" and the usual participants).

A mistake was made and eventually corrected which is new for The Star. I guess we can see that as some sort of progress.

I still get random surveys when I click on their website though.

The ‘skip survey’ button is your friend!

No, as far as arguments go this thread has to be one of the more petulant ones. It's been reduced to a he-said she-said spat and I find it tedious with no particular standpoint on it. My beef is the vitriol and abuse that these types of threads seem to degenerate into, usually all of it directed at one individual (hence my analogy with the "mob" and the usual participants).

That would be a reasoned reply if only it were directed towards another thread......as it stands it has no bearing on what I've mentioned. I'm not part of a mob, neither have you offered evidence of a mob, other than to point towards one poster, not several, who use the word 'cunt'. You've avoided the main point that Danny, far from offering a grown up explanation, and then an apology, chose to persist with the same tired denials, each of which were refuted by the many posters who didn't accept Danny's version of events. Perhaps you feel that Danny is so precious that he's unable of addressing the posts asking for the truth? Other than that, I can only see a lot of posts, most asking Danny to accept he was wrong.

That would be a reasoned reply if only it were directed towards another thread......as it stands it has no bearing on what I've mentioned. I'm not part of a mob, neither have you offered evidence of a mob, other than to point towards one poster, not several, who use the word 'cunt'. You've avoided the main point that Danny, far from offering a grown up explanation, and then an apology, chose to persist with the same tired denials, each of which were refuted by the many posters who didn't accept Danny's version of events. Perhaps you feel that Danny is so precious that he's unable of addressing the posts asking for the truth? Other than that, I can only see a lot of posts, most asking Danny to accept he was wrong.

An apology? For what? For causing an mass outrage outbreak over a storm in a teacup amongst a bunch of snowflakes?

Are you for real?

An apology? For what? For causing an mass outrage outbreak over a storm in a teacup amongst a bunch of snowflakes?

Are you for real?

You keep missing the point. Of course each poster's responsible for their own thoughts and ideas, but then so is Danny, therefore there are consequences that go with his posts. If Danny can't face up to these, then why the overreaction?

If what you're saying is that it's ok to act as Danny did then you're wrong. As for what you refer to as a storm in a teacup, just remind Danny that avoiding the truth isn't conducive to understanding why someone acts like that.....and yes, I'm very much for real. It's a pity you chose to ignore the central point in all of this, otherwise you wouldn't have had to waste your time defending Danny.

Congratulations Danny and the Star.

Instructions for any new apprentice sports journo at the Star: -

Put an article with a photo in The Star that will cause lots of controversy with Blades supporters. Get all the blades worked up on a forum that creates a six page thread with 3,288 views, resulting in hundreds blades clicking on the Star's website to have a look at what all the fuss is about, this will result in them clicking on the advertisements' for furniture that promises "Delivery before Xmas" or some other shit that we're trying to sell advertising space for. Therefore - Editor happy, sales team happy, advertiser happy = Kerching !!! Job Done. Dead easy this journo lark.

PS - When them blades not arguing amonst themselves, some of them will click on that stuff at the bottom of the webpage known as 'click bate fuckwittery'. That stuff will have them pressing 'control - alt - delete' more times than they've watched that ball going between Hunt's legs. Tee Hee Hee (whispers wawaw)

Congratulations Danny and the Star.

Instructions for any new apprentice sports journo at the Star: -

Put an article with a photo in The Star that will cause lots of controversy with Blades supporters. Get all the blades worked up on a forum that creates a six page thread with 3,288 views, resulting in hundreds blades clicking on the Star's website to have a look at what all the fuss is about, this will result in them clicking on the advertisements' for furniture that promises "Delivery before Xmas" or some other shit that we're trying to sell advertising space for. Therefore - Editor happy, sales team happy, advertiser happy = Kerching !!! Job Done. Dead easy this journo lark.

PS - When them blades not arguing amonst themselves, some of them will click on that stuff at the bottom of the webpage known as 'click bate fuckwittery'. That stuff will have them pressing 'control - alt - delete' more times than they've watched that ball going between Hunt's legs. Tee Hee Hee (whispers wawaw)
To be honest, us Blades haven’t got a lot on now after the Bouncing Day Massacre - you’re just what we’re looking for

Back
Top Bottom