Lads...I think we broke him

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

£20 is not even enough to by a ticket to one of their reserve games. He's lost it.

It's more than enough for a replica shirt though, should they ever leave the Chinese sweat shop.

Elev8, really? That's just further humiliation, for fucks sake they make Macron look like Louis Vuitton :rolleyes:

Possibly, but i don't see Carlos as anything like Megson, Brian Laws or even a Warnock type

I'm listening to Carlos now and its interesting...

Ok, you've worn me down - he isn't half bad and yes the 3 you mentioned were/are twats to the other half of the City.

One thing for certain - Carloss Carcrashi has realised what Sheffield is really about now - he's had it easy for the past 2+ year - not any longer.

UTB

Francis decent ? Really ? Surely he just lived off the team that Atkinson had built. Once he did his own thing & started falling out with players they were crap again. Last decent manager they had was Mr Bojangles.
The forest came to Hillsboro and they sent the pigs down ,
They did Ron Ron Ron , they did Ron Ron Ron

Carlos underestimated United and the occasion, and he's probably angry with himself. After the game, Hog Staton seemed more concerned with the result than he did. Clearly over the last couple of days it's filtered through the importance of the occasion, and that he dropped a clanger.

He's not daft though, owd Carlos, make no bones about it. He knows what he's doing. He knows that this will appeal to the most deluded of pigs who, after seeing this, will believe that getting battered at home is proof that they ought to win the league. :D

Just listened to the Carlos interview on Football heaven and it only goes to 12:44. Strangely it cuts out whilst Carlos is in an emotional dialogue about the side being nervous. As much as he makes a point, i think he needed to handle it differently. Would've been nice to hear the entire interview

To follow this, the entire 15:22 mins of the interview are now up on Football heaven app/ Website.

We often hear of bias against the Blades, but i think on this occasion the BBC and Radio Sheffield have gone very tabloid on this and for me they've gone too far, just for a story.

Andy Giddings was on Toby Foster earlier responding to the video which has gone viral. The video extract was a small part of an interview with Carlos. And yeah, its an emotional response from Carlos, he's not happy with some questions

Try to listen to the interview objectively and whilst Carlos is pissed off (if i were a pig i'd like this response). His reaction to the performance and result is right, it wasn't expected by them and its perhaps (i don't know, but form over last 3 seasons would suggest this) Sunday was out of character for them.

I know that they have had a lot of luck over Carlos' tenure, for example last season when everyone else dropped off the pigs found form.

For the record I don't think Carlos expected the intensity of the Sheffield Derby, he didn't expect SUFC to be so up for it and he didn't expect them to be so poor. Its clearly not what they trained for... He also didn't expect the backlash, but why would he when pig fans have probably told him we were nothing to them.

All in all, for an experienced manager he has been very naive, but perhaps they will react now. If he's still there in Jan, i don't think they will be so weak. However, Radio Sheffield have not done what they should do and thats to represent its listeners.

Carlos underestimated United and the occasion, and he's probably angry with himself. After the game, Hog Staton seemed more concerned with the result than he did. Clearly over the last couple of days it's filtered through the importance of the occasion, and that he dropped a clanger.

Rearguard action from top to bottom. Carlos is "protecting" his players while the suppork are placating themselves with the "off day not a hammering" excuse they were always going to use once the shock wore off.

Underneath though, every single one of them from Chansiri down knows what really happened and it's killing them.

Nice bloke old Carloss.

And I fear for his sanity now because the pressure he felt after two very expensive yet failed promotion attempts had been ramped up 10 fold due to the arrival in his league of the fans arch enemy.
After being beaten soundly at their own hovel, that pressure has risen again and I’m not sure how much the poor fella will be able to take.

It’s only going to get worse for him, because despite all the talk of it being a long season and it’s only one game, and they will go up.....there are enough teams in the league that are much better than his side to snuff out their promotion bid.
And the biggest problem they have, is that they convinced themselves that they have a “squad” of very good premier league players.....when the reality is they have one...and he’s injured.(and a cheating little fucker) That piggy squad is nothing special at all.

His worst nightmare will be the play-off final with us.

I suspect I might be in a minority of 1, but I actually felt quite sorry for him listening to that. I also think the line of questioning – started by Staton, continuing with Giddings – is disproportionate

It is not 'disproportionate'. They failed to turn up in a local derby and let their fans down big time.

Carvalho is clearly wanting to move on to the next game as quickly as possible

Fair enough, but the journalist has every right to do otherwise. It is the worst result of their season and probably of Carlos's tenure at the Sty. You simply don't just 'move on' and pretend it never happened.

I doubt had we lost 4-0 on Saturday that either Staton or Giddings would have pressed quite so hard had with Wilder.

You do know Staton is a pig? He'd would have been creaming his pants at that and I think you have it completely wrong.

They after all lost to an excellent team.

Well said sir!

It is not 'disproportionate'. They failed to turn up in a local derby and let their fans down big time.

Fair enough, but the journalist has every right to do otherwise. It is the worst result of their season and probably of Carlos's tenure at the Sty. You simply don't just 'move on' and pretend it never happened.

It is in the context of his tenure. The Huddersfield match, let's be honest, was probably less embarrassing than Sunday but more damaging by quite some distance in terms of repercussions on the club. I think you're conflating impact on fans with impact on the club. Yes, it is a painful (delightfully painful) result for them, but try and look at it it from a more objective perspective.

You do know Staton is a pig? He'd would have been creaming his pants at that and I think you have it completely wrong.

Sorry, I completely disagree, and Staton's personal views are beside the point. Put it this way, during the Weir and Adkins eras at their worst neither of them were interviewed in that manner. And let's be honest, both of them were far more damaging to our club than a one-off loss to a magnificent team is for them.

try and look at it it from a more objective perspective.

Thanks dad.

I did of course consider the play off defeats but Sunday's result is the one that hurts the fans most and ultimately they will determine his fate. He got it completely wrong, whereas there was an element of 'bad luck' in their play off losses.

He and his billy big bollocks players, did not turn up and that is inexcusable in a local derby.

Staton's personal views are beside the point

They are not. You can hear the glee in his voice and he is a poor journalist, as he cannot hide it. He doesn't like callers to FH calling for Carlos's head because he has his own strong view.

Giddings is fine and a genuine neutral, but Staton gets easily wound up and is far from objective when riled.

Back
Top Bottom