Overly cocky on Pigtalk?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If I have to explain my last statement then my instincts have just been confirmed.:) Politicians are who we ought to be suspicious about, not fans wanting to exchange views on a Football Forum it could be argued.Seems like a decent guy to me despite his poor taste in a Football Club;) Not sure about his avatar mind.
No you don't, i just wanted you to, so i could confirm you were being a clever arse.

This guy is on a mission. Just wait and see if they beat us next week and you lot who have been engaging him will be done like a kipper. If they don't beat us he will bide his time until they do. Even his user name is a piss-take if you understand what the more commonly used version is. You have been warned.

All I've said mate, is that I wouldn't advise going on a Blades forum. I won't be debating the merits of the derby with a Wednesday fan who as you said mate, might be genuine but might not, just before the derby.

Last edited:
This guy is on a mission. Just wait and see if they beat us next week and you lot who have been engaging him will be done like a kipper. If they don't beat us he will bide his time until they do. Even his user name is a piss-take if you understand what the more commonly used version is. You have been warned.
You got it all wrong. :(

All I've said mate, is that I wouldn't advise going on a Blades forum. I won't be debating the merits of the derby with a Wednesday fan who as you sat mat be genuine but might not, just before the derby.
Don't worry about it mate,I will be happy to prove him wrong.

You do know William H Bonney was an alias?

:)
I do but I think we are well past the days of pointing guns at each other so wondered why he might choose it.If you are reading William you might enlighten us?;)

No you don't, i just wanted you to, so i could confirm you were being a clever arse.
No I am not a clever arse, I am a peacemaker, or seeker at least .
While I am here then I meant our lives either prosper or fail according to our level of thinking in my experience and I am not here to offend anyone:).So no need to feel it if so.

Let's all settle down. Lol.

Cocky? I wouldn't say so. Owls fans are wary of Eutuftio, and of Carlos' caution.

I mean, if the Blades lose they'll simply say "What do you expect? Look what your lot's cost compared to ours". If it's a draw they'll say "Can't even beat a pub team in your own stadium". If the Blades win they'll say "What a waste of money!".

Let's all settle down. Lol.

Cocky? I wouldn't say so. Owls fans are wary of Eutuftio, and of Carlos' caution.

I mean, if the Blades lose they'll simply say "What do you expect? Look what your lot's cost compared to ours". If it's a draw they'll say "Can't even beat a pub team in your own stadium". If the Blades win they'll say "What a waste of money!".

All of which would be perfectly valid.

I do but I think we are well past the days of pointing guns at each other so wondered why he might choose it.If you are reading William you might enlighten us?;)
Loved the film young guns/young guns 2

I thought Emilio estevez played the part well as did kiefer Sutherland as doc.

Having looked at the thread on porktalk can't say most are appearing 'overly cocky '. There's the odd uninformed post on there, but many that chat sense. Man for man they are the better side, with the exception of our wing backs (purely because I don't rate theres) I don't think many of our players would get in their team. However there are many references to our team spirit , work rate and Chris Wilder. All of which I agree with.

Always amuses me the arrogance of some of our fans on here. Who talk as if our forum's populated exclusively by MENSA candidates, with a football knowledge beyond that of Jeff Stelling. Whilst Wednesday's is exclusively populated by people making use the prison computer or whilst taking a break from licking windows. The truth is both sets of fans are fairly similar; largely decent proper fans, knowledgeable and only slightly biased with the odd deluded fanatic and occasional absolute moron.

Still I look forward to the game and showing the sky camera's what a proper derby is. What a true footballing city Sheffield is and that Steel City derby is one of the best in the country.

I used to know a blade on Sheffield forum who had a lifetime ban and re-joined under another alias. He told me he was just biding his time before he could give them the beans.
I really don't know about WHB but if you are right there might be some red faces come Sunday afternoon.

No I am not a clever arse, I am a peacemaker, or seeker at least .
While I am here then I meant our lives either prosper or fail according to our level of thinking in my experience and I am not here to offend anyone:).So no need to feel it if so.
Read your reply to me back then, and then tell me that doesn't sound arsey and then tell me you weren't trying to offend. If you respond to me like that pal, you will get it back.

Having looked at the thread on porktalk can't say most are appearing 'overly cocky '. There's the odd uninformed post on there, but many that chat sense. Man for man they are the better side, with the exception of our wing backs (purely because I don't rate theres) I don't think many of our players would get in their team. However there are many references to our team spirit , work rate and Chris Wilder. All of which I agree with.

Always amuses me the arrogance of some of our fans on here. Who talk as if our forum's populated exclusively by MENSA candidates, with a football knowledge beyond that of Jeff Stelling. Whilst Wednesday's is exclusively populated by people making use the prison computer or whilst taking a break from licking windows. The truth is both sets of fans are fairly similar; largely decent proper fans, knowledgeable and only slightly biased with the odd deluded fanatic and occasional absolute moron.

Still I look forward to the game and showing the sky camera's what a proper derby is. What a true footballing city Sheffield is and that Steel City derby is one of the best in the country.

Are you being serious every other message is basically saying out players don't deserve to be on the same pitch and they are going to smash us out of sight. They also go on to say the majority of blades are knuckle dragging holigans.

https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/259554-paul-coutts-is-a-wednesdayite/

"Who is Paul Coutts?"

"Who the f*ck is Paul Coutts?"

"Just had to google him, some nobody ex Scottish non league footballer who plays for the pigs, his biggest claim to fame IMO is having played for a team with the word "Rangers" in the club name, Cove Rangers
default_biggrin.png
"

"Who?"

All within the first 20 replies.

"Who is Paul Coutts?"

"Just had to google him, some nobody ex Scottish non league footballer who plays for the pigs, his biggest claim to fame IMO is having played for a team with the word "Rangers" in the club name, Cove Rangers
default_biggrin.png
"

"Who?"

Within the first 20 replies.

All good stuff.......love eatthis type of arrogance, why anyone chooses to pursue this form of faux ignorance can only be because they're genuinely fucked off by the fact that a team who've spent wisely and well are casting doubt on their so-called superiority.

I know good advice will fall on deaf ears, but surely a little humility wouldn't harm? After all, haven't our friends in S6 failed to grab success from the jaws of defeat, twice in fact.....that's right, isn't it?

One on Wilder...

"He really loves himself, he was born in Yorkshire but has a moclney accent, which is bizarre.

I do accept he is a good lower league manager, I am sure his future is Conference and 2nd division."

"Who is Paul Coutts?"

default_biggrin.png
"

"Who?"

All within the first 20 replies.
Understandable when you've got world superstars like Barry Hannah and rod Wallace who used to play for Aston villa and Preston

On Wilder:
Although it's a good 30 years ago, played in the same school teams as him at football and cricket. Arrogant when winning, blameless if we lost, even though he was captain. Good footballer, couldn't play cricket to save his life.

Leopards & Spots and all that. Give him his due, done well at Bumhole Lane, but somebody had to eventually.

"Good footballer, couldn't play cricket to save his life"

Well maybe that's why he was a professional football player you fucking spastic.
Like me criticising Carlos for not being good at Snooker.

So Carlos is no good at snooker AS WELL.

I have never , and will never , go onto the pigs webshite ,
They can bang on all they like about there team of " superstars " against our pub team .
They can say we shouldn't be on the same pitch as them , Fuckem .
They can criticise some elements of our fans as much as the like ,
The last time they showed up at the lane , everybody was inside the ground and they mobhanded
picked off stragglers .
If the Real Madrid of Sheffield win on Sunday , I'll be gutted ,
But I know what our team is about , they aren't going to win every game , but we know they'll give there all
for Sheffield United .
So win / lose or draw ,
We'll never be mastered by no Wednesday bastards we' ll keep the red flag flying high .
UTB , FTP
We Almost Won At Wembley , wankers .
Stay safe at the death trap Blades .

I just hope it's a good game on Sunday and no trouble from both sides.

I hope it's a good game too mate. But no trouble, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Too many fucking chimps on both sides for there not to be I'm afraid.

Aye I can see you're well mannered and most Wednesday fans I know are, if not all. But you'll naturally attract insults and scepticism as a Wednesday fan on a Blades forum and I just think there's a better place to discuss the derby as I said. Each to his own though, and I'm sure you must be thick skinned - no pun intended ;) - otherwise you wouldn't be here as a Wednesday fan.

To be fair, it's not as though the guy has come on here running his mouth. For me, all should be welcome as long as they realise it's a Blades board and sometimes they are going to read stuff against their club that isn't very.......erm...........polite shall we say? WILLIAM H BONNEY seems an ok guy, for one of them :)

Back
Top Bottom