Overly cocky on Pigtalk?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

To be completely fair to them most of the replies in that thread are telling it's author to rein it in and realise that they will get severely tested next Sunday.

Anything could happen but I already see the signs that I saw early last season in both teams. One brimming with confidence and playing a system and style that they all completely understand. The other, underperforming with inconsistent team selection and muddled tactics.

All the pressure is on them and they have folded spectacularly on the big occasion for 2 seasons in a row now. I am quietly confident on this one.

I wonder if there's a post on their forum twice daily where their forum members have been trawling our forums? If they've been on here they will find enough stupidity, like those saying we'll get promoted again this season after 6 games.

The vast majority will keep their powder dry until after the 2nd Derby game of the season as even if we win at their place we could lose at Bramall Lane.

Remember the Alamo?

Well who remembers 1991, virtually everyone wrote us off, even certain Blades. The excited Pigs even came in the last standing area in the kop corner with their little curls erect (surrounded by the old bill I hasten to add.)

The rest as they say is history, the little curly tails went flaccid and were last seen exiting the ground at half-time.

2-0 to Sheffield's finest that day - repeat please Blades

There's only one thing funnier than their stupid claims and it's out lot agreeing with them. So why are they better man for man? Why do they have better players? Sharp scored more last season than their fucking strikers put together. Coutts, JOC & Fleck not good enough to get into their team? If their equivalents are better I'll stick my head up my arse.

The problem with Sheffield United, for pig fans and also some of our own supporters, is that they don't know how good we are.

And whilst our neighbours have often lived off luck and big spending under Carlos, Wilder's side just gets better and better. every challenge which gets thrown at this side has been met or exceeded.

So lets see on 24th.

There's only one thing funnier than their stupid claims and it's out lot agreeing with them. So why are they better man for man? Why do they have better players? Sharp scored more last season than their fucking strikers put together. Coutts, JOC & Fleck not good enough to get into their team? If their equivalents are better I'll stick my head up my arse.

Yep. Not having it that Barry Bannan is a better footballer than Coutts. No way that any of their Centre halves are better than JO'C.

Decent keeper and a embarrassment of riches up top I'll grant them that but the rest are decidedly average, the fact they can't see that is likely the reason they're still at this level.

This one gets it.....

poite 2,245

Posted 28 minutes ago
You've failed to mention the one area we are not better than them in.

And it's arguably the most important

Carlos the clown vs Lord Wilder, no contest.

Oh and apologies for copying over the smeg photo. Can't figure out how to delete it now.

he actually said "Who is United's manager? Is it Chris Wilder?"

Omg there's an even better one now !

4 minutes ago, Vernon1867said:
......I barely even know any of their players other than Sharp. Not 1 of theres would get in our team and that's a fact.

Well I'm worried, they are obviously very well informed individuals using fact based evidence to formulate their (yes yer Muppet pig from S2 resident dilexquiet its THEIR not THERE) opinions.

And for what it's worth I do have a lot of pig mates and to be fair to most of them they acknowledge we're a better outfit than a lot of them anticipated. They also begrudgingly accept what a good job Wilder has done/is doing.

They're not all dickheads as much as I'd like to say so.

This could come back to haunt them :)

RocketOwl 731

Posted 55 minutes ago
All I have to say on the upcoming Derby, is that we will hammer our little neighbors.

We are better than them in every single department. They do not have one player that would get in our squad let alone team. Our array of strikers is like shopping at Waitrose, whilst they are shopping at Aldi.

We have nothing to worry about - just look at their team. Do you really think Tom Lees is going to struggle against Bill Sharpe, do we really think Reach won't be bombing past their slow right back, do we not think Bannan is going ti run circles around whoever they have in midfield.

All Carlos has to do is get our lads up for it!

Great post by the blue & white gimp ..... 10 secs later the spice really got a hold on him

IMG_0366.JPG

Can we not have a new temporary section ? Call it slaverers slavering over slavers or something.

If I wanted to know what they thought, I'd go on their forums and look for myself.

Yes yes " you don't have to read it etc etc" but how many threads dedicated to the thoughts of a Wendy do we need??

Can we not have a new temporary section ? Call it slaverers slavering over slavers or something.

If I wanted to know what they thought, I'd go on their forums and look for myself.

Yes yes " you don't have to read it etc etc" but how many threads dedicated to the thoughts of a Wendy do we need??

Especially when you could Scrimshaw those thoughts onto the head of a matchstick.

I really hope there's a camera filming in our dressing room, I'd love to see what gets said in the build up and half time!!! On blades player after we've taken the 3 points.
I can only imagine the atmosphere in there, with Billy n Chris building it up!

Light the red n white fuse and stand back!!!!

Really think we'll win convincingly, Utd are probably the worst footballing team in the division, literally all they have is passion, I barely even know any of their players other than Sharp. Even our managers better, Wilder might motivate but that's it, he probably just tells the players to hoof it forward and shouts loudly at them.

It's amazing how many fans of other sides think we are a long ball up and at em team before they play us,

Brentford fans were talking about "hit and hope cloggers"

Barnsley fans were talking of dealing "with the direct physical threat"

Derby fans were cautioning about "not giving away too many corners and free kicks where the Ball can be launched into the box"

Before the season started a Leeds fan and a Newcastle fan told me personally we would struggle as "the long ball game doesn't work at this level anymore"

They just wouldn't have it when I told them what a good footballing side we are under Wilder. They must assume he is an amalgamation of Bassett and Warnock.

Our midfield is performing far better than theirs thus far at a significant fraction of the cost.

EVERY single word of the post quoted in the OP should be in our changing room on the wall next weekend. We won't need much more inspiration, Wilder will ensure that, but having that disrespectful, arrogant, narrow minded muck should give our lads just that little bit more to show why we're league one champions, off the back of record breaking season.

I don't want to even physically batter the pigs. I just want to play them at our game, show how together we are, show our squad unity, show them the classy football we play, show them how far we've come and show them everything they lack, that money can't buy.

Suits me just fine been the 'under dog ' , as said on here ala 1991 the same quotes '' Man for man none of their players would get in our team '' , '' It'll be 2 a piece ... for Hirst & Warhurst '' , '' Were gonna outclass em '' .blah blah fkg blah .. .. 2-0 win for the boys Dane & Dane ....

And the Roast Pork on Sunday texts were sent to the arrogant blue & white twats along with the recipe for the desert ... Humle Pie

No pressure on us at all ... we're away Carl-loss Harlem Globe Trotters ... how can we possibly have a chance ?

We have a reputation as a long ball side thanks to our association over the years with the likes of Bassett, Warnock and Blackwell. Some fans who dont know much about football will have that fixed image in their heads for as long as they live. West Ham banged it up to Carroll all night on Monday but they will always be known as a club who "play the right way".

I'm not sure if the Wednesday fan who says we are the worst footballing side in the league is just on the wind up or completely unknowledgeable. They might, and should, beat us but if they are expecting us to hoof it all game then they're in for a shock .

Really think we'll win convincingly, Utd are probably the worst footballing team in the division, literally all they have is passion, I barely even know any of their players other than Sharp. Not 1 of theres would get in our team and that's a fact. League 1 players are no match for us any more. Lee, Bannan Hooper Fletcher v Sharp and 10 lower league journeymen, you havin a laugh.... Even our managers better, Wilder might motivate but that's it, he probably just tells the players to hoof it forward and shouts loudly at them.

Very comfortable 2-0 win, absolute minimum IMO
That's another quote Wilder can print off and hang in the dressing room.

What makes it better is he's clearly basing those "facts" on zero knowleglde, I'm surprised he's even bothered to learn our managers name.

Every now and then my hatred subsides and I think "they are just like us, they just happen to be from a different area and choose a different club"
.... naaaah, the majority are just like this prick above.

I honestly believe, if we mark Bannon out of the game and contain Hooper, then they will crumble, I don't see any other real threat. That new dutch defender theyve got can hit a lovely long pass n is very acurate too, but hes going to be run down by Freeman hopefully, I think their attack will come from the left on what I've seen over the last couple of games, we just need to control the middle like we've done all season and eradicate Bannons threat.
Walk in the park for Coutts and Flecky hopefully.

Pride, Passion, Belief!

Really think we'll win convincingly, Utd are probably the worst footballing team in the division, literally all they have is passion, I barely even know any of their players other than Sharp. Not 1 of theres would get in our team and that's a fact. League 1 players are no match for us any more. Lee, Bannan Hooper Fletcher v Sharp and 10 lower league journeymen, you havin a laugh.... Even our managers better, Wilder might motivate but that's it, he probably just tells the players to hoof it forward and shouts loudly at them.

'I don't know any of their players but none of them would get in our team'

Brilliant.

"We are better than them in every single department. They do not have one player that would get in our squad let alone team. Our array of strikers is like shopping at Waitrose, whilst they are shopping at Aldi."

Waitrose - Overpriced, all show, full of posers.

Aldi - Quality product at a sensible price.

I can go with that!

Haha they have noticed that since the recession that Aldi and Lidl have become two of the fastest growing supermarket chains.

Just remember fellow Blades, we always have the last laugh, after all, we are bladesmen, we are bladesmen, super bladesmen, from the lane. :)

This could come back to haunt them :)

RocketOwl 731

Posted 55 minutes ago
All I have to say on the upcoming Derby, is that we will hammer our little neighbors.

We are better than them in every single department. They do not have one player that would get in our squad let alone team. Our array of strikers is like shopping at Waitrose, whilst they are shopping at Aldi.

We have nothing to worry about - just look at their team. Do you really think Tom Lees is going to struggle against Bill Sharpe, do we really think Reach won't be bombing past their slow right back, do we not think Bannan is going ti run circles around whoever they have in midfield.

All Carlos has to do is get our lads up for it!
He's right. They should beat us. They are an established Championship club and we are new to this. Thy have spent Christ knows how much and we are assembled on a lesser budget. So that's all the pressure and expectation on last seasons play off bottlers and nothing for us to lose. I'll take that.

i'm sat here shaking my head in disbelief.. they are in for such a shock

Back
Top Bottom