Incoming? Jerome Sinclair

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Well I'm eating humble pie and apologising, my first itk and last! He was up here for a few days, looked like he enjoyed himself with the northern hospitality, I was reliably informed that he'd signed from 'someone'...but agents appear to think they know best..please accept my apologies

No need to apologise,and please do not let it deter you passing on any other information you may come across.

Why did he not tell his agent - I want to play , it's my descision , my career. He must have wanted to come cos he travelled to Sheffield... big credit to the two lads who wanted to come..

Reckon those comments have been influenced by said agent?

Obviously trying to resurrect a situation that ended up looking very bad on his agent. He travelled up to sign for christs sake, it's nothing to do with not coming and wanting to be at Watford, and he can't piss back on that.

Obviously trying to resurrect a situation that ended up looking very bad on his agent. He travelled up to sign for christs sake, it's nothing to do with not coming and wanting to be at Watford, and he can't piss back on that.
The clubs agreed, Wilder rang him in the afternoon.

The only thing that didn't get agreed was the agent upping his fee.

Player looks an arse covering for his agent.

He'll get a chance somewhere but he hasn't passed the character test for SUFC.

For those of you that don't know, his agent is a snake called Aidy Ward. Also represents Oxlaide-Chamberlain apparently.

He seems to suggest that he couldn't possibly be 'happy at Watford' if he was seeking a loan move. That's bollocks.

Why did he not tell his agent - I want to play , it's my descision , my career. He must have wanted to come cos he travelled to Sheffield... big credit to the two lads who wanted to come..

Because these lads are contracted to the agents! They have to use them.
That greedy scum bag is taking 5% of Raheem Sterlings salary over the next five years...9k a week! He's the agent of several similar players, and is clearly a shady character with a sole interest in money for himself. He's ripping off the game and lining his own pockets.
What I don't understand is the clubs using them. Surely it would be in all of their interests to all come out and simply refuse to deal with any agent, or talk to any player acting on the instructions of their agent. If they all stuck together it would work.

Reckon those comments have been influenced by said agent?

Oh dear. Sinclair himself didn't in my opinion come out of the whole thing with his reputation dented, all the focus was on his agent with mild criticism of Sinclair's association with him. That's disappeared in those two tweets, which have almost certainly been suggested by the agent. What an idiot.

Because these lads are contracted to the agents! They have to use them.
That greedy scum bag is taking 5% of Raheem Sterlings salary over the next five years...9k a week! He's the agent of several similar players, and is clearly a shady character with a sole interest in money for himself. He's ripping off the game and lining his own pockets.
What I don't understand is the clubs using them. Surely it would be in all of their interests to all come out and simply refuse to deal with any agent, or talk to any player acting on the instructions of their agent. If they all stuck together it would work.

That's just wrong! By all means negotiate a gross figure based on whatever the transfer fee is, but for it to be ongoing for the life of the player's agreement with a club? It's bollocks, in fact it's immoral bollocks!

I'll be happy to go out there and suggest that Ward may have even used a racial card and that the players he represents, who all happen to be black as far as I'm aware, are persuaded to sign to him because he'll not only have their backs, but that they can't trust clubs because they're managed and owned by white men. I know that may seem extreme, but Ward's behaviour, and thus the behaviour of some of his players, causes me to think there may be more to this than mere speculation on my part. I reckon he fills their heads with so much crap that he finds it easy to convince some of them that he's the only agent who can act properly on their behalf. It's guys like Ward who are what's wrong with football. They're manipulative and can identify a gullible player.

My only concern from the report and video is that clubs and players might be wary of us in the January transfer window and we might lose some players because of it. I know some will say it won't put off honourable players and agents - only the bad ones. However I just hope we don't suffer regardless.

The report was a great insight though into agents and sadly confirmed what we know already about the darker aspects of football. It seems United seem to be involved in decent documentaries/videos such as this and the United one in the early 90's, which I've watched a million times! Tufty was in both of course!

Sinclair is right to say that there is always two sides to every story but its not him that came out badly but his agent and I truly think Sinclair needs to think what is best for him not his agent. If he was that desirable this window then he would have gone to another club and yet he hasn't which tells its own story.

He seems to suggest that he couldn't possibly be 'happy at Watford' if he was seeking a loan move. That's bollocks.

To some extent I agree, but also disagree.
He can be happy at Watford as a club for the future, but also want to get out on loan to prove himself.

Look at Ben Whiteman. He's probably really happy being contracted to Sheffield United, but knows he isn't going to get in our first team right now, but wants to improve so has gone out on loan to gain experience.

I don't see why Sinclair needed to include that in his tweet. It was only ever going to be a loan deal, nobody for a second has questioned his loyalty to Watford. In reality he has more shown a lack of ambition with that comment, that he is happy to sit the the reserves of a Premier League club than actually graft and earn his stripes in the Football League.

He could have signed several days before deadline day. Our interest was confirmed the week before when we signed CCV. Why didn't he ?

Strikes me he didn't fancy the move for whatever reason, made his mind up on this several days before deadline day, and strung the club and the gaffer along. Wasn't man enough to tell the club so himself or via his agent that he wasn't coming, so all parties could move on.

No respect.

As I've said, I now seriously doubt he was ever on any train heading for Sheffield station. Pure fantasy.

If so, we have done well to avoid this signing, as his character is flawed and would have been found out soon enough by the rest of the squad.

We move onwards and upwards. He does not.

UTB

My only concern from the report and video is that clubs and players might be wary of us in the January transfer window and we might lose some players because of it. I know some will say it won't put off honourable players and agents - only the bad ones. However I just hope we don't suffer regardless.

The report was a great insight though into agents and sadly confirmed what we know already about the darker aspects of football. It seems United seem to be involved in decent documentaries/videos such as this and the United one in the early 90's, which I've watched a million times! Tufty was in both of course!

Sinclair is right to say that there is always two sides to every story but its not him that came out badly but his agent and I truly think Sinclair needs to think what is best for him not his agent. If he was that desirable this window then he would have gone to another club and yet he hasn't which tells its own story.

I shouldn't worry Booker, in fact I'd go so far as to say that agents need to keep their lines of relationship with clubs sweet, not vice versa.

One thing that's crossed my mind is whether it's feasible for managers who share the same view of certain agents to agree not to deal with them. I appreciate that there may be legal issues surrounding this - restraint of trade for example - but if it could be proved to work it would certainly send a message out to those who think it's ok to act so deplorably. Wilder's attitude throughout was spot on, he played this by the book, and although it meant we didn't get the player, it also meant that we weren't squeezed out of half a million. Sometimes you just have to stand firm and say no to extortionate demands. In other words it's attempted robbery!

That's just wrong! By all means negotiate a gross figure based on whatever the transfer fee is, but for it to be ongoing for the life of the player's agreement with a club? It's bollocks, in fact it's immoral bollocks!

I'll be happy to go out there and suggest that Ward may have even used a racial card and that the players he represents, who all happen to be black as far as I'm aware, are persuaded to sign to him because he'll not only have their backs, but that they can't trust clubs because they're managed and owned by white men. I know that may seem extreme, but Ward's behaviour, and thus the behaviour of some of his players, causes me to think there may be more to this than mere speculation on my part. I reckon he fills their heads with so much crap that he finds it easy to convince some of them that he's the only agent who can act properly on their behalf. It's guys like Ward who are what's wrong with football. They're manipulative and can identify a gullible player.

Correct mate. These lads are young, vulnerable and often not in the least bit street smart. They are gullible and easily manipulated.
Hanging around academies....contacting lads on social media offering free boots, gloves, energy drinks, sportswear, kit contracts.....all part of the game knowing they will get that back with interest if these lads make a name in the game.

He could have signed several days before deadline day. Our interest was confirmed the week before when we signed CCV. Why didn't he ?

Strikes me he didn't fancy the move for whatever reason, made his mind up on this several days before deadline day, and strung the club and the gaffer along. Wasn't man enough to tell the club so himself or via his agent that he wasn't coming, so all parties could move on.

No respect.

As I've said, I now seriously doubt he was ever on any train heading for Sheffield station. Pure fantasy.

If so, we have done well to avoid this signing, as his character is flawed and would have been found out soon enough by the rest of the squad.

We move onwards and upwards. He does not.

UTB

I tell thee why.
Deal was agreed with club in plenty of time. Agent delays completion til deadline day.
2 reasons.
1. To alert other clubs who might be "better"
2. To give him the chance to drop in at the last minurpte a huge hike in his fee....knowing the club (us in this case) can't find anyone else and his held to ransom.

Backfired on him this time as he got fuck all. But he will get his money one way or the other.

I tell thee why.
Deal was agreed with club in plenty of time. Agent delays completion til deadline day.
2 reasons.
1. To alert other clubs who might be "better"
2. To give him the chance to drop in at the last minurpte a huge hike in his fee....knowing the club (us in this case) can't find anyone else and his held to ransom.

Backfired on him this time as he got fuck all. But he will get his money one way or the other.
Yep, he obviously didn't know Wilder. Don't think we'll get any of his players now and thank god for that.

Alternatively, good agents can be exposed if we do a similar thing in January thus improving their profile and that of the player we sign. It just tells the scum to fuck off basically. We won't be messed about !

Yep, he obviously didn't know Wilder. Don't think we'll get any of his players now and thank god for that.

No, his agent won't allow any of his players to go to us. He will now be busy bad mouthing Wilder and the club in football circles to justify his actions. He can afford to lose us....and Liverpool I suspect on history, but he can't keep losing clubs that are prepared to deal with him.

Correct mate. These lads are young, vulnerable and often not in the least bit street smart. They are gullible and easily manipulated.
Hanging around academies....contacting lads on social media offering free boots, gloves, energy drinks, sportswear, kit contracts.....all part of the game knowing they will get that back with interest if these lads make a name in the game.

And they're closer to home than many of us may think.....there's a clothes shop on Division Street that sells expensive label gear, and they even have jeans that are ripped to fuck retailing at £499! I know the guy whose shop it is, he tells me there are young players, many of whom are wendy on pretty good contracts, that come in 2-3 times each month and quite happily spend £4-5 grand over a couple of hours preening themselves. Imagine what the youngsters attached to Man Utd or City are like!

They'll ride around in fuck off cars, have fuck off apartments, yet not know how to cook a meal between any of 'em! Yet they'll know what trainers to wear, or what boombastic new track to play, but the likes of books, self-improvement, or any of the classic easily attainable life skills that are theirs for the taking, well why worry about anything other than vanity or attempting to impress their peer group!

And they're closer to home than many of us may think.....there's a clothes shop on Division Street that sells expensive label gear, and they even have jeans that are ripped to fuck retailing at £499! I know the guy whose shop it is, he tells me there are young players, many of whom are wendy on pretty good contracts, that come in 2-3 times each month and quite happily spend £4-5 grand over a couple of hours preening themselves. Imagine what the youngsters attached to Man Utd or City are like!

They'll ride around in fuck off cars, have fuck off apartments, yet not know how to cook a meal between any of 'em! Yet they'll know what trainers to wear, or what boombastic new track to play, but the likes of books, self-improvement, or any of the classic easily attainable life skills that are theirs for the taking, well why worry about anything other than vanity or attempting to impress their peer group!

And I bet the bloke who has the shop is laughing his cock off at the silly sods....while living in a very nice place and driving a very nice car! All paid for by silly boys.

It's that kind of problem that agents create....they as well as their club should be nurturing these lads and ensuring they mature with sensible values and an understanding of the real world.
They have a responsibility to look after these lads and guide them on the right path....assuming the parents of the kid aren't capable of doing it of course.

Fergie was famously big on controlling his players outside of football...what they drove, wore conducted themselves....no big time antics were allowed and especially not the snotty kids!
Every manager should demand the same.

Very much the case....I once worked with a guy who provided life and pensions advice and being an ex semi-pro himself his clients were mainly lower league players, although he did have a few higher profile players on his books including a current England international and an ex-Blades right-back.

Anyway, he said these players have so much money sloshing around it's frightening...however, as they have been in the system since an early age and everything has been done for them by their club/agent their real world skills in a lot of cases are none-existent....he recounted one story of a player who phoned his agent because his apartment was cold and he didn't know how to switch the heating on.....he also said the clubs do a hell of a lot of running around after players, particularly with regards to food as a lot of them would simply live of takeaways as they cannot switch an oven on, let alone cook anything..

And clubs also provide 'em with "life coaches" or summat similar to deal with the challenges of life, like shopping & cooking etc
Didn't Ndlovu use such in mitigation for failing to respond to a red leccy bill ?

And clubs also provide 'em with "life coaches" or summat similar to deal with the challenges of life, like shopping & cooking etc
Didn't Ndlovu use such in mitigation for failing to respond to a red leccy bill ?

Trouble is, a fair percentage of these lads jump from one cosseted environment, living at home with their mums, into another where they rent or buy an apartment, barely capable of paying their utility bills. There's a case to be had for foreign players with language difficulties, but home grown boys who can't do the basics should be ashamed of their social inadequacy. These are the basics, the things that can find them caught up in unpaid bills, ignoring letters that speak harshly to them, as if they can somehow escape the wrath of the utility companies.

Most young guys want their wifi, their micro-waves, their watches, their expensive aftershaves, etc, etc. It also goes without saying that they crave labels, as long as the label screams "I'm special", that's all they care about. If they're willing to listen and learn all well and good, but there are those who not only want a girlfriend for the obvious, but also because the girl can act like a surrogate mum for them, thus compounding their uselessness.

Good luck at Watford Jerome.

Hope you're not wondering, in a few years, where your career and money have gone, as Aidy Ward drives past waving at you in his pimped out cunt mobile.

Good luck at Watford Jerome.

Hope you're not wondering, in a few years, where your career and money have gone, as Aidy Ward drives past waving at you in his pimped out cunt mobile.

He - and Devante Cole - have had their chance with the Blades but their useless agents have fucked things up. I think we know CW will not even consider them in the JTW.

He - and Devante Cole - have had their chance with the Blades but their useless agents have fucked things up. I think we know CW will not even consider them in the JTW.
Not sure that's the case.
Sinclair was doing what his agent was instructing him to, it doesn't sound as if he had a clue what the big picture was - and Cole was eager to come (supposedly) except that Fleetwood messed up at the last minute.
What would you have advised either of them to do?

Back
Top Bottom