Cardiff City v. Sheffield United - 15/08/17

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Sharp with 2 good efforts on goal, the only 2. That's what he does.

Good away performance apart from defending dead balls - a failing way back at Malaga and not solved by Stearman. We miss EEL in that respect. Maybe we should have had a penalty though that is always a matter of opinion.

Edwards hard saying keeper should get every cross in 6 yard box - these days the keepers can't move for bodies. Play for a push by all means.

Their No.10 missed a one-on-one, not surprised, our keeper is a daunting figure.

Wright for Stearman no problem.

Listening I reckon Cardiff were closing down for half time the way the commentary went, than they get a corner and we are exposed again.

We have Duffy, Thomas and Evans to come on and change things. We have a good squad.

We have had a difficult first three fixtures and we have competed in every game. Unfortunately Cardiff have their noses in front and like to counter attack ( 36% possession against Villa and we have had more tonight I'm told)

We just need a bit of luck for a change this season, maybe we had it all last season!

really are looking a bit toothless, finding out what a big step up it is, ill keep faith with the forwards for now, hopefully just early season rustyness, but we really do look like we need some pace up there, even if just for running the channels when we are under pressure, at the moment there is no out ball

Think we need a little bit of a change i love basham but for me, hes the new collins. The passion is there but hes not what we need for this league. I think were still short of a couple of centre backs one good midfielder and a striker.

In his day Collins was the only one heading clear all the dead balls, something he never got any praise for. Since EEL lost favour and then left we have nobody and it matters more in this league. Not that the opposition head it any better, they cross it better.

Stick ched and Hanson or Brooke's up front
Billy's been OK when he's got the ball, but he is getting nothing from midfield, Ched would make a difference.

By the sound of it United should have had a penalty just prior to the sharp chance. (Hand ball)

I think JOC has looked good. Fleck has been decent. Carruthers needs to make more forward runs beyond the strikers. We are having a lot of possession but no runners breaking through the lines.

After an hour Brookes for carruthers for me.

Sharp with 2 good efforts on goal, the only 2. That's what he does.

Good away performance apart from defending dead balls - a failing way back at Malaga and not solved by Stearman. We miss EEL in that respect. Maybe we should have had a penalty though that is always a matter of opinion.

Edwards hard saying keeper should get every cross in 6 yard box - these days the keepers can't move for bodies. Play for a push by all means.

Their No.10 missed a one-on-one, not surprised, our keeper is a daunting figure.

Wright for Stearman no problem.

Listening I reckon Cardiff were closing down for half time the way the commentary went, than they get a corner and we are exposed again.

We have Duffy, Thomas and Evans to come on and change things. We have a good squad.

We have had a difficult first three fixtures and we have competed in every game. Unfortunately Cardiff have their noses in front and like to counter attack ( 36% possession against Villa and we have had more tonight I'm told)

We just need a bit of luck for a change this season, maybe we had it all last season!
Only listening to the RS commentary but sounds like Sharp should have done better. "Wayward" was as they described it.

As for Blackman... again should have done better. He looks no better than Long to me. Another nervous uncertain keeper with poor distribution capable of making great reflex saves.

Could have had two already, tippy tappy, lose possession, they break, nearly score....

Seems a common theme.

Our Full backs/wingbacks will be the death of us on this showing.

Only listening to the RS commentary but sounds like Sharp should have done better. "Wayward" was as they described it.

As for Blackman... again should have done better. He looks no better than Long to me. Another nervous uncertain keeper with poor distribution capable of making great reflex saves.
Don't slate him yet as he is a young lad trying and that's all you can wish for.

I think it should have been a penalty before he was close to him but his arms were up. No appeals from sharp though. He should have scored the rebound though.

The second chance was a first time strike on the turn. I wouldn't have expected him to score that.

We've kept the ball quite well position stats suggest 60%

We can't keep giving it away to teams who operate on the counter. They let teams have possession. side, back, side, side, back doesn't hurt anyone.

Edit: bollocks

Again, 40 yard ball over top, Basham treading water and Mendez Laing just runs in a circle around him and whips it into far corner.

Sounds like Basham is struggling with the step up at centre half judging by the last couple of games.

Time to get serious about the lad at Blackburn or look at other targets, one thing for certain is we need to strengthen there.

Back
Top Bottom