Cardiff City v. Sheffield United - 15/08/17

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Sharp made way for Evans yday but Evans is more than capable of playing the target man role and Sharp would thrive off the scraps created by Evans imo.
It's the obvious pairing, IMHO, all things considered. Evans match fitness or lack thereof aside. I don't see him day in day out, so couldn't make that call. On top of which is the kid gloves approach likely deemed necessary by the sports science team.

But he has been our most impressive striker on the eye thus far. No doubt in my mind.

UTB

Another game where a point would be golden. One positive so far is that we've only conceded once in two games. If we can create a few more chances then we're onto something....

Worried about this one, they are full of pace and power, something which we don't have any of.

Can see a comfortable win for them tbh, 2-0 Cardiff.

Could Brayford feel he had to a point to prove to Cardiff? Might not be a bad think to leave Freeman out of this one to show he needs to be a bit quicker than he did yesterday and he's not a shoe in the team

Brayford is one of our players. IMHO he is a better player than Freeman (although I have nothing at all against Freeman!). He can play in a 5-3-2/3-5-2. Certainly deserves consideration.

Can't see us getting anything. Mendez Laing and Junior Hoilett running at us... Could be a long night.

After managing to guess the correct team for the Wallsall game, I'm going for Duffy and Lafferty in for Carruthers and Stevens!

If freeman not fit would put bash in his position and bring Mr unbeaten back into the side. Wright would have got that ball on Saturday. Also can't wait for Moore to be back in net. Just think experience is needed there

Be half tempted to with one out and out striker (probably Clarke) with Brooks or Duffy playing 'in the hole'. Think away games we may have to be a little more prepared to fill the middle of the park.

I'd also stick Lafferty back in as he's better defensively for me.

Something like:

-----------------Blackman--------------

----------Bash Stearman JO'C---------

-------------------Coutts----------------------

-Freeman Samir Fleck Lafferty-----

-------------------Brooks---------------------

---------------------Leon----------------------

Going to be a tough one, as others have said. We've been handed a difficult start, however I am glad these kind of games are happening now, rather than the 'business end' of the season.

I'd take a draw right now, but can see them edging it, like Saturday.

I would say the same though I can't see Clarke and Sharp working again . They deserve another shot at it though for me. Duffy looked lively when he came on

Sharp and Clarke will be fine together, the issue was the supply. Noone from our current strike force will score if the supply isn't coming, as it wasn't against Boro.

Got a feeling we'll go with a flat back 4, basham in front of them, brooks and carruthers behind chedwyn.

Going to be a tough one, as others have said. We've been handed a difficult start, however I am glad these kind of games are happening now, rather than the 'business end' of the season.

I'd take a draw right now, but can see them edging it, like Saturday.
Agreed. the first 3 games were always going to be tough!!. We can't have another 1st half like Saturday?. Cardiff will rip us apart if we do. I M O in wilder we trust. Utb ftp

This game can't come quick enough.
I really need to get that sour taste of Saturday out of the way.
Great game to get us back underway too.

---------------------Blackman-------------------
-------bash----------wright--------JOC--------
Freeman-----------------------------------laferty
-----------brooks----coutts--------fleck--------
----------------Clarke----------sharp------------

Cab I just say one thing team selection wise?
Offensively against Boro nobody looked great, Ched came one and did make a few things happen but for Sharp(the only player to score so far) to lose his place so early in the season seems crazy.
I'm aware how little he touched the ball Saturday and Leon did run himself into the ground but should our talisman and captain be dropped after Litterally ONE quiet game!?

I'd bring in Brayford and Evans, both have abit of pace, which were desperate for at the moment, and Cardiff seem to have in spades (not a racist remark!), I still think were heading for a defeat and I'm thinking a 3-1 loss, i hope im wrong, but i dont think were set up to deal with teams like cardiff at the moment.

---------------------Blackman-------------------
-------bash----------wright--------JOC--------
Freeman-----------------------------------laferty
-----------brooks----coutts--------fleck--------
----------------Clarke----------sharp------------
I'm a massive Brooks and Fleck fan so thats a great team when we are in possesion.
I just don't see that (or Saturdays) team winning the ball back enough.

Back
Top Bottom